Edison Mendez

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by yusukesisepuede, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Mendez did great in Mexico as well right?

2. Garlic Sauce

Garlic Sauce New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Eindhoven
    wow, that's totally uncalled for... Afellay is even of Moroccan descent :p

First of all, Cocu is the most important player of PSV... period... he's the captain, motivator and ingame coach for the younger players... call him the general if you will.

Simons is also more important (not necessarily better!) than Mendez, because he is by far the most consistant player i've ever seen. He hasn't missed a minute yet this season, and his level is always above average. Because of his 'dirty work' other players get the chance to play better and with less pressure from opponents.

Afellay is a great talent and technically superior to Mendez, however so far not very consistant (and a bit injury prone). Mendez has superior physique and is a more allround player.

Conclusion: you can't compare those players 1 on 1... they all have a different task within the team. But from those 4 players Cocu would be missed the most (36 yrs, more experience than all the other players combined) :)
    Mendez is a great player though, and still in his first year at PSV. I expect him to get better and better ;)

3. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Some people do like Aisatti more then Mendez, but he's a very usefull player for matches like Arsenal-PSV. He's running all over the field, defending and attacking. Don't forget he is a important player for a team that is in the quarter final of the CL.. That's a high level..
    To the person with the same name as me Paul_NL ;)
    He's a total different player then Afellay, Cocu and Simons... Mendez is more a runner who can score goals and that's why he is a great addition to the PSV midfield. I'm sure Koeman rates him higher then Culina. He even rates him higher then Aisatti...

4. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Aissati is 17.

Read what PSV fans think about him, they will mainly say the same thing as I do.

psv.netwerk.to is a good place and also has an English section

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Mendez is a talented workhorse, and he improves the team by his defensive effort and offensive talents, as well as his ability to make the big plays.

Look at Liga in Ecuador, they can't even make the Copa Libertadores this year. During Mendez' time, they were consistently making the knockout stages. If you saw those games, Mendez was a HUGE part of that team, supplying Delgado, Murillo, and others to score the big goals, as well as controlling the midfield.

6. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Your kind of right,my fault I take that that back(caught me in a good move)
    I do like Afellay very much,the kid has wonderful ball control and with time will only get better.
    PSV has many talented ballers who can step up,once Mendez leaves.I can see now why PSV didn't sign another Ecuadorian Franklin Salas,,he has almost the same style of playing of Afellay,but is older and just came back from an injury.
    But to me Afellay is way better than Salas.

7. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC
    I like your analisys man!
    And to add to that, let's just say that Mendez might not be as flashy, but he is extremely important tacticaly.
    When other players in his position can be more talented w/ the ball in their feet, they could not defend as well as Mendez can.
    Mendez has nice passing ability, can score, has a lethal long shot and is very good on settle plays (freekicks and cornerkicks), he also defends very well. If you ask me he is very important in PSV's tactics, eventhough he is more of a mix midfielder (defend and create) than creative midfielder. He might not be creating a whole lot but he is key for the PSV's to control the midfield during important matches.

8. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Salas is rated as not good enough by PSV

9. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Aisatti is 18 ;) You should know that :p

10. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    True,,but the same thing was said about Mendez before his debut,,,,and now look at the results.;)

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I must admit that Salas was terrible what I saw from the trainings

12. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Its wierd how PSV fans are being so critical on Mendez. Let these guys feel proud of him, Mendez is a great player. Of course we all know that Farfan is still the best Latino on PSV though :p

13. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Mendez was good enough to get a loan contract and now a real contract

14. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Maybe,pero a nivel de seleccion vale v!rgas.;)

15. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Farfan does have the hottest looking girl for sure

16. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Nadies insulto to jugador. Mendez puede ir y perder en 2 mas world cups pero a nivel de dinero Farfan vale mas que Mendez ;)

17. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ?????

18. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    But Farfan is getting fat :p

19. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    He is eating too much...nevermind ;)

20. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    vale verg.a? are you mexican????

mira farfan si rinde en la seleccion y con el psv tambien

atraviesa por un buen momento la foca, suerte foquita

21. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Por ahora!!!!:cool:

22. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    ,,and slow.

23. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Kromkamp's girl is better

but this offtopic I think :)

24. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    farfan is not getting fat, he is getting bigger, getting more muscles like robihno didnt u see robinhi 2 years ago, now he looks decend

25. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    they look the same