Edison Mendez

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by yusukesisepuede, Oct 14, 2005.

1. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    He full name is Jose Luis Valencia Murillo was born in Esmeraldas and is 25 years old.The reson why I think that he is hardly known is becuase he's only club in Ecuador was el Delfin SC.By that time el Delfin was playing in the second division.After playing for 2 seasons with Delfin ,he got transfered to Deportivo Maldonado of Uruguay.It was there that Ajax of Holland spoted him and bought his pass.He palyed for 3 seasons in Ajax,2 with NEC and now this will be his 2nd season with Willem 2.The man can play,back central,volante de contencion and his natural position left full back(carilero izqueirdo)Which is were I think is our weakness in the NT.Paul Ambrosi todavia no me convence.I don't know why LFS keeps ignoring the man,however he did invite him to train with the NT only once,but ONLY to train cause he wasn't not in the convocatoria.:confused:

2. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Well it is clear now that Mendez belongs with PSV. Farfan and Mendez are a great combo. They communicate well together….very well. Kone the other hand was good but not in tune with the whole program, just a bit. I’m sure this will change as they get to know one another.

…but damn, is it me or did Mendez do really well? What ..he got to know the team for about two weeks before he got on the pitch and already he has demonstrated his talent? One thing for sure about Mendez, he knows how to adapt to other styles. He is not even left footed yet makes a valiant effort to go left wing. He defiantly assessed the game because the second half was great. Wish he got those goals.

Tommorow babeee
    Manchester against my Celtic…Hail Hail.

3. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Glad to have you here. We got a bunch of good hearted Ecuas here.

4. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    I totally respect your opinion,but I think he was average today,I would not say awesome.I think the awesome part will come later on once he gets to adapt and familirize with his teamates.Plus he is playing out of place,(like my bro Loraz said)He was playing on the leftside and his strengh is on the right.And on the first half he was to far from the forwards,almost playing a defensive midfielder,which he's not.On the second half he was different,it's like he got a "little" loose,relaxed and advanced his position on the pitch.To me, his performance on the second half was better.I wanted him show his free kick abilities,and Farfan was trying to get a call on the 18 and 20 yard lines,but the ref did not made them calls.Overall I think the draw wasn't bad at all,considering the new players and stuff.Koeman has some work to do.

5. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well, mendez outshone his teammates again, as he was officially the man of the match on www.uefa.com :D

6. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Kone needs to pass the ball a bit more,

7. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think farfan was motm, but barely. farfan started off hot and mendez finished off hot. man, if that shot went it :eek:

i am very proud of the man.

8. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    good on you Ecua. That link made my evening!

It really made my evening

9. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    Good game today, farfan, mendez played well. Also of course salcido had an excellent game aswell.

10. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i saw the game and wow mendez played great... definitely deserving man of the match.... lets hope he is the first ecuadorian to represent us triumphantly in europe!... Mendez and Valencia both under 30.. are probably the best exported players out of Ecuador at the moment. I really hope Valencia gets playing time in his club so he can show his worth!

11. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Senor Mendez played a good game. Me and my brother stared at each other wide eyed when he struck a ball from way outside that almost went in...i was in awe as i saw him showcase some brilliant passing skills that led to some attacks...bravo !! Senor Mendez..te estas adaptando muy bien al futbol del extranjero y no tengo ninguna duda que permanesera en la titularidad del Psv...my brother made a good comparison yesterday after the game..he told me that during some moments of the match he moved and played alot like Deco...i kno that right now this is an over the top comparison..but Edison's vision and mobility is being formed into that kind of player...i kno one thing's for sure...Edison is going to be making alot noise in europe......:D

12. yusukesisepuede

yusukesisepuede New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Tokyo,Japan
    Mendez have been the first ecuadorian on Champions League, haven't he?
    his activity made me happy!!:) :)

i am looking for Mendez confronting Inamoto when PSV face Galatasaray at group C

13. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
  14. f_e_f 4life

f_e_f 4life New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    i dont noe y dey dont give mendez da freedom 2 do what ever he wants.......for mostt of the game he was a volante de contencion.......he need 2 play more front were he is more affective.......i didnt feel that he had such a good game cuz of dat.......

by da way i saw da game on ppstream......it works good...am hopin 2 catch more games on diz streams.......ty 2 da guy dat posted da link

15. rafis69

rafis69 Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  16. f_e_f 4life

f_e_f 4life New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    wtf......us ecuadorian tenemos mala fama with da mexican n peruvians.....but it is true dat mendez is better den both lolllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz:D

"Originally Posted by Panfilo
    PSV is a big club and it does deserve its own sub forum.
    So does Ajax.

But lets be realistic here.

It will end up in

"Salcido sucks"
    "hell no Farfan is a joke."

"Dam you Mexican"
    "No Dam you Peruvian"

(Cue Ecuadorian supporters)

Mendez is better than both!!!

Mexicans and Peruvians: Ecuador who?

While the Dutch sit back and think to themselves

What the Hell did we do?"

17. Ecua_Man

Ecua_Man New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thanks. I just came back from few days of traveling. I'll be checking this post more often to share more opinions. You guys all seem to be well-informed about ecuadorian players. Let's hope they'll go back to be world cup. I think they have a good chance.

18. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    someone explain to me what is going on in that thread? Petition? ..what for. I'm still half asleep and working.

19. mizterio

mizterio Member

Sep 5, 2006
    muy ciertoooooooooooooo :cool:

20. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    heard Mendez had a hell of a game in the Holland Cup. He is showing vast improvement, physically and tactically! :D

21. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
  22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Edison is now officially Ecuador's top star. His performance will be key for the 2010 qualifiers.

Go Edison!

23. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Yeah, and with 3 gols he is the top scorer for PSV.;)

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that goal was just durrrrtay!!!!!!!! awesome!!