Ecuador vs Mexico - May 7, 2010 - Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Jan 21, 2010.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alright, guys, cut it out...this is the thread for tomorrow's match.

We already have a rivalry thread so you guys can post all your ghey pics there. ;)

Thank you
    Danke
    Gracias
    :cool:

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would just like to know why it had to take my response to finally get it erased...

I even timed it.. lol ... .i was waiting forever for that little brats pic to be erased.. and it wasn't ... i was like ... damn i bet i post one up and it will be erased...

said and done !

I aint even mad at the pic... cus we all know they don't exist outside of their stadium...but my issues is with the mod in charge... that's my issue. if you are going to be a mod be unbiased.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this thread will get back on track.

thanks.

5. paultipan

paultipan New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can someone tell me what section some of the Ecuadorians fans will be sitting? I will be in the 320 section.

6. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Have fun all who are going. Good luck to both teams and no injuries.

7. ColombieUSA

ColombieUSA New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good luck to your team tonight. I hope you win big time and the many fans in yellow celebrate.

8. RabsWorld

RabsWorld New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    New York Metro area
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Peace! Como esta!

I support GHANA & I live in the New York Metro area... BUT>>> *** I'm going to this match! GOOOOOOAAAL! I have to support ECUADOR this evening. My co-worker from Ecuador blessed me with an official camiseta from the 2006 Germany World Cup. Ha! You should see me walking in Mindtown Manhattan all day today in this yellow /blue top. Don't worry Eca; I'm wearing it with pride. Quite friendly tho' engaging in convo with Mexican supporters throughout the day. MEXICO team roster is tight tho'

This match is SOLD OUT. I got my tickets + 4 others for my co-workers a month ago. Section 336.

How am I getting to the "far-from-Manhattan" Giants/Jets New Meadowlands Stadium? [Pheeeeew]

I'm taking the Coach USA Meadowland Express bus #351 from the 42nd Street & 8th Avenue Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Tickets are $10 RoundTrip - Buses run from PABT every 20 minutes. They start heading to the stadium at 6:30PM EDT. I know this because I have the bus tickets in my pocket. All New Yorkers know the PABT @ 42nd Street connects with numerous Subway lines.

This is what I call a fitting warm-up to the 2010 South Africa World Cup. Oh by the way ... I'm going to the South Africa World Cup. Departing in one month's time. Hooooooooooo! I am so amped along with 80 THOUSAND others that will pack the stadium & parking lot in a few hours!!!

May there be plenty goals tonight.! :):eek:

1 person likes this.
  9. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is this game going to be televised?

10. RabsWorld

RabsWorld New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    New York Metro area
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    rep for enthusiasm

12. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    As has already been stated, Telemundo.

13. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    holy shit kavidez got slow and fat such a shame what a waste of talent

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    2 words...

SLIM FAST

he's slow, clearly out of shape, and should be replaced with Preciado ASAP.

15. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    he should have been replaced 10 min into the game...

16. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    the whole game was crap, we didn't create chances, but kaviedes and minda take the cake, wow what a disgrace.

17. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like the way MJQ played he was at least going after every ball. Everyone else sucked balls to me

18. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I missed the match can anyone tell me what happened during the game?Who dominated the match more?Were any of the youngsters playing good? Was Kaviedes playing good?I know too many questions but can someone give me the info!

19. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ecuador played well ! the midfield was good the defense was good. Kaviedes valio v3rg@ ! . Arroyo and MJQ were a nightmare. Ibarra was doing well and even the grandaddies DLC and Hurtado had good games. Minda did well and Nazareno and Hidalgo showed why they are called up !

Mexico is in big trouble if they are bringing that team the WC !

20. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    All I know is that kaviedes was slow as hell and just looked sloppy out there. All I seen was him complaining to his other teammates, but he f'ed up a the few good chances we had. 1st half ecuador dominated a little more to me then in the second half mexico took over that's just my own opinion. ;)

21. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Arroyo and MJQ were a ngihtmare in a good way or a bad way? From what i saw a clip on youtube someone nearly scored in the second half,not sure who it was!But the Mexican defender deflected the shot out of bounds. Surprisingly though this is the first time Mexico hasn't defeated us by 2-1 in like two years. They always beat us by that scoreline, we finally grabbed points off them. Would have been nice if we won,but a tie is good enough against an opponent as hard as Mexico for us.

22. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in a very good way!

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Sixto should have tried out more guys, and given Preciado and Quinonez more time on the pitch to show what they were made of. One positive note out of all of this is that we finally didn't lose to Mexico. What a relief. I also wanted to see Sixto put in Vaca!

The gloved one and Arroyo did great! With a better cast of players, those two would shine...give them more minutes and their growth on the NT will be great. Great game by Nazareno and Ibarra. Hidalgo played well, but I'm on the fence about him as a starter.
    Hurtado had a good game, but we all know his time is coming to a close...actually, I like him there for these games to pass one experience, but in two years time for the Copa America, we need to know that Campos will be there.

For all the guys going googoo gaga over Kaviedes since at Macara and scoring a few goals...there's the net result! A pudgy, slow, and uncoordinated striker looking like he's 40 years old. Amazing how he's younger than Blanco and was still outshined by the older Mexican counterpart. Kaviedes just needs to ply his trade, make some money, and quietly go into retirement. I would rather see el tanque Hurtado up front than Kaviedes. What was all that complaining about to the rest of the team??

24. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My thoughts exactly. Sucks that we didn't score, but it was an absolute relief that we played well, dominated, and didn't lose for once.

You should've joined Manolo, Cris 09, and DamnEcuadorian.. we had a blast!

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thank you! the only person here that seems to have watched the game.

Whoever says Hurtado had a good game or played well LOL your kidding right? are our standards that LOW NOW? Hurtado was nervous, lost the ball easily in like 2 or 3 situations where Mexico could have netted a ball in. There was even a play where my dad called him out and laughed at him saying "look at Hurtados legs shake, hes about to piss his pants on the field". Hurtado's time is definitely up. Ulises, NOW THATS another story. Ulises played well, I was quite surprised. But although he did play well, that doesn't mean i think he should remain with the NT. These should be the last few friendlies these guys should play.

Now, moving on to Kaviedes...all I have to say is he DOESN'T START IN MACARA. Enough said!! For all those who thought Kaviedes would surprise us with qualities that the old Kaviedes had, THERE YOU GO. You've been proven wrong. He's old, outta shape, AND AGAIN...he doesn't start in Macara. Let's start being realistic.

Oswaldo Minda...PAQUETE Y MEDIO. Not NT material. So everyone saying he should have been on the official squad, theres your mediocre Oswaldo Minda. This ain't Deportivo Chiquito.

Good points: Michael Arroyo, Miguel Ibarra (DEFINITELY), Giovanni Nazareno, and at some points MJ Quinonez. I'm positive MJ Quinonez has potential to do better than what we saw, a lot more. Arroyo ball hogged a lot, BUT what do you expect when you got an old fat guy up as striker like Kaviedes...you gotta end up doing sh*t on your own. Ibarra most definitely convinced me today. He only had 1 error I caught him with, same with Nazareno. Great job by both, with more games they'll get better. Although they do need to work on their defense.They improve that and they'll be freakin SICK.

Disappointed I didn't get to see Preciado and Rojas get more time. But most of all, disappointed I didn't get to see Dominguez and Jefferson Hurtado debut yet. I hope they start next game. I'm anxious to see how they perform.