Ecuador- WC Qualifiers BRAZIL 2014/Eliminatorias

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Sep 7, 2011.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news, but Luis Soler said that Erazo might not get enough playing time in BSC before the Qualifiers games....which makes me believe that his injury is gonna take a little longer than expected to heal. Guess we'll have to wait and see who makes the list later today.

Whatever you do Reinaldo Rueda, USE YOUR DAMN BRAIN. We already know Guagua is on the list without a doubt but PLEASEEEEEE NO CHECA, NO GIOVANNI CAICEDO, NO ELVIS BONE, etc. to replace Erazo and Campos. Jeez, i'm like positive we'll see two of those names at minimum on the list now. I'd like to see Gabriel Corozo, John Narvaez, and Luis Caicedo from Independiente.

2. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You want to see these players go up against Falcao and Jackson Martinez? That's suicide ..lol

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'm pretty sure Rueda doesn't watch the players play for their clubs. :confused:

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it's better than Checa, Bone, Giovanni Caicedo, or Guagua. If it weren't for Morante's injury that screwed him over all last year and Campos' injury right now, these guys wouldn't even come to mind. It's unfortunate situations that got us suffering right now. And yes, i'd rather see young upcoming talent go against Falcao and Martinez instead of old beat up players that never proved their worth in the NT after they were given repeated opportunities.

5. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I warned you once!!! Be careful what you wish for. You wanted Villareal of Spain to F...OFF. You got your wish! They will probably never buy anymore Ecua Footballers again. Instead they are buying Mexican Footballers which have a high rate of failure in Europe. Good Call! Now you want to throw unproven back centrals who have no experience and Have a Hard time covering Malo de Jesus(for the love of God) against world class Forwards. I see a goleada in the future. Colombia is no Joke.

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    John Narvaez from Emelec? LMFAO. Anyone see what that Clown just did against U catolica? First goal all Him. OMG.. HAhaha. You want to put that guy up against falcao and Martinez.?

7. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I personally don't want him on the NT until after the world cup after that stupid play. It's not the first time he does something like that either. He needs to become a little smarter, it wasn't even on Emelec's side of the field lol

8. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Illogical to compare the few Ecuadorians to Mexicans. Most of these mexicans are in Europe because of the $$$$ these teams can make off of the huge Mexican fan base. Look at Chicharito lol and that Peralta guy is probably next. They are all hype and business opportunities tbh. Ecuadorians aren't as appealing. Who knows where Montero would be if he was Mexican. :rolleyes:

9. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If that were the case than I would have Asians, especially Chinese players on my squad. No Worries, Villareal will not squander or screw up anymore Ecuadorian Footballers career.

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just watched the game and what a shame by the Emelec players. Way to make Ecuador look bad. Full of dirty players, no wonder they get red carded all the time. Now for sure Rueda won't call up Narvaez for that stupid thing he did today. What a d**ba*s.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #386 b9d23m89, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    I admit, Narvaez ate sh*t today. I didn't see that one coming because it's not usual for him to commit the mistakes he did today. You win this one, but that still doesn't mean it's ok for Guagua, Checa, Elvis Bone, or God knows who to just come in and do worse than what an inexperienced player like Narvaez would do. But at the same time, it's not like I haven't seen Paredes make the SAME mistakes repeatedly that Narvaez only committed once since i've been seeing him start in Emelec. Right now, it's really up in the air. I think either way no matter what we do we are screwed. Everything seems disastrous for us right now.

It sucks that Rueda didn't include some more defenders in his squad earlier on in the Qualifier. the only new defender that's been taken into account is Gabriel Corozo. I think Rueda should have slowly brought in a few defenders to get them accustomed when the time was right. Last year Roosevelt Oyola had his moment and didn't make it. Cristian Ramirez is having his moment now and is being ignored. I think it's important to include these guys on the list so they can live this experience even if they don't play. That way, we actually do have options and the NT isn't something new or unfamiliar to the younger generation. But that's Rueda's job.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just like Narvaez's flaws are pointed out, I think it's a good idea to point out how well a young defense like Independiente stood out last night against a big south american club team like Universidad de Chile. They performances internationally are good for a team that's never played an international tournament ever. Luis Caicedo, one of the center backs that I have mentioned should be taken into consideration for the NT didn't tremble last night. Mario Pineida, Fernando Leon, Luis Ayala. All Caicedo and Pineida are 21 years old. Fernando Leon is 19 and Ayala i think is 18. Usually every team has an experienced leader in the defense, but Independiente's youth seems mentally prepared for international competition despite their age. No se achican. I'm not saying all these guys should be on the NT, but I think the ones that are most prepared for it are Pineida and Caicedo. Independiente's players are not to be overlooked. I don't think Rueda even knows who Junior Sornoza or Fernando Guerrero are.

Narvaez may have had a horrible game vs. U. Catolica this week, but I think if he's surrounded by Achilier, Erazo, and W. Ayovi he'll be just fine.

There's a reason why Independiente is the new team in the country that feeds the NT the majority of their players at youth levels and there's also a reason as to why they win in every youth division in the past few years. I think Rueda hasn't caught on. The kids that are developed in that club are special. It's no longer El Nacional that's the big guy on campus when it comes to youth development, Independiente is now the king of that and there's probably more to come from them within the next 5-10 years and beyond if they keep up what they're doing. I envy that team, but in a good way.

13. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Go ahead and throw him against full blown Internationals like Falcao and Martinez. Let's see what happens. U De Chile sold all their Players and Calling them a Big south American Club is like calling Liga de Quito a Big Scouth American club right now.. LOL.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    or like calling Boca a big south american club right now

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    YUP!! Go ahead and throw that Back Central to Falcao and Martinez.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Lets keep on topic please.

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man the more I think about it the more I like 4-2-3-1 as someone said in the other topic. With the 3 play wide. I think this would fit our team way better than 4-4-2 at this time. It would also use more middle field players with is our strength right now.

Dominguez

Paredez (or someone better) - Campos - Erazo - Ayovi

Quiñonez ------- Castillo

Valencia ---------------- Martinez (Colon) (Ibarra) -----------Montero

-------- Felipao ------------

I think this would be freaking awesome. Like always the weakest link is our defense, specially now that most of them are injured. I really hope we really try type of play because our team is practically built for it.

One can only dream.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    You missed Noboa ;)

19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol you're right. Replace Quiñonez for Naboa.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think the strongest lineup we could use would have Ibarra on the right and Valencia as right wingback or even in the middle in a 4-3-2-1

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    not a bad idea. actually we have players who can play that system as well based on their characteristics. the 3 guys you got in the middle would be volantes mixtos with two guys behind Caicedo creating plays. Not bad. The idea would be for Saritama, Castillo, and Noboa to play those 3 positions IMO, and most likely the main players you would consider for a substitution are the 3 attackers up front.

Dominguez; ____, Campos, Erazo, Ayovi; Noboa, Castillo, Saritama; Valencia, Montero; Caicedo
    or
    Dominguez; ____, Campos, Erazo, Ayovi; Valencia, Castillo, Noboa; Ibarra, Montero; Caicedo

the 4-4-2 system is going to be tough to use from now on since we don't have Chucho. As much as we may try to improvise certain players, there's not many that NATURALLY can contribute in the same way that Chucho did and provide the same effectiveness. I think the 4-3-2-1 or the 4-2-3-1 (my personal choice) would be more fit based on the players we have.

Like I said before, with a 4-2-3-1 we have many options of players who can play behind Caicedo, although in this case Ibarra would play less into the picture as a starter, but definitely would be a great sub. The good thing is that we can include someone to create the players right behind Caicedo and have a connection with both Valencia and Montero. This is when the Michael Arroyo, Junior Sornoza, Fidel Martinez, Alex Colon, Edison Mendez, and Miller Bolanos names come more into play and there's less improvising involved. Arroyo now plays this role in BSC with Soler. Sornoza and Colon play this position week in and week out. Mendez can play this position naturally and same with Miller- but this kid needs to start getting playing time. And Fidel would be another interesting option there as well.

Dominguez; ____, Campos, Erazo, Ayovi; Castillo, Noboa; Valencia, Arroyo, Montero; Caicedo

Have a player like Mendez come in the second half if it's needed or Fidel Martinez. Then we got players who can play far out like Rojas, Ibarra, Guerron, Guerrero, etc. that are all having great moments in their club teams. To replace the target man up front we got Jaime Ayovi, Marlon De Jesus, Juan Luis Anangono, and Narciso Mina. It's Rueda job to narrow it down to the best according to his needs but we are fit to play with either system more than a 4-4-2 now.

22. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I am honestly scared of every player on our starting back 4. Ayovi is usually ok but I think I saw him playing mid with Pachuca yesterday. Paredes once looked like our right back for years to come but lately his performances haven't been convincing. Don't know what's the latest news on Erazo's injury and I really don't want to see Guagua against Falcao. Especially since we are playing in Colombia. You'd think Achillier is the obvious choice but with Rueda's lineups there's usually a starter or a call up or two we all disagree with.

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Valencia played great at RB yesterday at Man Utd. You have to start considering playing him there on the NT which solves 2 problems - Paredes being a liability on defense, and getting Ibarra experience in big games. I don't think we lose much because Valencia can still make his trademark runs and crosses from a deeper position.

24. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To be honest from what I've seen in teradeportes.com Achilier and a few of the defenders seem to be having an epiphany and finally nailing into their thick skulls not to concede early goals and to keep the defense tighter than ever in this game. I just hope that they keep this promise and tighten the defence up because we can't afford to get rained in on goals, I would honestly love to see Ecuador defeat COlombia 1-0 at least or heck even a tie but I'm truly afraid of a loss. But the COlombians could work to our advantage because in some articles on elcomercio and teradeportes you have guys like Fabian Vargas saying that Colombia is better than Ecuador and thus will more than likely beat them, so hopely if we're lucky they get cocky enough like they do against Venezuela that we beat them :). These games are making the table ever so tighter, I realized that if we lose all our remaining games we could get leap frogged by Peru, Venezuela and Uruguay so we have to be very careful!

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Truth be told, I think we need to have Mendez start the game. It's the only way (in my opinion) to have any chance at controlling the pace of the game to counterbalance Colombia's speedier game. Ball possession is CRUCIAL!!! We just need to hold out for a half where his passes and vision can keep us in the game and provide critical assistance to our offensive pieces. While he might not be as strong on defense, we have guys like Noboa that can work to get the ball back and be more physical. We can use Guerron as a substitute to then run through the final 30 minutes of the game.

Let's also hope that Falcao skips this game to injury. I'd be much more comfortable facing their subs, even if they're high quality- the team just has more swagger when he's on the pitch.