Ecuador vs Uruguay 11 de Octubre 2013, 17:00, Eliminatorias.

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah Caicedo needs to go back to Europe as soon as possible. He was the worse player in the pitch IMO. He had nice opportunities to at least slide and try to score from Valencia's passes.

It feels good to win even when the ref robbed us from a goal.

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    After this game do you guys think Paredes and Erazo will finally go to teams outside of Ecuador?

3. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hard fought win. nail biting game lol, the one thing that I liked the most was the mental state and intensity from our players, not for a moment it felt as if Uruguay wanted this win more than us. we might have had 6 players that were there in that 2009 loss but this team is more mature. for some reason I feel as if as long as they dont score on us the first 10-15 minutes we'll be ok.

4. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm happy for the much needed win, however I am worried about the game vs CHile, They're offensive monsters and our boys get too confident they will suffer the consequences. I really hope CHile doesn't thrash us 6-0 on Tuesday, we all saw the damage they inflicted on poor defensive skills from Colombia in a matter of 15 minutes, with our terrible defending at times it would be a crime to do this with a team with such lethal scoring ability. I'm scared of us losing more than 2goals and then going to el repchaje instead of Uruguay. I think that Ecuador should go out there and try scoring but nevertheless tie if anything gets out of hand for them. Anyone agree?

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude, I know Chile is on a hot streak, but come on losing 6-0? as far as I remember 4 years ago with Bielsa we gave them a pretty good match. we arent as bad as you think we are, the last 2 times we played them we won 3-1, and about todays game, if that game would have lasted 10 more minutes, Colombia would have won it, now, I'm not guaranteeing a victory, but we wont lose 6-0

6. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Haha dude stop drinking.really 6-0 ,i had chile for the win 2-1 and im not a so called expert.to me chile is one notch above colombia imo ,how they managed to f up is beyond me,but who cares we got momentum and our luck finally changed even if the f ck wads at conmebol tried their dirty hand again ,not allowing the legitimate goal by rojas.by the way i caught the last half at legends in nyc and im feeling nice.but what did i tell you,we were going to bring it and we did ******** yeah.Brazil here we come..si se pudo chucha.

7. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  8. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    On another note ,I feel for Rueda,did you guys see him,guy looked so stressed out ,just goes to show that we re just human and being a dt has got to be one the most stressful jobs out there.I got to give it up to him,but fidel needs to come in next game.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm hearing that Caicedo is in need of surgery for the injury he has. Not surprised. He's been holding it in just to play Qualifiers and not miss these games for months now. I applaud him, es un guerrero. Thanks Felipe! even though he wasn't influential to the team in these last few games of the Qualifier. He'll be back 100% by the time the WC begins and so will all the rest of our guys, i don't doubt it one bit.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is how I saw it.

Dominguez: for lack of better words....este man esta dando papaya, Uruguay smelled blood, bad game against Bolivia, bad game today, I dont want to turn this to a Banguera/Dominguez argument but we all must admit that our goalies are probabably in the 3 weakest group in this WCQ. 6/10

Paredez: He erased Cavani today, he found that balance between defense and offense, imo Enner Valenica was a huge help to Paredez and Valencia. Enner by nature leans into the right side this gives Paredez and Tono a third option for a pass kinda like the triangles Bolillo loved so much. overall solid game, this guy ran nonstop 9/10

Guagua: Heading is his strong point and that came through for him today, he was late and caught off position a few times but he made up with bodying Suarez out and heading those crosses out. 7.5/10

Erazo: Excellent game, his positioning was flawless, him and Walter are in such good sync, I just dont understand why this seems to happen only at el Atahualpa. 9/10

Walter: I have made it known, this guy is one of my favorites. ran today as if he was a 24 year old kid, helped Montero so much and whenever Jimenez tried to join the attack through the wing, Walter schooled him 8.5/10

Antonio Valencia: the addition of Enner gives him more room, he's gotten smarter, knows Caicedo isnt a strong header so he's doing those bullet ground crosses. the goal is technically his. I'm just so happy the way hes been playing lately.keep in mind, hes better with Enner Valencia on the line up. 8/10

