Ecuador vs Venezuela November 17, 2010

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Honestly, I'm still not getting Rueda's subs and tactics.

He subbed out Rojas for Montero. OK that's fine.

Then Arroyo for Ayovi? Then Benitez for Guerrero?

Has he really watched these guys play?

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well these games are like tryout. So they are trying to see who plays great with the national team. We are way ahead might as well keep trying out more players.

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Much better after Montero came in.

4. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    how did he do?

5. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Just got home, bout to check the highlights out !

6. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    and no luck finding any highlights !

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Our midfield needs to start chipping in with goals. It's nice that Chucho is scoring in these games, but would like to see Quiroz, Arroyo, Rojas and some other guys start cementing their place with some goals.

Also, why the heck was Ayovi not in the 2006 squad? Looks like he was in the 2002 team, but was probably too young at that time. The guy could have been a legend all these years, especially with his free kicks and long-range shooting. Glad he's enjoying a good time in his career, but too bad it's come so late for him.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

walter ayovi was ready to get some playing time in the NT during the 06 Qualifer (and he did if im not mistaken, one game i remember where he came in was the game vs Brazil at home and he did pretty good). for some reason he wasn't taken into consideration as much. Don't you remember how people used to HATE Walter Ayovi and thought he sucked? I sure do. I felt like I was one of the few people that liked how he played. Now I NEVER hear anything bad about Ayovi.

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_A75w8qkCk"]YouTube - Ecuador 4 - Venezuela 1. Amistoso Internacional.[/ame]

10. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    The problem with Ayovi was that he was Pecho Frio, he had ALOT of talent, but only played well when he felt like it, kinda like kaviedes.
    That he is in Mexico, he knows they wont tolerate that kind of crap like in Ecuador, so if he Pecho Frio there too he would have a ticket back pretty fast.

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Walter Ayovi is a classic example of a late bloomer. I remember when he was with el nacional and getting time with th NT, and his performnces were at times horendous. I am one of the guys who wished he got ousted from the NT. Then he made his move to Meico and his form has been something else. He has been our ost consistent player or ome time now, him an Noboa. I know Nazareno is considered one of the premierlef backs in th lefue n his future is promising, but he has no chance of taking ayovis;s spot from him.

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Ecuador vs Venezuela November 17 AMISTOSO FIFA

definivante los partidos los ganan los jugadores y los pierden los DT!

13. ECUABIKER

ECUABIKER New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Glendale, Ca.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montero got on my nerves lastnight. So over eager to get on, then had some nice oportunities to be a team player and get an assist. Instead decided to shoot and miss. I can see why he doesnt get much play time at Villarreal.

Apart from that, great win!

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    David quiroz and ayovi have a similar situation. Quiroz was a great player in my eyes since he was 24 playing for el nacional. he's just been inconsistent every season. this has been his best year NT and campeonato wise. he's actually had solid performances consistently. Their maturity is what bloomed late, the talents always been there.

15. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  16. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Well, Ecuador's back to beating Venezuela by more than 3goals again!:) But, I would have wanted their to be at least two more goals scored, but other than that Benitez is becoming impressive he actually scored two easy oppurtunities and slotted them right in! Congrats Benitez maybe he isn't a mamon like we thought he was, I guess we did have to give him time to adjust! As for the Venezuelans I guess now we've gotten our revengeThat means now that the next two matches against you guys won't be a cakewalk for you guys anymore, all good things come to an end right?