Ecuatorianos en el exterior, Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by cristian1mv, Jan 9, 2010.

1. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Honestly i think its a good move last i checked he was getting no playing time at vitesse and when he does its not in the double digits. He'll definitely excel in Mexico in my opinion, good move i hope he doesnt flop like others.

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    At least he'll be ready to join them first day of pre season

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This is the path most of our players take so... one the one hand he is not going to do any better than he is now in Vitesse his time there is up. Arroyo is rumored to be leaving and going back to Barcelona any one know if this is true? So he will experience a different a completely different league than he is use to get more playing time and most likely get more involved in the national team. He is 25 now so if he takes advantage of it and shines in mexico he will really seal a spot on the NT and grow as a player.

I hate how this is the path for our players but they cant do much better and its not a that bad of an option in reality as long as it brings them to the NT they get money they are happy. But it was exciting when he was attracting interest from England, Italy, Germany and Spain but thats opportunity for him has past.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    His second chance. I hope he takes advantage of it. 24 years old it's now or never.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Renato got stuck in his career I'd say about 2 years ago. That's when he had to make the move. After the WC '14 it was time to make the move out Vitesse, but I feel like he never drew REAL interest from other teams either within the league or more competitive ones. He never grew. Reminds me of Joao Rojas to some degree. Rojas was great up until Morelia and then never continued growing and now he's just another player in Cruz Azul. Sure he's a starter usually (besides this season where he was on and off at times), but that's his stopping point. Couldn't take it beyond that. I kind of see Fidel in the same way, BUT at least Fidel could replicate his good moments on the NT which is a plus. Renato made a good move if you ask me. Of course Europe is the ideal scene especially if it's in a competitive league, but if you've been on a team for 6 years and haven't made a real impact to draw interest from bigger clubs inside or outside that country, then obviously something isn't being done right. Going to America, Pumas, Cruz Azul- the top three teams that foreigners can go to in MX is pretty BIG. If you shine there you're a proven player and you will most likely draw attention from European teams. I'm sure Renato can use this time to recover his futbol he once had and maybe JUST maybe, get back on his feet and move back to Europe in a year or so. It's up to him. I don't know what caused his slump, but America is the right place to get back on your feet and shine again. Good luck to him.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Well Arroyo in America, Fidel in Pumas, and Rojas in Cruz Azul none of them really held the starting position in those teams for too long. Fidel did for a awhile and did great but then lost his position to Quinones which is unfortunate I think that what separating them from Europe that they are not making it in Big mexican teams. The majority of our players only shined in small teams.

I totally forgot that Fidel played in Leones Negros too lol I know Tijuana is not a that big of a team in mexico but I felt like he was losing his starting position there too which is why they ended up selling him anyone remember that?

Anyway I really do hope he does good and in a way am interested to see him playing over there.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think it's a good move. America has high standards and I hope he excels there.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cevallos is a smart man....BSC is getting Marcos Caicedo on loan now that Penilla is out. Similar characteristics, but a very smart idea indeed. 24 years old and still hasn't made it. Let's see if he can recover his futbol in BSC. Won't be easy.

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, there's a difference between making it to a big club like Joao Rojas and then shining in one like Chucho did. Joao has, for the most part, been a starter in Cruz Azul, but never has he shined at all. He's average there at best and doesn't excel which is why I know that's his limit. He can't get better than what we've seen. Fidel HAS shined in PUMAS. His problem is that another player came in and gave him a run for his money. BUT when Fidel plays he's effective. He scores and assists even coming off the bench. He just needs to be consistent for an extended period of time. He's better than Joao though and that's proven. Arroyo is influential. In some games more than others. He's proven it. He's just not the young Arroyo anymore. I think he's 28 or 29 now. Arroyo has always been a great player and proven it even in America. He's just not in his prime anymore.

Renato is in his prime years due to age. Maybe his moment doesn't reflect that but he can still pick himself back up and make a return to a better more competitive European league if he performs well in America for a year or so.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sornoza is rumored to be linked with Celta de Vigo and Real Sociedad. I bet he doesn't go to either.

Orejuela is rumored to draw interest from some Bundesliga team. Nothing concrete but I feel like IDV won't let him go.

Jose Angulo- he will go. I'm sure teams will want to snatch him away. What needs to be seen first is his semi-final performance and teams will flock towards him if he does well. That's why IDV is waiting.

Arturo Mina- I think he's Brazil bound, but IDV is playing smart. Don't sell ANYONE just yet. Let them prove themselves in semi-finals. Their worth will elevate if they do well and especially if Boca if eliminated. Geez....that would be an insane elevation in price tag. No team has ever eliminated River and Boca in a Copa Libertadores.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    IDV said that they had serious offers from mexican teams for Orejuela. I hope Europe starts to throw real offers at him.

And as far a Mina they said Athletico Minero is interested in him as well as Beşiktaş JK from Turkey(I think). I dont think Minero would be the best option for him or the NT. Minero just signed a CB and if Mina goes there he would most likely battle the starting spot with Erazo.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    More than likely he would bench Erazo if he can display the futbol he is right now. Erazo would be mad he ever tried to convince Mina to join lol. Not that Erazo does bad there. He's actually had a good run so far and starts a good 90-95% of the games, but there must be a reason they're signing center backs. They must not be satisfied with what they have is my opinion.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What's up with all the Turkey rumors?

15. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Will Miler Bolanos start for Gremio tonight?

