Pre-match: Ecuador vs Jamaica - August 12 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by \^the king^/, Jul 31, 2009.

1. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    thats weird i was watching on justintv and i was wondering is this true??? maybe hes not that bad, but i didnt see anything the visuals were horrible i could barely spot the ball on the field

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Castillo and Noboa had great chemistry playing together as doble 5s.

Montero is a speed demon on the left wing. he's a must against Colombia.

Here's my line up against Colombia

Cevallos (Elizaga suspended)

Reasco, Fleitas, Hurtado, Ayovi

Castillo, Noboa
    Valencia, Montero

Tenorio, Caicedo

3. rgfmich

rgfmich New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Here are my observations from being at the game.

Cevallos looked good, in control, and a lot more solid than Elizaga who could have been beaten on challenges a few times.

A healthy Tenorio makes a huge difference with this team. When he came out, we basically lost any shot at scoring a goal. To me, Tenorio needs to be on the field.

Speaking of Tenorio, dont know if they caught it on TV - but he definitely came off injured and was limping for a good 5 minutes before...lets hope for the best. Anyone else hear anything?

I thought the defense was ok - not great, especially early on when Cevallos made some good stops. After the first 20 or so, I thought Ibarra played well and won a number of challenges.

Thought Castillo and Noboa did a fine job - Noboa made some nice passes and obviously hit the bar. And I thought Rojas and Montero caused some danger, but I rather have an in-shape Guerron out there if he plays like he did with Liga.

The atmosphere was great - lots of Ecuadorians outnumbering the other countries.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh damn, I thought it was just me thinking Tenorio came out b/c he was injured...let's hope he isn't.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I certainly don't want to see Benitez (the man who only scored 2 goals and played almost every Qualifier match) back...we were obviously doing better without him these last 2 games. Caicedo is welcome but should wait for his opportunity on the bench.

And our problem isn't that our strikers can't produce a goal in just a year...it's been ever since El Tin left (the only GREAT striker we had). And that was in 2006. So that's 3 years. The closest thing we have to Agustin is Carlos Tenorio. The way Tenorio played @ the beginning of these Qualifiers made me want to cut his neck off...but as of lately, hes progressed and it's all we have left so I play my confidence(somewhat) on him.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    shoulda just gone to rojadirecta.com

7. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    to be honest im actually pretty happy that we didnt let in goals for once because this is going to be crucial for the rest of the qualifiers left...we cannot concede anymore goals because as you can see we still have our goal drought, so conceding more goals can give us a negative goal difference which when it comes down to the wire can get us eliminated to uruguay or colombia.but other than that i wasnt that disappointed but i would have liked to see ecuador score at least 3goals but hey they didnt play bad jamaica wasnt a bad team,they fought until the end. but for the record i would say that montero still needs to practice on capitalaizing his goals becuz this is the third or second time hes missed goals for us,dont get me wrong hes a great player,but he has to learn to capitalize on his chances like that volley yesterday that he could have easily scored but instead blasted over the crossbar. and wtf is it me or do refs in the united states not know how to dictate a match, a yellow card for cevallos not taking off his hat??? thats retarded:rolleyes: in south america that has never happened

8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

exactly ... the ref was a mejican. :mad:

9. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    isnt that a bit odd...last time i saw miguel calero the colombian goalie that plays in pachuca never gets yellows for not taking his hat off or his head bands..thats stupid north american refs should go learn how to dictate a match...i mean their confederations already sort of a disgrace but now they dont even know when to give yellows and when not to lol btw no one take the last thing serious its a joke:D

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    eso lo prohibieron en FMF y concacaf (ayer fue un arbitro cocancaf)
    calero ya no USA cachuchas
    creo que hasta la bandana entera esta prohibida, no hace parte de la Indumentaria en listas FIFA

11. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    uhh.. is there something you need to tell us, efer? ;)

12. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Im gonna have to disagree with you on somethings here, Miguel Ibarra was lacking the Jamaican offense was owning him,el man este partido no me gusto,Quiroz again proved that he is not NT material.And I wouldnt call the players performance awesome,cause they weren't. The best man for Ecuador to me was Castillo and the man doesn't even have a team. But the best sh!t of that game were the girls in the stadium.

13. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I went to see the game at Giants Stadium. Overall all Ecuador played a solid game. Of course, I would have preferred that Ecuador score a goal and win the game but unfortunately it did not happen. Fleitas and I. Hurtado played a good game. Offense was the problem. I liked the way S. Castillo played. He played and hustled throughout the whole game. Our goalies were not a problem. Noboa, Quiroz were not at their best. Montero and Rojas at least tried. My brother and I had excellent seats Section 112 Row 3. Next to the half the field. We were so close of the players that when we yelled at them I know that they could hear us. Luckily, mother nature was in our favor and it did not rain. I enjoyed the game even though Ecuador could not find a way to win the game. Hopefully, with the missing players that did not play for this game Ecuador against Colombia and Bolivia will find a way to beat them both.