Eduardo el “Tanque” Hurtado

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by cristian1mv, Jun 27, 2007.

1. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Hurtado

i have come to the conclusion that he shoulnt play for the national team anymore he is way past his prime, is starting to make manny mistakes and is as fast as before. does any one agree with me or am i the only one that has noticed this.

2. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Re: Hurtado

What because of that header? He was tackled and the FN Ref did not call it. He did not call the hand ball nor the other tackles. Giving U Dela cruz a yellow card?!!!! FOR WHAT!!!!!!???????/

3. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

de la cruz was fantastic going up, but left HUGE gaps in the back, and the second half his gas tank was empty.

Hurtado was a disaster, and has been for a while, but unfortunately I dont think anyone can cover his spot right now.

Espinoza was probably the best out of the 4 in the back.

Bagui didnt attack much, but didnt look too solid in the back either reminds me of ambrossi, they should try with reascos next game.

4. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

I'm also taking notice,but I think he'll retire from the NT once he breaks Cafu's record.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

You guys are just noticing now? Every game he has been making one or two BAD mistakes leading to goals or almost goals. Remember his assist to Donovan against the US?

Ban Ban is a legend but it's painfully obvious he's getting old. Guagua needs to start getting minutes in so he is ready for the qualifiers.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

we need to revamp period....

DLC is old, and Hurtado too...as ppl have been saying, Guagua needs more minutes, Reasco needs to either go back to Liga or go to a team where he will play every game!!! He used to be a shining star for us, now he looks like hes out of form and shape, not because he sucks but because he has a lack of competitive playing time...there are so many capable defenders in Ecuador, I don't understand why Suarez doesn't look into clinics with fresher talent...

7. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

yup i agree we have alto of flashy offensive players but who do we have that is young and good and is a defender. we really need a good defence becuse that is starting to become our bigest weakness.

also that push did make the mistake if you really look at it hurtado headed the ball worng before the guy ever touched him.

no disrespect to him he is a legend. but just like delgado retired to let new talent in to help the team he must do the same (after 4 game so he gets that record) but he should not be there the whole game at the end he was being outrunned and made alot of mistakes.

i love you hurtado but your time has passed you should pass the torch to another young ecuadorian.

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

that young Ecuadorian is Jorge Guagua...

for the sake of Ecuador's livelihood in the elimiatorias, we need better defense

9. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

hurtado is a class act and legend but i think you right... It may be time to hand over the reigns... :(

E4L

10. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Guagua needs to get on the field.

11. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Hurtado and DLC are fantastic players and though they are old, they start out nicely....very nicely, but if D!ckhead Suarez does not get rid of them by the second half of the game, we are gong to screw up like we did with Chile.

Their days are not gone. Suarez has just got to play it smart, That is why we have substituions for.

Use them Suarez.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It's "Bam-Bam"...yesterday on Univision a commentator calld him "El Tanque Hurtado"...a different player all together! LOL!!

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I concur!!

14. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Yeah those stupid azz fathead mezzicans,they also said that Luis A Valencia was so good becuase he played for Barcelona de Gye,when in fact he only played for El Nacional.

15. yusukesisepuede

yusukesisepuede New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Tokyo,Japan
    Who is the replacement of Hurtado

Guagua?Perlaza?Calle?other?

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Re: Who is the replacement of Hurtado

Guagua has been Hurtado's natural replacement since the World Cup. The fact that he hasn't already taken the spot is shocking and more damning evidence that Suarez must go.

17. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

GUAGUA id awful.. flat out awful.. Don't you read the argentine newspapers?

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

well I'm not too sure of his performances in Argentina but he has been fighting off a chronic injury which he went under the knife for and was out of action for a while...I dont know how he is now but he is muscular, tough and seemed to be pretty aware when he played in the WC and back in Ecuador...give him time I guess....many say he's the natural successor for bam bam

19. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

out of all the ones we have, Guagua is probably the best succesor to Hurtado.

Now the problem is, La Sombra is playing the way he was before the world cup, like a freaking butcher.
    So replacing Hurtado doesn't really solve anything, plus the fact that we are lacking someone on the left, and Ulises is on his way, but Reascos could easily replace him.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Perlaza, Guagua, Bagui, Calle seem like successors to our defenders

21. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

I had alot of hope on Bagui, but he just doesn't cut it. They should really look into calling the guy in Netherlands for a few games (Jose Valencia).

Perlaza is up there with Cuchara Caicedo.

Calle is like 28 and still hasn't consolidated himself, not to mention he is slower than Hurtado.

22. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

The replacement of Hutado si llama Jorge Majoa,jugador del Manta FC who was sold to EL Nacional.But for now Guagua or Carlos Castro would do.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I dont know why people are beefing on Bagui...he's still very very young and has great potential to be great if he can make it to europe

24. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

I've read around that some are saying that Bagui lacks international experience,but little did they know that he is already 25 yrs old and has played libertadores already,,para mi we should start looking for another young left full back.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

oooo someone told me he was 22...damn if hes 25 then that changes the dimension totally