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Recife, Brasil, Jueves 23 Junio 2016, 15H25
    “No me adapté a estar solo” (AUDIO)
    Alex Bolaños explica su salida de Santa Cruz y confirma estar cerca de SD Aucas

- See more at: http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/n...-cerca-de-sd-aucas/68115#sthash.Pf6eO1g9.dpuf

Próximo a emprender el viaje de regreso a la Mitad de Mundo, Alex Bolaños reveló a qué se debió su salida del Santa Cruz de Recife, confirmando las versiones periodísticas brasileras que apuntaban a un “problema de adaptación”. - See more at: http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/n...-cerca-de-sd-aucas/68115#sthash.Pf6eO1g9.dpuf

“No me adapté a la ciudad, no me adapté a estar sólo acá. Es por ese tema, no me sentía cómodo al estar solo acá. Se está hablando de la recisión y de regresar a mi país nomás. No puedes mirar el rendimiento de un jugador en dos partidos, en un mes acá. Más fue por mi falta de adaptación, por no estar con mi familia, estuve solo tres meses”, confesó Alex Bolaños en una entrevista exclusiva concedida a ‘Afición Central’.

“Pasaron cosas que no pensaba que iban a suceder acá. Me sentí solo en estos tres meses. Tenía contrato hasta el 2017, por ahí no pensé que regresaría pronto a Ecuador y por eso se está hablando para llegar a un acuerdo e irme tranquilo a mi país. Esperemos esta semana o sino esperar hasta la otra. Igual estoy entrenándome, me estoy presentando (a las prácticas)”, amplió el volante esmeraldeño de 31 años.

“Debo esperar la propuesta del presidente (Alírio Morais) para irme tranquilo, para irme donde esté a gusto junto a mi familia. He estado en conversaciones con la gente de Aucas, no esperaba que el regreso fuera tan pronto. Dejé las puertas abiertas, ellos también, si por ahí me están abriendo las puertas es porque terminamos de buena manera”, complementó el ex mediocampista de Sociedad Deportiva Aucas.

El Ídolo Capitalino lo extrañó mientras andaba por Recife y precisamente es Papá su principal opción para continuar su carrera. La única en la Serie A Ecuatoriana (disputó 8 partidos por Aucas y no puede jugar por ningún otro club de Primera. Pudiera hacerlo si fuesen 5 o menos). “La gente de Aucas me trató bien y siempre se ha portado muy bien conmigo. Siempre Aucas será mi primera opción, mi paso por ahí fue bueno y su gente siempre se portó bien conmigo”, mencionó.

Y reiterando la razón que lo llevó a dar por terminado su ciclo en el fútbol brasilero tras disputar tres partidos con Santa Cruz (dos de titular y uno ingresando al cambio), Bolaños culminó: “me sentía solo, sin nadie que hable mi mismo idioma, son cosas que por ahí te hacen tomar decisiones drásticas. Si llega una propuesta (del exterior) tocará pensarlo una y diez mil veces, no quisiera pasar lo mismo que pasé acá”.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!??!?!?!??!?!??!

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In reality that's why the Ecuadorian player has not had numerous successes outside of the country. Of course there's a lot who have, but for the handful or more that haven't it's because of petty reasons like this. Alex Bolanos is a great player. IMO he matured a bit late in his career and the fact that he lacked discipline and ended up behind bars for sometime became an obstacle for him to succeed at an earlier age. He always possessed great talent. He's tall, strong, and most of all he's got speed for a midfielder- something that Noboa, Segundo, Pedro don't possess. He's like a mixture of Gruezo and Orejuela, but bigger. He's even more talented than Segundo Castillo was in the sense that he's multifunctional. Alex isn't just a #5, he's more of a mixed midfielder but his defensive characteristics stick out. Pressures well and can push the ball up the field with explosiveness at times when you least expect it. Another example of a great player with talent who wasted it due to such poor discipline and mentality. At least his brother was able to save himself on time. I can only imagine where Miller would be if he had not lacked discipline during his days in Liga. I'm sure he'd be playing in a top league in Europe without a doubt. Same with Alex. Well, I guess it 's back to Aucas....he's important to the NT so I hope he his motors running again so he can make it to the Qualifiers in September if needed. Same with Pedro Quinonez.

18. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

And the dude is in Recife! No offense to Ecuador but he must be crazy to go back there, especially when leaving a city as great as Recife and a country as welcoming as Brazil. It must be a woman or something ;).

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In another words it must be some good ass p*ssy cuz there's already plenty of that in Brazil. It must be something magical for him to go back lmfao.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nice hopefully this guy starts to represent more Ecuadorian players so they end up in the right places. Hope he represents Orejuella too.

22. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Great news for a 16 year old from IDV Mauricio Quinonez joining the reds Liverpool on a trial after impressing them uploadfromtaptalk1468357918871.jpg

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    DAMN WHASSUP FELLAS!!

It's been a while since I posted....life is keeping me too busy ;)

There's way too much to catch up on but I did want to mention the guy that has me excited is Jose Angulo. 21 years old and absolutely killing the Libertadores. Scored a wonder goal against Boca. He has the size, technique, instincts that we haven't seen since El Tin himself. In this day and age, teams salivate for a player like that.

I hope he gets his opportunity but in a mid-table Euro team that will play him and give him the right experience.

24. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hey what's up, how you doing.. i see you joined in 1997.. GOD DAMN! i had no idea this site's been around since the Stone Age! I joined in 2015, so im still fairly new..

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude....where you been???