Ecuador vs Peru friendly in Spain, Dec 21

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Dec 10, 2009.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is progress. Non-progress would be what we did on the last FIFA date, when all the other countries were playing friendlies: nothing.

It's even more encouraging to see new names. The squad is entirely Ecuador-based (except for one), so it'll be good to see how well they can play together and who shows promise as good NT material.

Plus, as we all know, FEF needs money. You may call it a "crass money making scheme", but it's good for the federation, and it's something they've been doing since 1988.

2. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You're right... because how well these kids do against Peru's "c" team with a coach that isn't going to be around is really going to help in the run-up to 2014...

When we COULD have our coach in place playing meaningful friendlies against WC-bound teams who actually might try out their regular players, or at least fringe "a/b" players.

Not this.

Unless this money goes to help the seleccion, by maybe hiring a competent DT, then i'm just going to assume its lining someones pockets.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    what we need is a new federacion president.

i already sent a letter asking the tough questions. i urge all the posters to do the same on ecuafutbol.org

4. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who the hell would waste their friendly to play Ecuador's "B" team. I think that is less progression for the team who's going to the world cup. If Ecuador brought out their "A" team that would be a different story but at the end of the day they are the ones who need a challenge more than us. This is what happens when you don't make a World Cup.:eek:

5. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So... Ecuador is forced to use the "b" team because we didn't qualify? Is that what you're saying?

Gee shucks.. we COULD be testing out new players with our "a" squad and a new coach if only we'd qualified for the world cup... oh.. wait.

Nothing is stopping us from doing that now.

Listen, I admire your guys buoyant unbreakable optimism, but optimism doesn't win qualifiers.

Having a team with a good coach and a plan does.

Misguided optimism leaves us with a collection of talented players who go nowhere because they can't play as a team.

I for one don't want to spend another 10 years watching 'Aguinaga' not qualify for anything.

6. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Where else would the money go but to help the seleccion? If you think the proceeds from any friendly match just go to someone's pockets, then it doesn't
    matter whether it's our C-team vs Bhutan or our A-team vs Italy.

I agree that we could be doing something better, but for the time being:

(1) It's better than nothing.
    (2) It'll generate revenue which we could use to hire a good coach.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    for 2 I'd rephrase it to "generate revenue to line chiriboga's pockets"

8. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it SHOULD generate money to hire a new coach, but thats useless if Chiriboga won't even spend it on anything other than his fat self. How many matches has Ecuador played against Peru in Spain or against Colombia in NY? I mean come on..and Chiriboga can't even offer a decent salary for a top coach like Bauza? If Chiriboga isn't leaving anytime soon then the best thing that can happen to the FEF is that they hire a coach that has the confidence to stand up against Chiriboga. Its obvious that Chiriboga has favoritism for certain players. The teams will probably tie 0-0. Calderon is YET to receive a call-up..

9. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You must be young. Jack Warner. Joao Havelange. Chuck Blazer. Sepp Blatter.

They're all in it for the good of the game right?

While you're googling those names... google Cameroon and Nigeria's football associations. Their leaders pocket so much cash their players don't even get paid.

Oh but it DOES matter. See... we might be better prepared for the next WC cycle w/ A vs. Italy.

But C vs. Bhutan gets us nothing.

If.. either way our leaders are lining their pockets (which they are, its what leaders do), then i'll take the leader who sees the value in SUCCESS and prepares us for it while he lines his pockets.

(1) No. It IS nothing.
    (2) COULD use to hire a good coach... COULD. Not WILL. If the FEF doesn't get on the ball quickly we'll be back losing our opening qualifier to Venezuela in no time.. mark my words.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    apparently Fossati is worried about security of living in Quito...his car was robbed once and a bullet flew threw his window. It spooked the family a while ago and the security concerns have him a bit irked. Although I'd argue Brazil is more dangerous at the moment so Porto Alegre wouldn't be that smart, but he's got an offer at Penarol too.

11. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Porto Alegre (anything south of Curitiba, i'd say) isn't as bad as Sao Paolo or Rio... that being said.. its still not exactly a step up from Quito.

It ain't exactly Mayberry.

Its not JUST about hiring a coach though... we need to get our "a" players and introduce the younger ones into the top squad... not send them all out by themselves with only Hurtado as captain.

And we need to do so against quality opponents.

In my mind there are 32 teams we need to be playing against right now, the ones whose players need to convince the coach they deserve a roster spot for the WC.

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Look I'm not arguing in defense of Chiriboga. I want him out as well and I know we should have hired a new coach a while back.

The Ecuadorian league has progressed immensely these past few years. The convocatoria for this match is full of players from Liga, Emelec, Quito, and Cuenca. They're all players that show great promise but many of them haven't played together. It'll be good to see how well they can work as a team, how well they'll mesh. Italy's A-team won't play this makeshift squad.

Should we use our A-team to play one of the 32 qualified countries? What good does that buy us if we don't have a new coach? We'll just repeat the same exact mistakes. Once we get a new coach, then we can talk about better opponents. But for the time being, trying out new players is a GOOD thing.

13. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

actually Liga has only one guy the goalkeeper... and Barcelona 2 being goalkeeper and Hidalgo... Catolica with Ibarra... these are the least represented teams....

It full of dep quito, cuenca, emelec... which shouldn't surprise.. as it goes with the trend of who are the top teams this past season.

