Edison Mendez

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by yusukesisepuede, Oct 14, 2005.

1. edu0920

edu0920 New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    USA
    does any1 know a url where they might show the game of psv vs. Galatasaray

2. Sometimes I wonder the knowledge on soccer of posters on these boards. PSV is one of the top 5 strongest teams in Europe and the quote made by this poster that he signs up with even a stronger team means that he sees the guy with Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona or Lyon. On what basis?

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    agreed....PSV is an incredibly strong club, now more than ever

4. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Mmmm, I don't think PSV is one of the Top 5 strongest teams in the world, 2 years ago they were no doubt.

5. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yep, PSV has gone down a little.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    but theyre still really good

7. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    did I strike a nerve...?I'm so sorry:rolleyes:
    Do I even have to defend myself?

How did you come up with this thought? Are you saying that there are not stronger teams out there? Wahtr is your point exactly?

Try not to Assume

8. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mendez played the whole game,and a good one at that.keep it up kinito, u makin us proud! :D

9. My point is that as soon as a player plays a few matches well for PSV their country fellow men immediately start blabbering about big clubs going to sign him. At first they are over the moon that a club like PSV signed him and in a few matches time PSV isnot good enough for them anymore.
    There are dozens of clubs that have more money than PSV and can pay a player 4, 5 times more than PSV does, but money doesnot buy you the status PSV has. If a shoeshiner wins the lotto and becomes a millionaire, he still has no status, he still will be a shoeshiner with a lot of money.
    I suggest you to make a list of the teams that have won European trophees and look in that list for the teams that the last few years were a force to reckon with. Then you will see how stupid your last sentence is.

10. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    It looks like the only thing stupid is that one,(I'll say it again) the Assumption you made earlier.
    Never said anything against PSV (if that was the nerve I struck)

Never said anything referring to Chelsea and the above mentioned being stronger than PSV.

Some of us are just simply tossing ideas. I for one, am passionate towards my beloved team and the impact it has on our people. My mind will always be looking out for my Eucas. Edison Mendez has shown great skill and we are simply wishing for the best possible outcome for Mendez and the rest of the Ecuadogs that are representing.
    Yet you saw something entirely different. Give it a rest. My comment had nothing to do with which team makes more money or who has more status and what not, But you felt it necessary to go there. All of a sudden, you bring status, shoe shine, trophies and an insult. What the hey? What I say, what I say? I struck a nerve that is what I did. I enjoy poking wounds when it is intentional, when it is not, I still enjoy it. :D and when provoked, I poke other things too.

tell why so touchy touchy?

I remind you once more, try not to ASSume. Because to assmume is to make an (fill in the rest)

11. I am a fan of a rival of PSV, but I respect their achievements and if you read posts from supporters of players like Mendez (he's not the only one) than you see their supporters getting excited about their idol going to clubs like Valencia, New Castle United to name a few. Totally respectable clubs, but not in the same league as PSV and when someone comes up with bigger clubs than PSV there are a few left and I mentioned those clubs. So if the assumption is made that these clubs, as being bigger than PSV, are going to look for him then my question was: on what basis? He will have to show alot more than he has up till now. I am not suggesting that he will not be able to, but when you talk about assuming, then you were barking up the wrong tree.
    I hope he will make the top players list, because it will mean that PSV and Dutch football and Ecuadorian football will benefit. But what I was opposing was the implicit belitteling of PSV and the premature halleluya haling. Let us wait a little longer and hopefully Mendez will lift the Champions League trophee after a dazzling performance.

12. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Like I said before, never did I belittle PSV. It's a good time for Ecuas now. We are simply pumped up.

13. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
  14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

15. Today I watched Eurosport, the European sports channel and they broadcasted there programm about the ranking of the 24 best teams in Europe. I was being modest, because Eurosport had Lyon as the first top team and PSV as the second in their ranking. So eat your comment on assuming please:p

16. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    And you need to eat a nice bowl of S.T.F.U.

Drop it already, you're not making any sense. That wasn't my argument.:p

17. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Mendez got red carded. Does anyone know what happened?

They beat Ajax 1-0

18. This wasnot a good match for him, so he collected two yellows, stupid ones too.

19. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i heard the ref gave him stupid ones. anyway, he was playing good until he was taken out.

20. Kicking the ball away that is out when you already have a yellow card sounds stupid by the ref to you?

21. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I got tipped off by some of your mates at this forum. They told me that you think Mendez is over rated.

That would make sense then hmmm:cool:

22. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
    well, lets just put it in perspective... in short time, he made the starting 11, he is the only PSV player nominated for the ballon d'or... :cool:

23. Well, then you have informers that are totally wrong, because I rate Mendez as one of the best in the Dutch competition and he has proven that by playing quite impressive games. But against Ajax he sucked and he got yellow carded the first time for pulling a player down by his shirt and the second I already mentioned. So if I am biased about Mendez than it is the positive direction, but when he suckes in a game I willnot cover that up.

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he did center a shot which was converted into a goal....