Edwin Cardona news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    A moderator edited my last post for some strange reason. Can they edit it again and delete those last two lines?
    Thanks.

2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I saw what happened, I just think that if the ref booked already, he can't change his decision even not with VAR. I'm almost positive about this rule.

3. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but at this point we need professional players. Serious professional players. this guy, like i stated before, is a erratic and volatile.
    No one doubts that when he wants to play he plays but no one can also deny that one game he is a force the next he doesnt wanna run or play and the third game he elbows another player in the face or does something stupid to get carded. Why bank on this?
    he is no that great to actually jeopardize a game waiting to see if today is his day. he is too old for that and so are we. next.

4. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thats a bold statement about an un professional erratic player

5. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why do people still insist that this man is the panacea to colombias woes?
    i think where we are lacking is more mixed midfielders who are not only willing to go on the attack but also put in the work in defense.
    as a matter of fact, this is something colombia has been hurting on for a sec. Our midfield gets overwhelmed like against chile and we have no response bc Barrios is not that type of player and Matheus so far has been a straight up disappointment

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Your points are valid, and that is Cardona’s weakness, no doubt about it. He makes himself an easy target for opposing teams to troll him into doing something stupid.

With that said, he’s still a lethal threat to have in the rotation among players like James, Cuadrado, Diaz, Roger, Uribe, Muriel and hopefully Quintero.

I’d be curious to see what kind of off field counseling, mentoring he has sought out if any - not trying to be funny here.

I just wish he could learn how to flip the script and play head games with opposing teams rather than be the one who is the sucker.

7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    There's nothing bold about it. Did you read Pepino's post?

Cardona scored two game winners in stoppage time. That's 6 points he gave us. 6. And both of those were golazos that most players wouldn't make.

James had a game winner and two game tying goals. That's 5 points.

Mina had that tying goal against Uruguay. 1 point.

Falcao tied the match against Brazil. 1 point.

EVERY single other goal we scored was either in wins with multi-goal leads or losses.

Soccer doesn't have a lot of stats. It's hard to measure a player's value. Goals are basically it. None are more important than the goals that award the team points. Cardona--a midfielder, no less--played less than half the total minutes, yet he scored more goals that mattered than anybody else.

This is the ONLY bold statement in the thread. Especially considering how pretty much everyone in the forum disagrees with you.

pepinointer, kromekote and pibe10 repped this.
  8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Point out ANYBODY who's made such a claim.

We all know where our weak area is under Quieroz' system. This does not negate that Cardona has value.

PS. Arguably, you can try Cardona there, as he's had success in that position with Colombia before.

pepinointer repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is more bold because he always mentioned his opinion that isnt based in nothing...........but he isnt able to argue the arguments and points that the other show.

@praxis.en Just repeat "he isnt the panacea that colombian woes" dont know if he is the panacea.....dont know if he is a panacea is a player that was important than more than any toher player in wcq and that is a FACT...without mentioned asistes.

10. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    most people here havent set foot on a real futbol stadium like in colombia.

11. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well. this is precisely the point. people here act like cardona is gonna solve our issues because he has had an okay season in mexico.
    but neglect the fact that at his age he keeps getting red cards for erratic behavior. I want professional players not wishy washy ones. that play when they want.

12. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he is never going to change. thats just simply how he is..

13. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona has been left out of several major major tournaments for his behavior not even his skills which no none doubts he has. Those are red flags that tell me he has behavioral problems.

14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nobody expect that cardona is savior of colombia.....but probably have contributed in national more than all colombians olayers in attacking positions less falcao and james....he should return to national team if he is in form

Stupid the obsessions and attacks of this ooster with bad arguments towards a player.

HomietheClown repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, he seems to just have an attitude problem along with being undisciplined and ignorant.

You may have your wish of not seeing him if JuanFer gets healthy within the next few weeks. I don't think both will be on the October roster quite frankly.

praxis.en repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes. Most people just see him as a good offensive role player who has contributed to our success last cycle.
    We all hope that he cleans up his act and play well of course but if he does not then we have to rely on others.

pepinointer repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree but isnt tthat we have a lot of options now in that position, to just discard cardona because he isnt our "savior"....i wont surprise if for rexample jarlan is called after james injured.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree with you but can see why Praxis never wants to see him again.

Not a big fan of Jarlan's game but if he is playing well then he could get a look.
    I hope someone like Benedetti can get healthy.

20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm feeling some surprise midfielders the next call-up. Since we're without our 2 Main creative midfielders it is time for new blood to be called up.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    according to praxis is a bold statement to say that he contributed in an 80% por our clauisfication.......and inventing hat people suggest than him is the "panacea".....

Yeah he can have an opinion.....but he is basing that opinions in false argument and wrong facts.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #997 HomietheClown, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Or Queiroz can pull a Queiroz and play with 3 Defensive midfielders and just have one creative guy on the roster. :ROFLMAO:
    Get ready for some -----Barrios-----Lerma-----Uribe!
    ;)

23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's very likely.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think cantillo debut is close...

J-Mezzy, Azucarero and crzdcolombian repped this.
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’d like to see Barrera and Benedetti get a shot but starting them for the 1st time against Brazil doesn’t seem like a good idea