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You're right. Plus two from El Nacional.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chiriiboga and the FEF made this squad list...Vizuete was given the boot after the Qualifier, he's just there as a pawn.

Anyways, I'll give out my starting 11:

Dominguez; Ibarra, Hurtado, Guagua, Aguirre; Arroyo, Ramos, J.L. Quinonez, M.J. Quinonez, Matamoros; Preciado

2nd half:
    Banguera; Ibarra, Hurtado, Mina, Aguirre; Paredes, Ramos, J.L. Quinonez, M.J. Quinonez; Rojas, Preciado

16. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    that SOB Chiriboga is biased,he only picked Dep.Quito players because he has his preferences,wouldn't surprise me that the FEF fixed the campeonato so los chullas could win.Damn, I'm furiuos right now,all the bad decisions are happening because their telling us that Chiriboga has to leave.

Just like Luis Fernando Suarez had to get the boot,so does Chiriboga after a series of stupid mistakes.Dammit,but coaches????I just want to know who is going to be the next set of candidates,and when will they be picked,the FEF cannot set back,and pick their assess any longer they have to pick a coach before the next set of coaches get a fancy contract that appeals to them.

This is so frustrating, if only the people could pick who they think would be the best coach,our team would make way better decisions and avoid stupid mistakes like Chirbogas!

17. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    I agree with you on the fact that L.Chiriboga's cycle as the president of the FEF is over and he needs to leave now. As far as the callup for this game why wouldnt it not make sense that there are a significant amount of players from D.Quito in the team. D.Quito is the best team in Ecuador (2 years running now) and those players have been playing well the whole year.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    not la Cuchara Caicedo or Oswaldo Minda (who IMO is overrated)...

Ivan Hurtado should be there as a guide, atleast for now...not for the Qualifier.

Instead of la Cuchara Caicedo, why not Michel Castro?? stupid mistake by CHIRIBOGA

Fernando Hidalgo should not even be someone to consider...he's an amatuer and a joke. Saritama deserves ten TIMES MORE to be there over him...idk what people see in Hidalgo. Like most others, I don't see a THING in that kid.

19. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I haven't seen anything from that caicedo kid,so for the most part I can't say anything about him,as for Oswaldo Minda I haven't paid much attention to him either,but I think that guys like Pedro Larrea or Miller Bolanos or el Mago Salas deserved the call up...we can't forget that alot of these kids from Liga are shining right now.....Saritama is on my list as well,he hasn't been called up since the 2006 world cup,and I agree he should be on the list over guys like Hidalgo who don't
    show progress.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    liga players were exempted this time because of the rigorous schedule they had this year...the FEF gave em a break.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    la Cuchara Caicedo is not a kid...he's an old grown man and he sucks. Oswaldo Minda=overrated. Liga players were exempted...Miller Bolanos is injured for 2 months. Salas WOULD DEFINITELY have been on the list IMO if Liga players weren't exempted. Saritama actually has been on the squad list this past Qualifiers a few times, but never played one game. The problem with Saritama is that every time he'd join the NT, he'd get injured...and D.Quito would get pissed as f*ck at our NT b/c Saritama would always return injured. So they just stopped calling him up...even when he had an excellent season last year...wayyyy better than Hidalgo's sorry ass

22. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Recently I've seen some shitty call-ups including Hidalgo,I'm actually surprised that Fleitas wasn't included like usually,that guy was friggin 36 and from Uruguay!:D. And wow I actually thought la cuchara caicedo was the u-20 guy,damn,I looked him up and he's 28 :confused:.I think that the FEf should have just called up all the U-20 guys to test them out,including the ones that weren't in the u-20 seleccion...like Estupinan. I'm tired of the same old crappy call ups all the time,I wish I could send them a letter to include all the guys I mention and that they would listen.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well it would be a plus for them to call up players like Michel Castro, Deison Mendez, Wilson Folleco, Victor Estupinan, and Marcos Caicedo...but honestly, they gotta prove themselves. And we'll really be seeing just about all of them probably having their best year yet next season. I predict Marcos Caicedo is going to be the "revelacion/mejor jugador juvenil" for next years campeonato. What Marcos Caicedo did in the Liguilla was crazy for a player who was benched almost all year and whos bearly just turn 18.

I wanna see Wilson Folleco get a team asap...and as far as Michel Castro and Deison Mendez, I'm sure they'll be playing a TON more next season. I have high hopes for Estupinan next season as well, but if the number of forwards in Liga gets overcrowded it won't look good for him.

I'm pretty excited to see the reinforcements for each team next season...

24. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think that next season El Nacional will rise once again, I have a feeling that they can actually succeed under Jorge Luis Pinto,and with a few good reinforcements next season they could win la liguilla.What could I say I'm a nacionalista as well as a liguista..but I hate deportivo chikito!!!!I dislike them with their match fixing schemes,and I'm not very fond of their team.But, yea I think El nacho will be the revelation if guys like Miguel Ibarra and Estupinan get transferred there.

25. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    Cuchara may be old but he was part of the team that did not allow a single goal in the whole playoff (almost 2 months). If you had watched any of D.Quito's games you would have seen that O.Minda had been playing better than Saritama right up until the final when he mistankely got ejected. As far as F.Salas why would they call up a guy that gets 15 minutes at most of playing time in his team in the Serie A and that hasnt done anything for as long as I can remember , it would just not make any sense.