Ecuador WCQ Matches vs Colombia and Bolivia

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Luigi408, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Why am I hearing that Mina is starting as lone striker??

He has done nothing for the NT or America that suggests he is ready for such an important game. This will be an AWFUL decision by Rueda.

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we are going to lose.

3. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    1-1 game with us leading playing amazing , and colombia pulling even with an ugly goal

4. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OMG on Teradeportes it says that Guagua is a possible starter and that Rojas and Mina are playing!!! WTF Rojas and Mina are just awful, Rojas will not even net one goal and Mina will just lose the ball everytime he has a touch! What happened to the speed that Guerron has that we very well need??!! Rueda is already making me pessimistic for this game, heck I was pessimistic already even with Guerron and a better line up but this just takes the cake, also does anyone recall that Guagua was the starter against Colombia in Baranquilla when we lost 3-0 in 2005???

5. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rojas has been great so far.

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I like Rojas, we just have better wingers so he's not needed. He's not a forward. Unfortunately Rueda does not watch TV.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not confident in Guerron either. Haven't heard anything of him except for the odd goal. Don't even talk about about a midfield with either Mendez, Castillo and Noboa, talk about slow....

8. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's insane now, Guerron has been in great form lately if Rueda doesn't play him especially against COlombia he's crazy, I doubt Mina will produce any good offense versus a tight Colombian defense. Mina would most likely waste his oppurtunities or get none at all. We need a guy with blasting speed like Guerron upfront who can deek his way in the box and at least cause enough havoc that he'll produce a penalty. Have you seen Guerron's speed and the two penalties against him in one of his last games? He's fast and can definitely carry the ball up and try netting. I'm afraid of our defensive mids, Noboa can be good sometimes, Castillo is usually there to score a the right time but usually not too great and Mendez seems sluggish but also there at the right time so it's hard to say. I'm think I'll be clutching my couch seat watching this game, I hope all our positions are locked in the whole game tomorrow so that we can at least get a tie if not the win. Who knows when we underestimate our players we end up surprising sometimes.

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously. That midfield has to be the slowest in all of South America. Naboa has decent speed but we need more speed and creativeness. In all of sports the one rule is that speed kills. We can't afford so many slow guys so we at least need to get Castillo replaced ASAP! I just think its time to move on from Castillo in the mid. Having Naboa and Mendez is ok but three slow guys in the mid is going to hurt us.

If we don't go with a 4-2-3-1 we are gonna get owned, specially with Guagua. If Rueda is stupid enough to start Guagua, I even hope we lose badly so he can finally see that he shouldn't never be considered on the NT again.

10. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stop trolling! According to some people here, The mexican league is better than the Spanish. Mina got this ;)

11. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Guerron has been in great form? Where do you get this news from? I think we all want to hear this.

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I respectfully disagree on this point, today the midfield needs to be intelligent to break up Colombia's attacks and find Montero and Valencia for fast counterattacks. They need mental speed more than anything.

I am actually fine with the proposed lineup except I dont want to see Mina as the lone striker.

13. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you kidding me? Guerron has netted at least 3 goals in the last five games he played in China, have you seen his speed? We need that offensive speed that can catch a defense off guard, we also need that goal scoring instinct that Guerron has , Mina doesn't even hold 1/3 of Guerron's attributes, I'm almost astonished that after Rueda clearly said he wanted to start Guerron versus COlombia he would pull off some B.s like this if he does start Mina.

14. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Hello Everyone new to this forum!!!

so go easy :p

Anyways, now that we got that out of the way......

Guerron has always been a good player, his only downfall to me at least, was the fact that we wasn't much of a team player. On regards to Mina, he is just as good as any of the other forwards, and he can definitely contribute upfront, he wasn't top scorer for 2 years for nothing.

LETS GO ECUADOR a GANAR!!!!

15. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    so i guess this is the starting lineup

Alineación de Ecuador
    Máximo Banguera (portero)
    Juan Carlos Paredes (derecha)
    Jorge Guagua (central)
    Frickson Erazo (central)
    Walter Ayoví C. (izquierda)
    Segundo Castillo (volante)
    Christian Noboa (volante)
    Antonio Valencia (volante)
    Jefferson Montero (delantero)
    Édison Méndez (volante)
    Joffre Guerrón (delantero)

so what do you guys think?

except for Guagua, I really like this starting lineup

16. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

If this is the line up, my only fear is for the right side of our defensive line, Paredes has been Super Clumsy and in very low form and Guagua makes a tree log look better for that defensive position. Besides that looks ok!

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is the lineup I got right now from twitter:

@futbolecuador: Once confirmado #Ecuador: Banguera; Paredes, Achilier, Erazo y W.Ayoví; Castillo, Noboa, A.Valencia, Méndez y Montero; E.Valencia.

I wish they started Guerron instead of E. Valencia. My guess is that they just want to get him exposure to sell him. He is ok though so we will see.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Don't feed the troll...expect a response about the quality of the Chinese league.

19. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Is it true they're delaying the game 1 hour due to rain? Wtf

20. Dazzle

Dazzle New Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Buena suerte a La Tri from a Brit married to a Guayaquileña.

21. Dazzle

Dazzle New Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
  22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That pitch is a mess.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    just got home someone update me what's happening?

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    if someone has a link to TC from Ecuador send it to me please! I'd appreciate it

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's the real line up. Enner Valencia is the surprise