Ecuadorian Coaches.

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by javer, Jul 2, 2016.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I wanted to get your guys opinion about how Aguinaga Is doing in Deportivo Cuenca they were talking about it today and it got me thinking of Ecuadorian Coaches in general. I think some of their biggest strong point and were most of them got success in general is how they relate to the player knowing what its like to grow up in Ecuador and Knowing the mentality Ecuadorian players have. The only foreign Coach I ever seen that understood the mentality that Ecuadorian players have is Edgardo Bauza.

Some of these guys had great runs and did unique work. Some did a lot with a little and it proved mentality can go a long way. We mention it a lot when it comes to the NT. Especially now after Copa America and before hitting big games for Qualifiers. A good confident Ecuador could beat a team like Brazil or Argentina any day. We know this.

Honestly in the future I would like to see more Ecuadorian coaches have more success in general. I remember when Vizuete said that It hard to be a coach in Ecuador they cant go and study in Argentina when the teams have economic problems and cant pay the coaches. We should believe in them more. Some of our team have a lot of debt to foreign coaches.

Aguinaga: He is about to start the segunda etapa again with Deportivo Cuenca. They are doing good so far being in thrid place. I hope they continue to do well for the rest of the season and that he stay with them for a while he never really coached a team for too long I feel like if he does well and stay with Cuenca for a while he could have a really good run with them. I wouldnt mind seeing him coach Liga one day if he does well in Cuenca.

Paul Velez: Someone said it before "Why didnt a team from Seria A pick him up? " He had a great run bringing Liga de Loja to round 16 of Copa Sudamericana some of the players from that team had the best performances of their careers. He is coaching Macara now and they are at the top of the table 13 wins 3 draws and 2 losses. Impressive I would love to see what happens when they return to Seria A.

Sixto Vizuete: We have said it multiple times he brought out some of the best futbol Ecuador has played. I like the way he experimented in the NT. I like what he did at youth level. I think it really messed up what Chiriboga did to him he made him coach the U20 and the NT at the same time. He mad him look really bad when the u20 team did bad and then sacked him. I wish people believed in him more.

Carlos Sevilla: I really dont know to much about him. Ive only noticed him recently when teams pick him up when they are doing bad economically and cant afford a coach. I see him go in to those situations and help teams move up in the tables. He won Seria A with Emelec and Deportivo Quito. He even coached the NT. So he must be a good coach it just messed up that teams do this to him Vizuete is going through this too right now.

damnecuadorian repped this.
  2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Octavio Zambrano is coaching the Canadian soccer team. Pretty big if you ask me he is probably the only Ecuadorian coach with this kind of success outside of Ecuador. He shined in MLS, coached in Europe, Colombia and Ecuador and he is now coaching the Canadian soccer team.
    I honestly didnt think it would go through. Hope he does well will definitely follow the Canadian national team now.

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=106983

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Im Really glad Vizuete is getting this kind of coaching opportunity. I didnt think he would make news again.

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=129818

I was hoping Bolivia would give him a chance. There were rumors before for some teams but they never happened now this came threw for him.

4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Pool Gavilanez, Geovanny Cumbicus & Luis Espinel are are having pretty interesting runs with their teams and every now and then pull great results.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito