Ecuatorianos en el exterior -part III

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by ecuafutbolfreak, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Roberto Mina wasn't that bad...when he played in the MLS he was just about 20 years old. He did good enough to get a callup before the WC, but didn't make the final squad. But he was big and powerful with good touch. He did very well with the U-20 national team where he was the starting forward if I remember correctly. Then he got injured a couple of years ago, and basically fell off the radar.

Sometimes talent falls through the cracks for a number of reasons, I think this guy is an example of someone who should at least get a run at some point if he is playing well in the league.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well yeah, the first time I saw Soledispa play was in Copa America 2004 I believe....when Bolillo was still our coach. He was doing pretty well that year with Barcelona but a little after that year he fell off. I think he's playing in Serie B, can't remember which team though. He was an ok player, nothing great either.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Deison Mendez is pretty good but he doesn't get playing time. it's risky calling up someone to our NT who does not get playing time in ESPOLI (lol) and who has never played a Qualifier game/lacks experience...maybe in a friendly game it's ok, but not in qualifier matches. Angel Mena's good but he lacks opportunities in Emelec. He needs to move out of the team along with Bryan Rodriguez to get playing time, they're pretty talented players.

4. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    At this point anything is risky,we didn't qualify to the World Cup and now we have to rebuild a youthfull team for next World Cup qualifiers and Copa America in Argentina.I know we have talented guys out there bu tthey have to be taken into more consideration by the new coach. Depending on the positions we need renovated I doubt that Bryan Rodriguez,Mike Rodriguez,Fernando Guerrero,Luis Bolanos,JOffre Guerron will get the call up because we have too many players alreayd occupying those spots.\But,in defense we need as many guys as possible,I was really looking forward for La Sombra Hurtado hearing the news a few months back that Ajax wanted to purchase him for unknown fee,as well as Deison Mendez who almost was scouted by Inter Milan in '07,but they need more playing time,which is good now because many of the club teams in our league are renovating their squads as well,and giving more space for youth guys.I'm sure this next Copa America will be better for us,although overall we always do disappointing in it,but with some luck and great coaching and players we will suceed.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm pretty sure our midfield isn't going to stay exactly the same for the next qualifiers. lots will stay the same but anything can happen....and whoever the new coach is better know that Ayovi and Mendez are getting old. Now, if the coach is Bauza, you bet he will do whatever he can to help Bolanos and Guerron get back in shape. With players like Arroyo, Matamoros, Juan Paredes, Fernando Guerrero, Luis Bolanos, Michael Quinonez, and Joffre Guerron still in the picture I wouldn't say our midfield isn't going to change. And there's always new players that will come on top of that. Anyway, our midfield is not to worry about much, we have tons of players with quality who can replace those who leave.

Hopefully next year we see Wilson Folleco getting minutes somewhere in the Serie A along with Deison Mendez and Michel Castro (who deserves his opportunity since last year). With Michel Castro, Deison Mendez, Wilson Folleco, Miguel Ibarra, Jairo Campos, and Diego Calderon im sure we can rebuild our defense somehow.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Maybe we can envision Guerron as a forward?

7. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    That's what I've been getting tired of repeating over and over again. Imagine fielding a team with Guerron and Valencia as attacking players. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SPEED.

8. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yea, but still Ecuador needs a target man like El Tin, thats why I asked about Marlon de jesus, but I know he is young and didnt cut it in Argentina or Brazil so maybe he is not the answer...maybe someone knows about his abilities. He has played in the youth squads.

9. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I say screw Bauza or any other coach they should just get Manolo to coach the NT !

10. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He's too expensive. Maybe Pepe_pancho is in our budget. :p

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    MJ "The Gloved One" Quinonez is getting looks from Barcelona, Liga, and Emelec. There's also the possibility that he can go back to Santos in December....we'll stay tuned. I think it'd be best for him to stay in Ecuador and play for Liga.

12. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barcelona, apart from MJ Quinonez, is also looking at Paredes from Cuenca, and is wrapping up the deal for Luis "cocachito" Macias.

Macias is more than already in BSC. It would be awesome to add Paredes and MJQ to the squad.

I think that with Oyola, Encina, and Samudio BSC has more dynamism. And to add Paredes, MJQ, and Macias, BSC would have a very competitive team.

These are rumors, but, I hope atleast one the two goes to BSC, Paredes or MJQ.

13. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Or maybe we can go for the Argentinians.How about Argentine Futbol??We already nationalized him and put him as a replacement for Benitez,and that went great,he might have a decent coaching career just like his compatriot Diego Maradona:eek:

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Here's my starting lineup:

pepe pancho

\^the king^/ --- LDU4ever --- Guayaquileno --- santiago87

Spencer --- Quilotoa --- damnecuadorian --- Cris09

yoryi ---- b9d23m89

b9d23m89 will replace Benitez and be relied upon to score most of the goals (no pressure).

ArgentineFutbol will be the ball boy, responsible for keeping the balls clean and ready to use.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    nice line-up, but I'm best as a left mid...don't pull a Sixto with Ayovi and stick him in the defense :p
    not big enough to be a central defender...

16. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LMAO....Class

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Damn, I don't think me in net will work as I am only like 6feet tall, I might pull off a few Viteris and Moras if I'm in net,I think I will be a bit more reliable on the right wing as a defender.:rolleyes:

18. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me as a defender won't really work... I'm 5-8 athletic, put me on right or left mid and I'm your man for the job.

19. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think Argentine Futbol should get nationalized Ecuadorian and he should be a goalkeeper just like Elizaga and Klimowicz,oh and Lanza(1/2),he could become a hit as our goalkeeper and since he's Argentinian he'll probably get sold to an Italian or Spanish Primera club team right as we speak.This could help our players go overseas!!:rolleyes:

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have a feeling that if Barcelona would take MJ Quinonez, Paredes, and Macias....2/3 of them would under perform and get boo-ed out of there after the first 2 months. And Macias....I put on money that he'll be benched during all 2010 if he plays there. la Hormiga Paredes and MJ Quinonez would damage their careers going there...

21. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so, IF and IF atleast these two go to BSC, they will have encina and oyola to play with, and those two are very good and fast players. Macias, MJQ, Paredes, Oyola, Encina sound like a nice base of offensive players for BSC.

Hopefully Banguera stays at BSC, he has said he wishes to stay, but there are still rumors around that he has had to offers from Quito teams.

About the defense, I for sure want Jefferson Hurtado to stay at BSC, he is a good young defender.

Samudio is good but kinda slow, he has great vision, and great at heading into the net, but we need a Benitez type player, of course with the difference being that he scores.

22. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I guess Ill be The Jose Valencia of your Team.....or i mean NOT Apart of Your Team:rolleyes: hahaha.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who ever is manager....no subs after the 90th minute, please!!!!

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    unless we're winning by 10 goals...