Ecuador vs. Mexico - last friendly before Copa America

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Luigi408, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I can't believe we lost this friendly, hopefully RUEDA gets fired or quits ! NEW UNIFORM , NEW COACH , please ... or bring back VIZUETE

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wonder if Vizuete will be back if the Copa is an utter failure. My guess is that they probably would ask Vizuete to take over the NT after the Mundial in Colombia...my friend is one of the preparadores fisicos on Sixto's staff, and I'm sure he'd love to get back to the NT.

But I am more inclined to say the NT would offer the next post to Fossatti or Bauza.

3. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    This feels a little bit like when 2010 WCQ's began and we were playing like shit and then came VIZUETE ! But only it seems like nobody's gonna replace this piece of shit any time soon ! WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED??? THE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY AGAINST HIM , CHEERING FOR THE OPPOSITION !? WTF !!!

4. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Why should we go through this, with all the talent we have ???

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    they can go somewhere else with that crap now. Bauza is staying in Liga. The FEF didn't take the chance when they had it, well too late. Go find a coach somewhere else besides Liga. I remember Bauza and Fossati said they were anxious to start early and coach before the World Cup to start this process but Chiriboga ignored every one and went to drag Rueda out of Honduras when the entire Ecuador was against it. Now their pocket is gonna suffer. I hope everyone here goes easy on Vizuete if he takes charge again at the beginning of the Qualifier. He'll be taking charge with no prep time. And the same goes for any coach that could possibly be coming in after Copa America.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    all im gonna say is that i hope The FEF doesn't wait til we do a horrible Copa America AND start off a bad Qualifier with that moron Rueda. I honestly could give two sh*ts about what he does at the Copa America as long as he doesn't harm our status at all in the Qualifier. A bad Copa America is ENOUGH for the FEF to give him the boot. Or no one will be present at the first game vs. Venezuela and the bad results will begin from there.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    remember, we don't have to play Brazil during this WCQ cycle, BUT...Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, and Colombia have equipazos that we have to watch out for...basically it's a damn minefield that we have to wade through...this next qualifying cycle will not be a cake walk. We can't even take Venezuela for granted anymore!

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Good coaches make a team perform better than the individuals. This team is the opposite. Rueda cant even get the players to perform at their usual level.

9. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    If Ecuador win the Copa América, I will eat my own face.

Seriously though, they have a good chance of reaching the quarter-finals - a win and a draw against Venezuela and Paraguay should be enough to see them through in 2nd or 3rd place. Anything can happen once the tournament reaches the knockout stage...

10. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I just heard some audio from the game , and they were wildin' out in quito ! I heard it on youtube: "ECUADOR INSULTA A RUEDA"

11. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope Vizuete tell the FEF to Fvcck off!!.. Why do you always give the ********ed Teams to Ecuadorians coaches and than blame them for the failure? I quick search on this forum would bring up everyone who ever talked shit about Vizuete when he was in charged. Vizuete is doing great in the Sub -20 and he completely destroyed Panama twice! That's what a Ecuadorian team should do when a Concacaf team visits. People are asking for Fosatti? Sorry but if you can't qualify your own country to a World Cup (Fosatti-Uruguay) and (Rueda-Colombia) you should not be allowed to try to qualify anyone else's.

12. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I told my Ecuadorean friend a while back that hiring Rueda was a big mistake, especially given the talent Ecuador has.

One thing that benefits this particular Mexico team is the fact that they're regarded as underdogs due to their age so they were able to let Ecuador have the ball and attempt to do some damage via counters. Frankly, it was surprising how much space Ecuador afforded Mexico in the center of the field during the second half.

Even with a disappointing performance in Copa America, you must remember that WC qualifying is the ultimate goal and hopefully Rueda doesn't manage to f*ck that up for you guys.

13. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Thanks, we hope for that too...

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A disasterous Copa America should be enough to rid us of him considering the string of results that Ecuador has had leading up to the Copa. All things considered, it's obvious that the goal is to do well in the WCQ, but imagine a string of 3 losses after losing the last game at home with a record of Rueda at 2 wins, and a bunch of ties and losses. I just hope the pressure continues to mount

15. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    All I have have to say that this game vs Mexico is an embarrassment. Unfortunately, nothing will be done about it. Like I said in another thread, once Chiriboga made his choice with Rueda, he will stay will stay with him. Chiriboga will defend him no matter how bad Rueda is doing. I do not understand, why did Chiriboga picked Rueda to be the coach for Ecuador in the first place? I do not see Ecuador having a good team yet. Let's hope that this changes. If it does not, maybe Chiriboga might wise up into looking for a better coach.

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda has to go. Its as simple as that. The FEF wont fire him anytime soon, no matter how he does in the Copa America. He still has three years left in his contract. The only option is that fans and media continue to criticize him and he eventually gets fed up and quits. The type of futbol this guy endorses is horrible. Very defensive minded without much offensive creativity. His selection of players mirrors that. Its disappointing because Ecuador has some potent offensive players.

As for Vizuete, I'll admit that I was among those who blasted him. But he's done well with the U20 guys. I'm not making him out to be a saint just yet, he has his flaws as well, but I will say this, given a choice between Vizuete and Rueda, I'll go with Vizuete, and a lot of Ecuas will as well. I still stand by my first choice tho: Bauza.

17. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No Vizuete, No Rueda, somebody else. Anybody else would be better.

18. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Phil Jackson

20. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why not those coaches are winners. If they work together with some coaches that know about "fútbol", any coach that is a winner from any sport could succeed at any other sport. Knowing about the sport, many times helps but it is not all that it entails to become a coach at any sport.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    establishing the triangle in Ecuador...hmmmmm

22. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Wow, I can't believe the Sub22 of Mexico got this result. I thought it was a typo or something, and In Quito.

Well, half of that Mexican team got kicked off today anyway, so they'll be even weaker now. Lol

Ecuador is too loaded with talent to lose to mexicos sub22. Fire your coach!