Egypt's New Coach

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Brihodge, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Brihodge

Brihodge New Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Unterwegs
  2. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Egypt is like the proverbial sleeping giant in African soccer. They have the potential not only to be a serious contender for the ANC title but to go deep into the WC every time. This guy sounds like he might be the coach to wake them up.

3. JTorres

JTorres New Member

Mar 2, 2000
    The Globe-Chicago
    My understanding is the rivalry between Zamalek and Al Ahly causes selection problems which have been difficult to overcome in the past. Also, continual changes in managers who bring different styles have prevented Egypt from playing more consistent football.

Egypt's 3rd place finish in the 2001 World Youth Championship also might help the new manager with his selections.

Hope this appointment signals an upturn in their play.

By the way Ursula, your status message certainly caught me off guard - very unique.

4. ahlawiyya

ahlawiyya New Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Egypt
    I Think the new coach... if you mean Hassan Shehata, is so great. He is serious about his Job and always wants to win. He carries alot of responsibililty, but I think he has done good up to now!!!

5. adamalfi

adamalfi New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    West New York
    OK, I am going to have to disagree with you ahlawyya.

Shehata is nothing but A VERY LUCKEY coach. My uncle is Samir Zaher, and he tells me all the time, he's just waiting for his luck to run out so he can fire him...he's a joke in the EFA...