Ecuador vs. Peru friendly - March 29, 2011

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Luigi408, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I wonder what's gonna happen when we go to seattle to play mexico , in a sold out qwest field full of green (mexican green) smh !

2. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    ARGIE 'S lineup is right on the money ! I'd prefer Banguera though

3. ECUABIKER

ECUABIKER New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Glendale, Ca.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we cant always count on those forwards, especially Caicedo. Ya que se lesiona por lo que le sopla un mosco.

4. julinho97

julinho97 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Lima, Peru
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    amigos Ecuatorianos dejen de subestimar a Peru y recuerden que antes de los 90 Peru sin despeinarse le ganaba a Ecuador.
    Espero que mejoren por que este Ecuador ya no mete miedo. Nosotros estabamos con el tercer arquero y con el equipo B atras. Nos vemos en las eliminatorias. a este Peru de Markarian ya nadie le va a meter ni 4 ni 5...

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The only change I have in that lineup is Arroyo instead of Montero. Don't get me wrong, I love Montero, but he's still raw and remember, he's still never played first-team football regularly.

Depending on the opponent, I could even see Guerron on the right wing and Caicedo up top alone, with Valencia coming more centrally. I also liked what I saw from Montano today, he needs more minutes.

The concerns are central midfield and the fullbacks. Ayovi and Reasco I'm pretty sure would be the oldest set of fullbacks in CONMEBOL. And in central midfield, Noboa and Castillo are great ball-winners, but neither goes very far up the field. We would be playing a very wide formation, and Benitez would be the focal point. Of course, he wasn't called up :rolleyes:.

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If you wanna talk about fielding a b team then the argument is ridiculous. Ecuador didnt play not only without the best Ecuadorean player of his generation but one of the top South Americans playing abroad. We didn't play with Benitez who has torn up the mexican league-for what its worth- and also without Caicedo, tied for ninth for goals scored in La Liga. Not making excuses for the teams performance, let me make that clear, with a coach who knew anything about out players or our futbol, we would've won. But would've doesnt take you anywhere in life. Gongrats for tieing us in meaningless friendly.

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    isnt benitez injured?

8. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    yeah I thought that's why he didn't get called up ? (benitez)

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Winning the Copa America?! Our golden age is over. Rueda's goal is not to win the Copa America, but to not lose all three games. If we lose against Brazil and Paraguay, and tie Venezuela, then Rueda will consider it a success. The sad part is that it would actually be a better performance than our past two Copa Americas, and FEF will probably give him a raise and a contract extension. :mad:

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Go. Away.

11. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    oh man i didnt think about it that way. were screwed, all we can do is endure the tough times.

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Actions speak louder than words. Use your moderator powers!! ;)

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

that's my line up with one exception. I'd have Morante instead of Guagua. And I still find it so damn ridiculous that Eduardo Morante has not received a call up.

lol I find it hilarious how you think Castillo should be in Europe still. he only proved he could make it in Serbia and failed like some shit in the EPL. If anything he's one of the worst I've seen in the mid as of late. All thats saving his ass is that experience he has on his back playing with Valencia and Noboa. That's the only reason I'd look back to consider him lately.

I have still not seen the game we played vs Peru which I heard is the worst of all the games we have played in the Rueda era. I hope I don't break my Tv by the time I'm done watching it later on tonight.

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Not that I care, or it matters...but the Peruvians are claiming to have sent a "B" team. But the starting lineup included Pizarro, Guerrero, Vilchez, Vargas and Acasiete. Those are their "A" starters. Farfan is the only big name I can think was left out.

Looking at the squad we put out today, I'd say only Noboa and Walter Ayovi are starting in the Copa America for sure. Possibly Banguera and Guagua. Maybe Montero. In fairness, practically all of our key attacking players were not included. Whether that's because Rueda is giving them a break, or doesn't have them in his plans, is the question.

15. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I find it even more hilarious that you didn't give any alternative for that position. In your undying futbol wisdom, who at this moment is better? Castillo is a rock, strong and has one hell of a canon. Plus he has experience. oh he failed at some shit EPL club like Felipe Caicedo and Christian benitez and Ivan kaviedes and Tin Delgado and kleber Chala and Giovanny espinoza... Castillo failed in the EPL, not because he was a bad player. It was because he was too damn slow for the EPL. Castillo can easily play in Spain, holland and even Italy. By the way didn't that shit club that castillo play for beat Man U a few weeks back? Segundo castillo wasn't lucky enough to be owned by manchester City like Felipe Caicdeo. If it wasn't for that. Felipe would be playing for independiente.......Del Valle ofcourse.. Name someone better.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He didn't say anything offensive. Mods shouldn't stop people from just being goofy.

;)

17. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Lol we are not 'claiming' anything. We had some starters missing, namely Butron (USMP), Rodriguez (Sporting Braga), Zambrano (St Pauli), Ballon (River Plate), Ramirez (Corinthians), Farfan (Shalke 04). That's 6 out of 11. We are still very happy, though, with the fact that we equalled when we played over an hour with 10 men and still created chances. If it had been 11 vs 11....

Anyways good luck for the future.

18. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

19. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
    This guy Rueda is a F_ING joke!! He was talking to media about the God awful game Ecuador today against Peru and he was quoted as saying
    "no ver tanto el resultado sino el comportamiento de las dos selecciones"

Really?!?!?!? WELL BOTH SUCKED, THE RESULT AND OUR BEHAVIOR.

Rueda has to leave

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ive heard coaches say "el resultado es a segundo plano" but to say what Rueda said has no name. He just disgusts me. How are we all sitting down watching all this happen with a great generation of players?

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What did he say?

22. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
  23. julinho97

julinho97 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Lima, Peru
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

tranquilos. no se ofendan jaja...

24. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If anything RESULTS is what should come first. Last qualifiers we were playing well but because of our RESULTS we ended up not making the World Cup. This guy is clueless!!

But now let's say Rueda gets fired and we hire a replacement. We would have to pay 2 coaches when we could've hired 1 great coach! Not to mention how much time and friendlies we have wasted. So Rueda would not only been a waste of money for Chiriboga but a waste of time as well!:eek:

25. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really like this lineup. I just wish Castillo was a little faster with a little better ball control. What about Mendez in some role?

I didn't see the game today but I don't like rued as strategy or style. Not only
    that our players are not good for his system. We need to attack more.