Ecuador vs Venezuela November 17, 2010

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Nov 8, 2010.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well the game is like 9 days away so I figured we start talking about it, so far we know It's going to be played in "El Atahualpa" and that Guerron and Montero have been called, anything else?

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I really can't stand these friendlies against direct rivals (yes, Venezuela is now a direct rival).

If we win, we get 0 points, but it raises the expectations to beat them when it counts.

If we lose...well, we lose.

3. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Couldn't agree more. but to be honest I would love if we won this game, what is it now? 4 in a row they've beaten us? we need this win.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron, Montero, and im pretty sure Jairo Campos is part of the list from what i've heard so far.

This is an important game that I think we should take extremely seriously and win. It's been a while since we've had a win against Venezuela and our players have to stop underestimating Venezuela every time we play them and thinking it's a joke. We have to play them as seriously as we played Mexico and Poland.

from what i've seen so far in the campeonato this entire year, i wouldn't make drastic changes to the players we've been regularly calling up this year. Since it's already getting close to the end of the year i think it's fair game to point out which players are the BEST we have in the country. My list goes like this:

Banguera
    Elizaga

Neicer Reasco
    Walter Ayovi
    Giovanni Nazareno
    Juan Paredes
    Eduardo Morante
    Jorge Guagua
    Jefferson Hurtado
    Jairo Campos
    Isaac Mina

Cristian Noboa
    Segundo Castillo
    Luis Fernando Saritama
    David Quiroz
    Pedro Quinonez
    MJ Quinonez
    Michael Arroyo
    Fernando Guerrero
    Joffre Guerron

Cristian Benitez
    Joao Rojas
    Jaime Ayovi
    Marlon De Jesus
    Jeff Montero

AND OF COURSE, you can add Mendez and Valencia the KEY PLAYERS of the NT.

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You got pretty much everyone worthy of a call-up listed in there, However, If Liga advances in La Copa Sudamericana(which seems very possible) will the dates clash?
    Either way I'm thinking Rueda will go with the classic 4-4-2
    Banguera(Elizaga)
    Reasco---------Campos----------------------Morantes------Walter----

Joffre-----------Noboa------------------------Quiroz-------Arroyo---
    --------------------------------Montero------------------------
    -------------------------------Chucho-------------------------
    seems like a fast team solid in the back, good ball-controllers.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Ecuador vs Venezuela November 17 AMISTOSO FIFA

cuando empiezan las finales de clubes en la serie A de ecuador?

eso puede interferir en los llamados y relacion de club/seleccionador?

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Ecuador vs Venezuela November 17 AMISTOSO FIFA

still like 4 weeks or so left. the majority of teams have all played 19 games with the exception of liga whos played 18 and emelec, d.quito, and independiente who have played 17...this means most teams have 3 games left and the last three i mentioned have 5, but will most likely play 2 in one week to catch up soon.

8. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Morantes doesn't start, I swear to god, I'm running on the field and choking the shit out of Rueda, I'll smack the arepa right out of him :D

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol thats what im saying...

I think it needs to be a combinatino of Guagua-Morante, Guagua-Mina, or Mina-Morante. They're the best we have. We'll have to wait for Jairo Campos and Jefferson Hurtado, they're making me quite impatient.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've read that Monterrey will officially ask FEF not to call Walter Ayovi since they will be playing the Mexican playoffs, this means Santos and San Luis might do the same. I guess Nazareno, Montero and Rojas in the satrting line up if this is the case?

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Joffre Guerron might not be coming either b/c Atletico Paranaense needs him for some game this sunday. I guess the only guy from Brazil that will come is Jairo Campos.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Paranaense is going to to request that Guerron play the game they have cheduled for Sunday. After that tho he can join the rest of the team in Quito. In all likelihood Ayovi, Benitez, and Arroyo will not be called up. as somebody already mentioned the players that will most likely take their spots are Nazareno, Montero, and Rojas. But you never know with Rueda and his bogus experimentation...he might put a right back as a left winger jajaja

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda makes the most unpredictable line-ups. Whatever the media posts as the line-up for a game is always wrong, you never know what that guys gonna do. In our right minds, it would make sense to replace them all with Nazareno, Montero, and Rojas but who knows. I wonder if he'll call anyone else up. I'd give Holger Matamoros a shot.

14. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Either way this is a game that the NT should try to win no matter what, we don't want Venezuela's streak against us any longer.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    when i was watching the Emelec vs Quito game earlier they said the list comes out Thursday. If Liga qualifies to the semi's obviously, Liga players won't play this game. meaning no Reasco and no Guagua either.

i'd love to see an Isaac Mina-Eduardo Morante center back pair. They're both having really solid games.

16. Faber630

Faber630 New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I like to think Rueda is still testing players in the back. So maybe this time he'll have Morante and sombrita Hurtado there. I'd like to see how they do in the national team. Mina has been solid too but I wanna see what other options we have.

17. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope J Guerrón does not play for this game. The "Dinamita" has gotten wet. He is no longer the player that shined in LDU Q. Other players at this moment could perform better at the position that J Guerrón is required to do so.

18. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, the game has been moved to Ibarra which has a horrible field, Montero might be injured, Noboa is not coming, the players from Mexico league might no be coming, players from Liga can't play, so what do we have?:(

19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Venezuela is in our Copa America group now. This game would have been great practice, except we're not bringing our best talent to the table.

We may lose to Brazil and Paraguay, but for the love of Christ I hope we don't lose to Venezuela and go 0 for 3 again.

20. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Los 18 de Rueda

Arqueros:

Marcelo Elizaga (Emelec)
    Máximo Banguera (Barcelona)
    Adrián Bone (Espoli)

Defensores:
    Isaac Mina (Deportivo Quito)
    Luis Checa (Deportivo Quito)
    Jairo Campos (Atlético Mineiro de Brasil)
    Giovanni Caicedo (Deportivo Quito)

Mediocampistas:

Juan Carlos Paredes (Deportivo Quito)
    David Quiroz (Emelec)
    Segundo Castillo (Deportivo Quito)
    Jefferson Montero (Villarreal de España)
    Michael Arroyo (San Luis de México)
    Luis Fernando Saritama (Deportivo Quito)
    Fernando Guerrero (Independiente del Valle)
    Walter Ayoví (Monterrey de México)

Delanteros:
    Jaime Ayovi (Emelec)
    Joao Rojas (Emelec)
    Christian Benítez (Santos Laguna de México)
    (DEO)

21. Faber630

Faber630 New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Where's Morante??? Guerron?? And Felipao?? /....
    Well.. From what we have. This could be a probable line up.

-------------Banguera-------------
    Paredes--Campos--Mina--Walter Ayovi
    --------------Castillo---------------
    -------------------Quiroz------------
    ---Montero------------------Arroyo-------
    ----------Benitez------------------------
    ---------------Jaime Ayovi----------

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just came across the list right now b/c i was busy yesterday and haven't checked up on the news...but SERIOUSLY RUEDA, no Morante? ARE YOU F*CKIN WITH ME?? How the hell is Giovanni Caicedo on the list when he doesn't even have a team anymore. For those who don't know, he got the boot off Quito and hasn't played regularly the past month and some. But SOMEHOW he's on the list when Eduardo Morante has been kickin ass. Where's Giovanni Nazareno? the best left back in the league

On top of that, no Guerron, who played an excellent game against Poland and whos actually available to play this game without a problem (unlike Benitez, Arroyo, and Walter Ayovi who don't necessarily get the thumbs up from their club teams for this game). The only excuse I can find these absences are 1. Rueda's an idiot or 2. he wanted to get Castillo some playing time and test out Guerrero and is already convinced of Guerron and doesn't need to see more of him...kind of the same reason why Noboa isn't on the list, and b/c Russia's far

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Banguera; Paredes, Campos, Mina, W.Ayovi; F.Guerrero, Castillo, Saritama, J.Montero; Benitez, J.Ayovi

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    seriously it bothers me that we're playing 2 games back to back with them now, and THEN playing the Copa America in the same group. Not good for us to give the rival the heads up a year away from Qualifiers with 3 games, unless we win the next 2. I know Venezuela is gonna be the hardest to defeat in the group.

25. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    W. Ayovi, Arroyo, and Benitez will get suddenly injured in practice. Serious enough to keep them out of this match, but not their next league games.