Ecuador vs. Mexico friendly, L.A. Coliseum

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Ecuatrojan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Ecuatrojan

Ecuatrojan Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone going? Tagging along with a group of Ecuas, about 20 deep so far.

JJV1994 and Ecuador_Cali repped this.
  2. Ecuador_Cali

Ecuador_Cali New Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Orange County, Ca
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'll be there as well. The National Team hasn't played in L.A. since 2009 so I have to go. These opportunities don't come often out here on the west coast. My group will consist of 10-20 people.

JJV1994 repped this.
  3. Ecuatrojan

Ecuatrojan Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. Then there will be at least 2 little yellow dots in the stands!

JJV1994 repped this.
  4. santo

santo Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2 Club America Fans.

JJV1994 repped this.
  5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Game is only 4 days away, Caicedo and Rojas are arriving in the next few hours, I cant help but to wonder What system of formation will Quinteros go out with? he called up two #9's Caicedo and Yoya which is not his style, without Enner I have to think that Fidel will start, he has similar characteristics but at a lower level,

JJV1994 repped this.
  6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I became an America fan when they got Chucho and for some reason I hate Chivas too and I'm not even Mexican. Lol

b9d23m89 and JJV1994 repped this.
  7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not even interested in seeing Caicedo play.

8. Ecuatrojan

Ecuatrojan Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of Ecuadorians rooting for club america. I remember growing up watching Necaxa games with my dad cuz of Aguinaga.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw myself on tv! The guys at Univision kept showing vids of that game against Germany and I was behind the arco. So cool.

JJV1994 repped this.
  10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well ideally (both for the NT and for Quinteros) he wants to play 4-2-3-1. High pressure in all sectors of the field especially starting with the attackers so stamina is very important, defensive line playing up front, keeper on alert who can anticipate and play well with his feet, defensive midfielders that anticipate well and interceptions gotta be on point, lots of one touch playing at a fast rate and possession is very important, false 9 up front w/ three players behind him playing freely, all 4 players on the attack must be fast and be able to run up and down the field without getting tired. If you notice in Emelec no one is stuck on the left, center or right side the entire game...there's lots of variation and freedom throughout the entire game. It's like playing with 3 enganches. Quinteros is someone who has played a 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 as well, but he's stated himself that he wants the NT to play like Emelec b/c that's the system and style of playing that he envisions and considers ideal. It's basically his objective to play like that. Personally, I'm all for it. I like how Emelec plays and Quinteros philosphy of playing. It's a step forward for ecuadorian futbol to have someone who practices this type of futbol. It's not something we've seen before. The ecuadorian NT is going to play very different now compared to what we've seen from the last 15 years or so. Es otro estilo y forma de jugar. Es un paso para adelante and it's what's most suitable for our players now. It's like we've upgraded, we're updated, and ready to play differently from what we've seen these over the last 15 years.

As far as these games, it may be an exception and we may see either Yoya or Caicedo starting. I think ideally Fidel is more the type of player Quinteros would like to play up front, but I don't know if that's the decision he will make. I have a feeling he'll choose Caicedo b/c of his experience on the NT weighing more than the rest of the options. Later on of course Enner is going to be the starter and I have no doubt in my mind that Miller will consolidate himself (playing behind Enner as the enganche) and no one will take his spot for the next few years. He will become a fundamental player for the NT for a long time. I always said one day this moment would come and it's here. He has his opportunity and now he has to prove it to everyone. This kid was always a crack and I'm glad he's living up to his potential right now. He has that tough attitude, he has leadership, and even though he is temperamental he doesn't get carried away with it like he used to when he was younger. I'm glad that he now uses that attitude to exhibit his leadership.

I have a feeling the line up will be:

Dominguez; Paredes, Achilier, Erazo, Walter; Noboa, Lastra; Antonio, Miller, Montero; Caicedo

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I second that. I will always have a fond memory of America b/c of Chucho and how much they idolized him and showed him love. I respect that. I always support that team and wish them the best.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

exactly what i think so too ecuagol and futbolecuador said the same he called up to many midfielders to use Valencia in CM and i think he would be too nervous to use Martinez up front as our false 9 or have another player occupy Antonio Valencias spot this is to big a game for him to start off with our team.

the good thing is that the guys said he is being a very aggressive coach and they can quickly adapt to his style of play bad thing is he doesn't care to much about the results of our fixtures or copa america to much lets just hope they could pull a really good game today when the games vs panama comes he better experiment and call up younger players

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Esta sería la alineación de Ecuador: Alexander Domínguez; Juan Carlos Paredes, Arturo Mina, Frickson Erazo y Walter Ayoví; Osbaldo Lastra, Cristhian Noboa, Antonio Valencia y Jéfferson Montero; Felipe Caicedo y Miller Bolaños.

So Basically we are playing our usual 4-4-2 with Miller instead of Enner.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Has anyone seen that pic of Paredes and Valencia? Paredes doesn't look skinny anymore. We will see....

15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    it will be how we played back when we had chucho with miller moving up and down the field and providing support lets just hope felipe does well and that him and miller make a good pair

16. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I trust Felipao, I am more concerned with Lastra and Mina, Specially Lastra, he's a great player but this is a key position.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Same here that was the main reason I wanted Valencia in that position rather than right wing having him on the wing is just to predictable. Mina got his feet wet already lets just hope he is confident enough to start there should be a good reason as to why Quinteros chose him over Achilier.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I trust the Osbaldo Lastra of Emelec. That's the best #5 we currently have period. BUT, it is a big transition when playing for the NT and although he's 29-30 years old he doesn't have that experience. Hopefully he can adjust easily. He's a faster version of Segundo Castillo. He actually reminds me of a younger Castillo in his best days with better ball handling skill.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mina is a good player and possible the best center back we have. Narvaez is good, the problem is there's moments in a season where he gets shaky. Emelec fans know what I'm talking about. But when this kid is at a 100 and in good form he is undeniably a beast. And Achilier is a player who left a very bitter taste for us b/c of what he did in the last cycle during the Rueda era. The reason he's around is b/c we don't have other options. Let's see if this kid Arboleda can make the transition. If Arboleda is really a good player, we'll see it soon. If he's that good he'd be starting over Mina and it doesn't seen like he's just there yet. I guess our main concern will be finding who to pair with Erazo. Our attacking half isn't much to worry about and we'll find a solution to who plays with Noboa later on. Lastra is just temporary.

20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    this is mina chance to prove him self he improved a lot since vizuete first called him. arboleda will get his chance as well later on and bolanos made two clear chances in under 8 min thats great

21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Miller blew 2 easy chances!

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wow. Walter Ayovi's performance has fallen drastically!

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a goal. What a stupid give away by the defense.

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Holy shit man. I rather see the U17 play. ********. That defense is freaking terrible and the finishing as well.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Too many misplaced passes.