Ecuador vs. Mexico - last friendly before Copa America

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Luigi408, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Oh boy, I am watching and this is NOT good. Mexico should be winning, they missed an open goal, and Elizaga pulled off a great save on another chance.

This team is awful. Don't expect any happiness in Copa America.

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yep! Valencia is playing like crap today and Naboa is not playing good either. The defense made some MAJOR mistakes and luckly we aren't losing 0-2 or more! Benitez had chances to make better plays but he took the wrong pass or shot... in my opinion.

Best players Mendez, Reasco and... thats it I think.

Dang did you guys hear the crowd after the 1st half ended? They aren't happy either!

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the defense isn't to worry about from where i see it. All four have done their job. The huge problem is Noboa. What is he doing? He's not recovering or pressuring at all and leaving Mendez to do the whole damn job. Mendez is 32 he's not 20 years old and isn't gonna do everything himself. No even with 3 lungs. Noboa was by far the worst player along with Antonio this whole first half. Everyone else did their job. Benitez needs to move back and Felipe should move up. Rueda is doing the opposite, what an idiot. Felipe has done well in his return. He's in touch with the ball a lot and distributing to Mendez, Arroyo, and Valencia when he could. I'm liking what I've seen from Felipe a lot. He's drawing players to him and that's how he's gonna open spaces for his teammates. Hopefully they take advantage of it in the second half.

Noboa and Valencia, step it up! Everyone else needs to keep doing what they're doing.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree seems like the mid field is lacking and Mendez is the only one running left and right to recover the ball.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we are seeing the results of Rueda playing Mendez and Noboa in the center mid. We're not safe playing like that if Noboa is gonna sit back and have a cut of tea with Araujo and Erazo when the team needs to move up, or have him chilling watching Mendez pulling back to do his job while the opponent is counter attacking. I can see where Rueda is confused as to whether put Noboa-Castillo or Mendez-Noboa. but IMO, Mendez-Castillo is gonna work out best if Noboa doesn't step it up.

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia and Naboa are out, Castillo and Quirozre in for 2nd half. Good changes cause they were playing like crap.

8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arraujo really awesome on defense. Erazo in my opinion has been making a lot of mistakes and I'm not convinced with him. Also is it me or is Erazo super slow!

Felipe Caicedo out - In Mina

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador 0-1 Mexico. Really nice goal but Ecuador freaking sucks as a team right now.

10. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Rueda rushed the changes we don't have good backups we just stick with the starters it's the best we have. He failed to call up up Montero, Guerron who could have been god options off the bench.

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    If I'm not mistaken, the crowd is yelling FUERA RUEDA!! Also now they are singing Ole Ole when the Mexicans are passing the ball. This is shameful...first time I've ever seen this in my lifetime.

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol the crowd is yelling Ole every time Mexico makes a pass haha. Its funny to me cause they are playing like crap.

13. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We can't cross the ball for shit even corners are way off.

14. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seemed like no one wanted to play. To many ppl walking around to lackadaisical. Someone please explain to me why Reasco is on the NT or has ever been on it? What does he do that is good? He always looks out of control and when he crosses or passes the ball it just makes me laugh of how awful it looks.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Embarrassing. Shameful. Pathetic.

16. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm sorry but Ecuador just lost to a mexican C-D team at home. How embarrassing. i think That is the worst football I've seen in awhile. RUEDA,ajaja

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wow what a sh*t for a team. The coach sucks and in Copa America we aren't getting far.

Best players Arraujo, Mendez, and Felipe Ayovi.

The rest of the team freaking sucked badly! I can't believe we lost to this Mexico team at HOME!

18. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our problem is obvious the coaching. No movement no fluidity no passion to our play everyone is lost out there no idea how we're going to get out the group if we lose to Mexicos B team..... dissapointing to say the least.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Quiroz and Castillo fixed the center mid. Quiroz had 3 or 4 shots on goal which was much better than what Noboa did. Castillo was at least there to recover and pressure. Horrible game by Ecuador. Mendez is the only one out there along with Arroyo pushing up to generate plays. What was Rueda thinking taking Felipe out? Once he did that there wasn't anyone up front in touch with the ball? Felipe wasn't threatening but he was pushing back to help Mendez and Arroyo find open spaces. What a disaster of a coach. Nazareno and Narciso Mina are garbage!! Those are our subs for the Copa America??!? LOL

Norberto Araujo and Fricson Erazo were really solid. Those are our center backs. Benitez didn't do much and didn't really have opportunities so there's not much to say about him. Reasco and Ayovi did good, but it's not their fault the team is not clicking.

I gotta say one thing though, people are ANGRY as F*CK in Ecuador. Did you all hear the "FUERA RUEDA" chants in the stadium? And our own fans screaming "OLE" for Mexico? WOW. Talk about a negative atmosphere before going to the Copa America. Add it to this loss, and it's just straight bad vibes for the team.

Let's not be surprised if Edison Mendez or someone important to the team retires after our horrible performance in the Copa America. I'm just giving a heads up.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Rueda has any shame, he'd be ready to pack his bags to go back to his country after the Copa America. When your own crowd turns on you, it's more than obvious your unwanted and hated to be Ecuador's coach. Not one person likes him.

21. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I completely disagree with you. Noboa may have been a little off but he is a better defensive player than Quiroz Mexico created lots of chances in the 2nd half through our midfield on counterattacks. Castillo is too slow and lacidaisical I think his time on NT is done he hasn't done anything for a long time. Valencia adds speed something we need on the wing and forces Mexico to play back Rueda should have been patient with Valencia and Noboa and atleast wait longer to make changes. The best thing about Vizuete was his didn't make many changes he made the right decisions the only thing he lacked was alpha-male presence with the players.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not saying Quiroz is better than Noboa. Quiroz is more offensive oriented, he's not a defensive player. But TODAY, he did more than what Noboa exhibited on the field. So did Castillo. Castillo is an important player to the NT whether he starts or not. I can't name another 5 that deserves to be there more than him based on performance.

What's Rueda's excuse now? Before it was "no he tenido el equipo completo". What's it gonna be now? "No estuvo el gran Saritama, y por eso perdimos"???

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuadawgs,

I was in the stadium...I heard/saw it all. Yes, the crowd Ole'd the Mexican team after the goal, "Fuera Rueda" was the common chant throughout the whole game- from beginning to end. When the team left, things were getting thrown at Rueda/indirectly at the team as they went into that tunnel. Araujo was getting a few whistles in the beginning, but it died out fast.

In terms of what I saw from the game, Mendez, Araujo, and Erazo were the three players that stood out the most. Quiroz as a sub did well. Valencia is still dragging from vacation, but I really can't explain Noboa's bad performance. Benitez and Caicedo were MIA, but it's more the fault of the team that just can't click...the problem is Rueda. When I visit the Casa de la Seleccion it seems tense....it's strange.

Rueda will definitely not survive the Copa America.

24. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fair enough I can't say I agree I thought we looked better the 1st half we were faster and stronger in the midfield. The problem is Valencia is not used to his teammates so he needs minutes why take him out like that? He did the same with Guerron against Colombia and put Saritama for him just because he had a bad 1st half and we never heard of him again.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia is not used to his teammates? Most of these guys played the whole 2010 WCQ's together...I really can't see that being the problem with why he had a bad game. Rueda said in the press conference that Valencia and Noboa are still adjusting to a rhythm after long vacations and being away from the fields...altitude a little bit? Maybe

But him not being used to his teammates is definitely not the case.