Edwin Cardona news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mexico????? I had bigger hopes for this guy.

3. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona needs to have a beast season right away if he wants to go to Europe.

I will say this though it's better that he goes to Monterrey than Tijuana haha

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doesn't colombia export way more players to Europe then Mexico does?

Awful move for him and his career

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I really thought Argentina was the next step for him. Maybe even a lower European team. Read disappointed to read he's going to Mexico. Players tend to do well there and never make it out.

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    turned ok for jackson. lets hope for best.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    who else? From our NT squad. Dude needed to show one more good season at Nacional and in the summer a european team would buy him. Tho Mexicans have tons of drug money how else is America de Mexico dropping 18 million on fing DARWIN Quintero haha

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Cardona is a player that I really, really like and while LigaMX is not a bad decision, I certainly thought he would make the jump to Europe.

Monterrey probably paid a few million for him so if European teams want him, they'll have to pay quite a bit.

Count me as dissappointed.

9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @MauricioSports: Mañana jueves viajan a Monterrey, Edwin Cardona y Alexander Mejía (Nacional) para los exámenes médicos con Monterrey. Via @RubenOspina7

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Televisa owns America and Monterrey is owned by Femsa.

JJV1994 repped this.
  11. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh god....basically it's like this . Go to Argetina earlier than 20 and do good their and possibly make the move to Europe after a few seasons or do good in the sub 20 tournaments get a move to Europe and develop there or else stay in colombia have a few good seasons and then a mexico team will buy you.

No offense to the mexican league , but o had hopes of him going to Europe to help develop his game for the sake of our national team , but hey I wish him luck .

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The problem with the Mexican league is that the teams have money, maybe even cartel money, and are in no rush to sell their players abroad. A guy can perform at a high level and get stuck there. I remember the Paraguayan Cardozo, he was great there for so long and never left.

Jackson was able to leave, but it was more an exception to the rule rather than a trend.

So Mejia is going there as well? FML

jay luis repped this.
  13. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Money talks man .

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea more bummed about Meija then Cardona. Feel Cardona will get lost their because of his discipline issues. I also hate the draft system their makes it feel like players are slaves and have 0 say in their destiny. Cardona to Mexico is just going to make him Dayro Moreno part 2

Meija I feel could and should start on the NT. Will not help his career or NT chances.

Mexican league is the colombian league with better foreign players(no random ass 32+ year old Argies or Uruguaysns there haha)

15. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just really hope kids like sebastian rincon , trencito , balanta, don't sell go to mexico where they can develop their game in europe and become very good players.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Issue with colombians is that bs EU status that Argies and Brazilians are able to lie about.

Aren't all Colombians technically part spaniard? Why don't we get eu status like the argies when they say they are Italians!!! Or the Brazilians when they say Nazi..... I mean German war criminals ..... I mean German

17. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't know much about that ..but colombia and brazil have basically that same racial mix up , except I guess more germans and italians move to brazil , other than that idk why brazilI and have more of an advantage for that pass port.

18. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pocos equipos mexicanos en primera división tienen dinero del narco, probablemente Xolos obtenga dinero del narco, y tal vez Veracruz, pero la mayoría de los equipos en la Liga MX son propiedad de alguna compañia multinacional mexicana (Morelia & Atlas - TV Azteca, Cruz Azul - Cooperativa Cruz Azul, Monterrey - FEMSA, América - Televisa, Tigres - CEMEX, etc...)

Ahora, sí no podría asegurar que lo mismo suceda en el Ascenso MX, allí si suelen ser propietarios menos establecidos, así que no me sorprendería que muchos equipos sean un lavadero de dinero o un capricho del narco (aunque también es dudoso, ya que los narcos mexicanos en su mayoría son de una zona netamente beisbolera).

En cuanto a la facilidad de los argentinos y brasileños de obtener un pasaporte comunitario, es porque recibieron inmigración masiva más inmediata (no hace mucho recibieron oleadas de italianos, principalmente).

JJV1994 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  19. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Desde cuando los equipos Mexicanos tienen de duenos gandes companias? Aca solo Atletico Nacional pero de verdad no gastan tanta plata.

20. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El "boom" empezó después de los noventas, antes de eso prácticamente sólo América (por eso les llamaban "millonetas") y Cruz Azul (que obviamente su origen es corporativo) tenían dueños de compañías grandes.

JJV1994 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not sure if his style of play will fit the Mexican League. I also hope he learns to keep his cool or else Dracula will red card him every match. :p

Let's see what happens.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In other news, Monterrey proudly announce the signing of James Rodriguez, Radamel Falcao, and Juan Guillermo Cuadrado.

In all seriousness, what is the connection here with Colombia? This team is like the Mexican Atletico Nacional + Chara. They will have a pretty good team though, hope they can challenge America for supremacy.

JJV1994 and ...In my defense repped this.
  23. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I think Marco Rodriguez retired.

JJV1994 and HomietheClown repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Happy days are here again!

25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    so now Monterrey has: Mejia, Cardona, Pabon and Stefan Medina. That Cardona - Pabon line can be pretty sick. And to be fair, if you're gonna play in the Mex League, you might as well play for the same squad. That lines up VERY well into Pekerman and the NT. Sort of like when we had Guarin, James and Falcao @ Porto for that bit of time.

elviejomen repped this.