EFL League 1 and 2 on life support?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by HScoach13, Oct 16, 2020.

1. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Look I am not sure where to put this but because it will directly effect our Yanks Abroad. Project Big Picture has failed and we are told that many EFL league 1 and 2 teams are set to dissolve within weeks due to loss of funds because of COVID 19. Some Championship teams are said that to not be far behind. This will directly effect some of our prospects. Imagine a player like CCV or Miazga who signs with a Top 6 EPL team and being caught with no place to go because of the now glut of players. If the Championship survives the Top league one players will create a glut of players. Players that got their start at lower divisions like Charlie Kelman will they get missed? What are your thoughts?

2. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the expectation is that the UK Government will step in now with a bailout. I believe that expectation formed the backdrop to all of the negotiations and explains why the parties never really even tried to come to a good agreement.

superdave repped this.
  3. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    So it is believed the government will bail out the sport/small businesses. Has Great Britain done any small business bailouts so far?