PBP: EFLC - Manchester United FC vs West Ham United FC - Sep 22 , 2021 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Martial is a shyte 9. He's better coming in from he left running at players rather than moping around with his back to goal. Should have had Martial on the left, Sancho on the right, Lingard in the middle, Greenwood at 9 and Mata nowhere.

I know we can say the players were poor and this is the hand dealt to Ole. But Ole is still the one to put the likes of Mata on the field and Martial at 9 when we have better options. That's on Ole.

2. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Icardi would beg to differ. i'm glad you have faith in him but so far he's wilted in the face of competition and can't even get his own consistency right. he's not even a reliable bench option at the moment. that Greenwood has surpassed him and even prodigal son Lingard comes off the bench ahead of him says a lot.

i don't agree we have the best attacking team in the world. maybe the roster on paper at best. in terms of maturity of play we are still some way off of it.

the good news is there is room for improvement.

3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Matic was Matic. Decent with the ball when given time. Took up decent positions when defending. But slow and useless when countered.

Lindelof wasnt good but he wasnt terrible.

Martial literally did nothing of note besides being to afraid to shoot in a clear scoring position and instead weakly attempting to square the ball which went right to their defender. I lost count of how many time he drifted to the left wing and just stood out there without making a run. He sees the writing on the wall and rather than fight for his spot back, its clear he's resigned and probably will push to leave in January.

4. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Missed the game but I heard Martial was real bad. I said it before that Martial as a 9 is a complete waste of his talent. If Martial is gonna play upfront he needs a strike partner but there's no way we'll play a 4-4-2.

JC7rox and benni... repped this.