Ecuador vs Mexico - May 7, 2010 - Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Jan 21, 2010.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's been a looong time since I've seen Ecuador play in Giants Stadium. Pretty sure I'm gonna head back for this one.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'll be graduated from college by then and hopefully on my way to grad school...Maybe I can go if I can get some dough out of graduation.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hmmm, if my schedule is open, I will try and make it for that match!

4. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Can't wait to spend 150$ to watch us lose 2-1. We always half-ass these games, especially against these guys.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it ANNOYS the ish outta me how the score is ALWAYS 2-1 99% of the time.

6. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live a stone's throw away from Giant's Stadium. I'll be there again to witness the 2-1 loss against our curse mejico.

I swear, Ecuador could have won the World Cup by 10-0 and we can go play mejico and lose 2-1. They just always seem to do that.

p.s. I don't recommend sitting anywhere near mejicans if any of you go. THey are a roudy, short, drunk bunch and if the sele makes a goal they will rain on you with whatever beer, soda, food, paper they have on their hands. Most of them don't have any manners when it comes to these things.

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't recommend sitting anywhere near Ecuadorians if any of you go. THey are a roudy, short, drunk bunch and if the sele makes a goal they will rain on you with whatever beer, soda, food, paper they have on their hands. Most of them don't have any manners when it comes to these things.

(Stereotypes go both ways..)

1 person likes this.
  8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it isn't a stereotype ... I WAS THERE .. and experienced it. And I am describing EXACTLY the MAJORITY ... of the fans there.

I've been to the games against colombia, peru, ireland... etc I had no problems... but the mejico games... esa gente no sabe perder ni cuando esta ganando!

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Go to any stadium in Ecuador and I'm sure you'll find even worse fans.

I'm not doubting your experience. Every country has their good and their bad. Don't let the bad speak for the entire country, that's all I'm saying.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i remember years back me and my dad went to ecuador-honduras in ft. lauderdale. honduras scored first and we got pelted with plastic cups, beer, orange peels, and a bunch of other stuff. ecuador ties the game up and what happens? we do the same damn thing to them....all fans are the same in some capacity.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When I 1st moved to Ecuador, actually, Guayaquil in the mid 90's I went out my 1st match at the Monumental. It was nuts. Great atmosphere and the stadium was packed and the game was electric. Cerro Porteño or Olympia vs Barcelona. I was in the suite of the brothers of the girl I was going out with.

Anyway, the more I went to the stadium, for both league matches and Copa Libertadores matches I started to notice things that bothered me and understand why this country works the way it does. It was not just the people below me acting like idiots throwing crap at the opposing fans or onto the pitch, above me, the powerfully elite were doing the same thing, except it wasn't bottles of Tropico, it was Johnny Walker. And the part that bothered me the most, their kids doing the same while parents watched and nodded with approval.

Before we begin to criticize the Mexican, we need to control ourselves first.

12. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I said "majority" automatically not saying all of them are roudy, etc.

But I don't critisize myself, I am one of the civilized fans. I am totally in accord that Ecuas can also act like that, but here in the States I have NEVER witnessed it. In Ecuador hell yea, when I sat with the Sur Oscura.

I am talking about here in the US. I have not to this point, witnessed any nastiness from the Ecuas in Giant's Stadium. We are just passionate about our team, but not violent or sore losers.

Like I said... in all the games I've been to .. Ecuadorian, Colombians, Peruvians, the Irish, were all civil. But I had TWICE bad experiences for sitting near mexican hinchas... they are just sore losers even when they are winning. So I am not speaking from a first impression, which can sometimes give off a wrong image, but also from a second account.

13. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah thats true. A lot of people not all but a lot are drinking demasiado and they get out of control and ruin it for the rest of us. So yeah every country have there hooligans <(I think thats what they're called) :p

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damned Ecuadorians.....:mad:

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think a big problem in Ecuador is that alcohol is sold inside the stadium. Unlike the United States, where I've seen caps on what can be sold to each person, in Ecuador it's the copious amounts of beer and even some stronger liquors which really sour things up. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the atmosphere in Ecua, especially when I'm with the Muerte Blanca, but looking at how stupid a tiny fraction of fans got with Valencia when we lost vs. Uruguay. Well, that's just shameful and pretty embarrassing. I know that in Europe, some bans exist on alcohol sales or advertisements in the stadiums...I won't get egg on my face by saying countries, but I know they exist in a few places.....

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course, it is not just Ecuador. I mean fans in Italy were pulling off chairs to lunge them at other fans and police. Fans in Turkey have gotten stabbed, English hooligans destroyed a fountain in Holland - this shit happens.

My issue was that rather than accept it, would have been nice to not see parents acting like apes while their kids did the same thing right along side them...believe me, these were 8-12 year olds. I doubt they were getting drunk, they just had a poor example leading them to what is a norm in football, and that should not be the case.

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    don't forget the scooter that was thrown off the second or third level of the san siro....

18. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay back to futbol. Who think we can finally break this curse? And who has balls to predict a score? By who?

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is this a FIFA date?

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What??? :eek:

I do...this will be it!!!!!!!!

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ahahahahaahaha

22. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Off-Topic Ecuador

Is the Ecuador v. Mexico game gonna be at red bull park? Because if it is I might go just to see what the stadium looks like. lol

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF &amp; NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

That'd be awesome, I wanna check it out too.

But since this will be one month before the world cup and taking in to consideration how many Ecuadorians and Mexicans would want to attend.. this game might fill up a good portion of Giants Stadium.

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador