editing profile

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Ferdinand Cesarano, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am sure thst this is a stupid question. But I cannot see how to edit my profile.

I noticed that there is some outdated information in my profile because I haven't updated it in such a long time. So I went to my profile page; but I saw no "edit" button.

I hope that someone will point me in the right direction on this matter.

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the upper right, where you see your userID, mouse over for the menu to appear, and then select which area you want to edit. At that bottom of that page/section, click on "save changes" after you have made your changes and you will have updated your changes.

3. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am using my phone, not a computer. Is changing the profile not possible in the mobile interface?

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 soccernutter, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Are you using the BigSoccer app, Taptalk, or standard browsing?

For standard browsing, select the three bars on the upper right, then select the second from left icon (the one that looks a bit like a person/bust). From there, select which area you want to edit. At the bottom of that page/section, click on "save changes" after you have made your changes and you will have updated your profile.

For the other two options, @dark knight would probably be better help as I'm not familiar with them.

5. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am using the browser in my phone.

Thank you; your instructions helped me make the changes I wanted to make. (Even though the three-bar icon is located at the upper left, not the upper right.)

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, mis-typed (I was verifying myself). You are welcome.

Ferdinand Cesarano repped this.
  7. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh, wait.

I wanted to change the listing of my favourite club. I found a blank field marked "club", and I filled it in.

But now I see that my posts are showing both the original and current clubs. The current club just shows under my name, while the previous club shows after the label "Club".

How can I make it so that NYCFC shows after the label "Club"?

8. Janet H

Janet H Administrator

Jul 30, 2015
    Pacific NW
    Club:
    Seattle
    Make sure you are logged in and then go here: https://www.bigsoccer.com/account/

You can make updates and changes there. Note that some of these changes will require the desktop version of the site to complete.

9. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for responding.

I've been to that page; the instructions of @soccernutter led me there. It was there that I updated my contact information and also added mention of NYCFC.

This time I went there, still on my phone's browser, and requested the desktop site. But (please pardon my denseness) I'm afraid I still cannot see how to make it say "Club: NYCFC" where it currently says "Club: Chelsea F.C.".

I will next be at a computer on Tuesday. Should I expect to be able to make this change then?

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Janet H Looked though the mobile version and that option does not appear to be there.

11. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I feel kind of stupid, that perhaps I am missing something obvious. But, even on a computer, I don't see how to change that setting that now says "Chelsea F.C.".

I go to my profile page and change the personal details.

[​IMG]

Yet my posting still shows "Club: Chelsea F.C."

[​IMG]

So, what am I doing wrong? (Besides taking up your time.)

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clubs used to have to be selected from a drop-down menu, which no longer exists, but I think it still matters. My guess is that if you choose clubs that were in the drop-down menu like Manchester United, the club appears in both places. If you start with Chelsea (which I'm assuming you did), and change to NYCFC, who didn't exist when the drop-down menu was created, it changes on the line above your join date but not on the line that starts with "club." I'm not saying that's how it should be. I'm just saying my hypothesis about the problem. My guess is that nothing can be done on a computer or phone until BigSoccer changes something on their end.

13. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, that helps. It lets me know that I am not missing anything.

Thank you.

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By mobile browsing, that drop down is not present. Hence my tagging @Janet H

I stand corrected - that option does not exist anywhere.

15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Janet H (sorry to tag you twice), the issue is that there is nothing to change the "Club" display. What is possible is to change that space above the join date. Here is what I did:

Started with nothing between join date and "Staff Member."

upload_2018-2-17_15-13-3.png

This was confirmed by the blank space in my profile:

upload_2018-2-17_15-13-48.png

So I added a team, "Galaxy"

upload_2018-2-17_15-14-12.png

Saved Changes at the bottom, and refreshed on a thread displaying my profile, and saw:

upload_2018-2-17_15-15-20.png

And now I see "Galaxy" in the space between join date and "Staff Member," an area that had been previously blank.

Then, to make sure I was being correct, I blanked out the Favorite Club box:
    upload_2018-2-17_15-17-18.png

And then refreshed on a thread displaying my profile:

upload_2018-2-17_15-18-33.png

No where in my profile (and likely for everybody) the possibility to change "Club." Please add this option.

EvanJ, Ferdinand Cesarano and sitruc repped this.
  16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bump:

The minor issue I am having is that when you look at my profile information where it shows my club as Boca Juniors the club badge to the left is for Barca. It appears to be the same issue in post #12 from EvanJ in which he is a ManU fan but his also shows the Barca badge.

How can we fix this?

17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you post a screen shot of that? I just looked at post 12 and it has the Man U badge.

Moishe repped this.
  18. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    #18 edcalvi, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    I have to leave mine blank or just keep my existing club (Atlético Madrid) because my team doesn't change at all.

I type in "Club Tijuana" but my club will not change from "Atlético Madrid".

I can only change it to a club that's listed, and most Liga MX and MLS clubs are not listed. I tried "LAFC" as well. What a bummer.

Screenshot_20180330-053709.jpg

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is odd, when I posted both yours and my club badges were showing Barca. Both are clearly back to normal.

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few months ago my badge was changing back and forth between Man U and other things.

Moishe repped this.