Ecuador vs Mexico - May 7, 2010 - Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    How do you get arrested for driving drunk in Guayaquil??? One time a cop pulled me over at 4AM, and I handed him 20 bucks and he said "buenas noches". :D

The cop must have been an Emelecista.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It used to be that way...not anymore. Heck, in the early 90's, I got off by giving him a pack of Camel Lights.

3. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is disappointing regardless of what team Bolaños is from. Ecuador's NT deserves a degree of professionalism to match the (potential) talent.

4. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just take a taxi where ever I go in manta thats my designated driver :p

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup, I took that route as well a short time after I moved there.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Living in Guayaquil must be tough as a footballer because with the girls, clubs, and stuff to do, it's easier to lose your head. But again, these are personal choices and you have to be strong and focused to keep a clean nose in those hectic environments. Bolanos mishap is probably going to be handled correctly by the Barcelona management because the last thing the club needs is more bad PR after possibly getting their stadium sanctioned and one of their top players in a drunk driving scandal. In all honesty, I hope he's fined a good sum of money and even asked to sit a few games out...not even as a liguista or anything, but because it sets a precedence for others to follow- not only are you expected to represent your club in a positive manner, but as a professional footballer you're a role model for others and hopefully held to a higher standard. I don't like the tone of Chiriboga or Llop when addressing the Bolanos case...it's too soft and dismissive.

7. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Living in Guayaquil has nothing to do with it.. How about Living in Madrid? BARCELONA? Shit how about MILAN? or AMSTERDAM? Everyone here "AGAIN" Got unto me because everyone expected him to go to Europe and I said "HE'S NOT GOING NOWHERE!!" Makes you wonder what the ******** he was doing in Brasil.. and yet everyone blamed the Brazilian coaches.

8. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No I actually agree with you on that living in guayas has nothing to do with it. He's supposedly a professional so he should maybe act like one. Every athlete has that to deal with girls, clubs, and other things that can be a bad influence or distractions.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think it's a combination of things...it can't be attributed to any specific factor, but one thing that is true is that cosmopolitan cities like the ones Arg Fut mentioned have incredibly established teams that are institutions and highly structured. While these things do happen there (we've seen cases of substance abuse, etc.) it seems as if in Ecuador there's still a lack of professionalism and it seems more common. I remember a few years ago my dad told me he saw Segundo Castillo and Obregon at a bar in Quito absolutely trashed not even two hours after a soccer game vs. Dep Quito. There are so many sightings of our players out there sh!tfaced on weekends, but the question is why is it happening? It was a selfish move on his Bolanos' part, I hope there are tough punishments leveled so he learns his lesson that even as a footballer, he's accountable to his club, the fans, and the law.

10. mangopaco

mangopaco New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Astoria, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been to an Ecuador National Team game since I was 12.

What are some of the songs the fans sing?

I want to make sure we out-sing those Mexican MFs.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This has always been a fan favorite...make sure you get the lyrics right!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3kqfo8DlsY"]YouTube- my conejito los conquistadores musica ecuatoriana[/ame]

:D

1 person likes this.
  12. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I can't wait for friday... VAMOS CONEJITO'S !!! LOL

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What time does this game start??? I gotta plan ahead since I'm 5 hours away. :eek:

By the way, DE, tickets didn't come in today so I hope they come in tomrorrow. It should only be one day from NYC though. :confused:

EDIT: I got the tickets!!! :)

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sold out!!

From an email I just received:

15. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think you have the answer already Cris but the New Meadowlands website has it at 9pm.

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mexico 2 - 1 Ecuador

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes sir...I got it. Thanks, too bad you can't make it!

18. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just one thing to note about who ever was the mod that erased my post-response. You are biased!

That picture b9bd... (how ever you spell it) stayed up there for a while and it was a picture photoshopped making fun of BSC.

YET it took me to be the one to post a response with a same type of stupid pic making fun of liga. and it was erased QUICKLY.

JUST GOES TO SHOW... if I hadn't responded that picture probably would have stayed up still...

I was waiting for it to be erased.. yet it wasn't... but then I responded with a picture making fun of the other team.. and GUESS WHAT! BLAM... erased.

Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just tried on my Ecuador jersey from 2006 for the game tomorrow - yeah, that ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes:

20. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    LoL....I still have my jacket from my first date with my wife oh so many years ago. That was a skinny guy 100lbs ago.:D

21. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mom just met a few of the players at MIA yesterday and she took pictures with a few of them and she got autographs too so I put it up on my blog!

Check it out:
    http://bit.ly/cRlvOs

[​IMG]

More pics and stuff if you go to the link.

Vamos Ecuador!

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, my mother in-law is off the boat full blown Italian...I went from 180 to 230 in a heartbeat and I cannot get rid of them.

Anyway, it looks like the temp will be around 66F around 9pm and steadily dropping so a sweater or light jacket will be the way to go anyway. Luckily, I picked up my new BvB jacket in Dortmund last month!!! :D

That's pretty cool. Did she ask Hurtado when the hell he was planning on retiring from international football??? ;)

23. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have 2 questions...
    Does anyone who has gotten their tickets already know what the "futbol fiesta" at 5 pm is?
    Also does anyone have any info about where the national team would be staying? Last time the NT came my cousin took pictures with some of the players, just wondering.

24. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this will probably be his and De la Cruz's last tour with the team. Unless Ecuador can't find replacements.

[​IMG]

more pic and info here:
    http://bit.ly/cRlvOs

25. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The last "futbol fiesta" I was at was in Phoenix for the last Ecuador/Mexico friendly. Be forewarned, it will be HEAVILY leaning towards the Mexican end of things. That is true pretty much at any Mexico game here in the states. The good news for hetero-male Ecuador fans is there is a TON of scantily clad young ladies that will take a picture with you. I'd post one of the pictures I have on photobucket but apparently my work has started blocking photobucket:rolleyes:.

Edit....also, the companies give out a lot of free stuff at the fiesta. Free soda, water, hats, etc was the order of the day in Phoenix. Some of the Mexico greats were also there to sign autographs. Zague is one that I think any fan of futbol can appreciate.