Noboa: imo the best player on the field today, didnt abuse of his long passes to Montero today, had an epic duel with Arevalo Rios. he was a defensive mid/ creative mid today. we all saw it he was great 10/10

11. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You have a point but damn, CHile seemed to that with such ease, I'm just worried that Guagua or Paredes ******** up, leave a huge gap and allow basically a highway for ALexis Sanchez and co to score.Btw is it me or are we all traumatized by the Vizuete era because I was honestly thinking towards the end the game that Uruguay was going to tie the game up. How well did the team really play though I just kept refreshing teraportes is page and tuning in ehre to find out if we were playing good or being dominated.

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    By the way locos what the hell arenyoundoing posting in the losers thread,we are in third place ,so stop going to the whiners thread,did'nt i tell you to drink some red WINE after our win.stop it ,we've got no business there. Yo Lucho,savor the win and stop with the negative bs,have a pilsener and enjoy the weekend.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that'd be nice if they could, but i don't think this game vs. uruguay determined that at all for them. they'll get their chance out there though.

As far as the game, I want to write my ideas on it but i only got to see the second half. From what I was told Enner Valencia was the best on the field along with Antonio. Specifically in the first half. From what I saw in the second half i'd say every single player was on GAME mode. Paredes did really well. I felt like I was watching the 2012 Paredes. Guagua had a good game as well...the defense in general. Castillo and Noboa were beasting on the recovery. The only player I saw that was out of touch in the game was Caicedo, but that's understandable. I think he has to go through with surgery to get back to top shape. He'll be back though i don't doubt it.

Besides that all I have to say is THANK YOU to all our squad and every player that participated in today's win (both in and off the pitch). These guys went through a lot of rough times this Qualifier, but when it most mattered (today), they came through and proved that they aren't a team to mess with. This team couldn't have possibly gone through so many bad things at the same time- injuries of Campos and Morante, Yoya's injury when he was consolidating himself on the team w/ Chucho up front, the declining performance of important BSC and Emelec players such as Paredes and Erazo and Achilier, Chucho's death, the horrible reffing in many games that cost us points, etc. All these bad things seemed to happen one after the other or at the same time, but this team managed to overcome all of it which is why they deserve a huge applause for getting through it all and not folding when we most needed them. And what's most admirable about these guys is that for many of them, it was their first time ever going through this experience and they were able to manage it well. As much as we may have complained about the defense....did you guys know that we are the third best defense in the Qualifiers? even with all those injures and declining performances we had? Colombia and Argentina are both equally the best defenses with 12 goals against them. We are third, with 14 scored against us. The point I want to make is that when this team gets 100% back on track, we'll be great. Really great. The only gap left missing in this squad/starting team is Chucho's and we'll have to find the best and most ideal option to play next to Caicedo. I'm going to watch the game and see how Enner did, but I was really surprised to hear about how well he played up front. Guess we'll have to see what happens...

At the end of the day, ESTO VA PARA TI CHUCHO#11! Crazy how life is....we Qualified on the 11th of October. Same number Chucho used to wear. That's something memorable for this Qualifier.

cabezamagica repped this.
  14. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What do you mean Dominguez was bad? I swear he made some vital saves today from what I saw on fifas website live during the game, and if we're in the weakest three who are the other two? If anything I would say Dominguez has been more solid and consistent than Claudio Bravo and Fernando Muslera these whole qualifiers.

15. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't know if we can consider ourselves qualified yet, we still have to tie at least in Santiago to avoid el repchaje if it were the situation that Uruguay beat Argentina on Tuesday.

16. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is anyone else just as pissed off as me that Venezuela didn't qualify? It bothers me because they always seem to play like champs only to fail in the last few qualifiers and fall short of qualifying to the world cup, I think they deserved better, I fail to understand how a team with so much talent couldn't seal the deal, in my opinion they have way better offense than us and they more complete in general than us. Awe man I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the Venezuelan fans always coming so close to qualifying having their hopes up only to have them smashed by losing points on their last few games. Oh how I wish 7 South American teams could be allowed to qualfy instead of 4 direct and 5th repechaje. I think our COnfederation deserve based on how competitive we are. Europe should be stripped of so many slots based on how much of a cakewalk their groups are. I swear the group of death over in European qualifying is Spain, Faroe Islands, Andorra, Belgium and LIthuania....should I say more?

17. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    No way! LOL at worst we will tie 1-1

[​IMG]

18. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  19. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #119 viagoal, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'm not sure where this myth got started about our defense and keepers being so bad. I personally think Dominguez was fantastic yesterday, he's very calm and his positioning is great which means he doesn't have to dive all over the place. The Suarez free kick in the first half would have been a goal against many keepers, he's scored those in the EPL. Basically yesterday we shut down 2 of the most deadly strikers in the world yesterday. Did you guys see Cavani chasing after Paredes to exchange shirts after the game? I must say the Uruguayans kept it classy for the first time.

Also myth #2 about Enner Valencia, I'm sorry but I have higher expectations for that role. I will rewatch the game, but all I remember from him was one decent shot from long distance that went over the crossbar. Sure he didn't do anything awful, and he ran around, but he posed no goal threat, created nothing, and didn't do his most important task which was bring Caicedo into the game. Joao came in and did exactly that, he linked up with the wingers, dribbled well, opened up the Uruguayan defense and he scored a legitimate goal.

This team is consolidated except for the forward line, hopefully the time between now and the WC we can try out some formulas to replace Chucho and get more goalscoring threat. We can't rely on Montero and Valencia to both create and score all the time, we need forwards being opportunistic in the box.

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about Tuesday, not only is it important to keep concentration, but I get worried about Argentina putting out their B-team and letting Suarez and Cavani run riot. It would be completely dishonorable and outrageous, but Argentina have nothing to play for and the worst Uruguay can do is end up in repechaje so they don't need to defend, they just have to try and score as many goals as possible and hope we lose.

21. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Uruguay would have to win like 3-0 and we would have to lose 4-0 or vice versa, Chile is in , and we are in. I think tuesday ends up in a tie. We both dont need to risk anything . tie gives us both 26 points. Uruguay coould beat Argentina 100-0 and it wouldn't matter then .

22. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    From what I've seen, Cavani seems like he is a class act. Much better than Suarez lol I was also impressed at how Erazo completely shutdown Suarez. Erazo was constantly on Suarez which helped out a lot.

I was listening to an Ecuadorian radio station talk about how Ecuador is organizing a couple friendly games in the US. They said something about a "cuadrangular" which got me a bit curious because I was also watching T y C (Argentine soccer channel) the other day and they mentioned Argentina being involved in some friendlies at the MetLife stadium. I guess there will be more on that later but these could be some really interesting friendlies coming up for Ecuador!

23. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ya I agree Cavani and some of the other guys seem like caballeros trying to swap shirts with our guys, I'm not too fond of Suarez though that guy seems like the epitone of unfair play and lack of sportsmanship. Als, what are your thoughts on the game versusCHile, you think we can pull out with a tie at least?

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah. The game vs. Uruguay was very clean and entertaining. I think we earned major respect from them for how we played.

Another impressive stat is that we played a clean game. We got no yellows! I don't remember last time we played such a smart and clean game.

Also if a call didn't go our way, the players didn't protest. They just kept playing until the whistle. They didn't want to be caught off guard.

Small details like this is what makes or breaks us. I think Valencia's experience has come to help us. Him as a captain probably is more outspoken now and is helping the team.

As for Ener. He did good yesterday at recovering the ball. This is the role he excelled at yesterday. The problem is that when we need to score badly Ener will not be a factor at all.
    Why? Because he has no presence in the box. To have more presence in the box we need another forward like Yoya or a player that can actually score like Martinez. They would be better suited at creating more chances for goal other than just Valencia and Montero.

For Chile we are going to need to hold the ball better and create goals. That is why I think Martinez would be best. He is the best out of the front line to hold the ball and create nice chances for goals.

25. ECUA_GL

ECUA_GL New Member

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Does anyone know where I can catch a replay of the game? I would like to watch it again. Thanks.