Pre-match: Ecuador vs Jamaica - August 12 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by \^the king^/, Jul 31, 2009.

1. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    wow whats up with our shooting honestly, i see some good passing but the shooting is just disgraceful...and is it me or is the ref being a little too leanient with jamaica i saw two corners that were disallowed . The goals i have to agree were offside though

2. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Exactly. Was Quiroz the one making all those weak-ass shots? Glad to see he was subbed out.

Second time we hit the post. Just not our day..

3. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    im actually a bit relieved that i see good defending but we need balance defending as well as good attacking and finshing

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From what I have seen, going against Colombia, we will need more in terms of effective attacking capabilities rather than in defense.

We know they can't really score for shit, but we aren't either...and we also know they can definetly defend.

Good defending as of right now is not nearly as important because of who our opponent is and what their weaknesses and strenghts are.

Nothing good will come out of Colombia if we can't finish...

5. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    this may be a friendly but we have to score.. but i see good bal control but other than that were exactly like colombia!!!!

6. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, it's looking like our game against Colombia will be exactly like the one we played against them in Quito. Dominating the ball, but not being able to do anything with it.

7. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    unless we could pull out a hat trick out of our assess i guess so lol

8. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wow. Do we play our friendlies with huevos or what?

9. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    so many opputrunities yet no goals??????? disappointing how is this possible. my only good comment is that we had goo defence we were actually looking like colombia out their no offense to any colombians:rolleyes:..c'mon how could montero miss that volley in the first half and two offsides!!!!!!:mad: send replies plz

10. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the key for this game was that Vizuete wanted to test his defense and keep Ecuador's scoresheet at zero. Noboa and Castillo will definitely start against Colombia.

11. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i guess but what about our offense...that was horrible:eek:

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  13. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    That defense was horrible, if jamaica had brought half decent fowards nos llenaban.. Montero really under performed, and joao, damn that kid had an awesome game.
    Our biggest problem seems to be our build up play toward midfield, the defenders never find spaces and they either end up passing it to the opponent or just blasting it to no one.
    Man of the match: joao rojas

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The offense will score goals or it will not.. But the defense "MUST" hold the scoresheet at ZERO when visiting Colombia and Bolivia. If that happens than ecuador has a shot at getting 6 points.

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That can go both way. If Ecuador brought all its firepower.......

16. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    sorry but what game were you watching??? to me the defence was our strongest asset , ecuador had good ball control as well, the midfield was ok i guess not our best, but hey it was a friendly. our forwards messed up once agin as i saw, we are still having a problem with finishing our goals...ughhh and the anxiety and dispair is not over yet:(just when we thought that our problem of finshing and scoring goals was over from the last two qualifiers...this happens:(

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm going to have to disagree. Ecuador should not have to focus on defening with Colombia nor Bolivia as they would in other occassions, such as facilig Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay or Brazil as neither of them are offensive teams and don't really carry as much a threat as the rest of the competition (save Peru).

But if Ecuador keeps missing these sitters, we will see a lot of 0-0's scorelines ahead and THAT is what will get Ecuador eliminated.

Vizuate should have been more offensive today as I feel that this is the area that Ecuador has to work on vs. Colombia - a team currently known for being solid in defense.

If the numbers on the tabla de posiciones would be different and more in our favor than they stand today - i would agree, a 0-0 in Colombia would be a good result, but as it stands, we need those 3 points badly!

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think our offense was fine. The problem was our finishing, as usual. It wasn't even our fault. We had 2 balls hit the post and 2 goals offsides...and bearly offsides. So it's not the offense I'd criticize a lot.

I think our defense was weak at times. Obviously b/c Hurtado is not used to playing on the left side as we all saw in this game. That position is usually played by La Sombra. Fleitas did ok, but had a few mistakes here and there. Nothing to worry about too much from Fleitas.

Castillo did a decent job although you can notice he hasn't been in activity lately...he needs to find a team ASAP if he wants to start against Colombia...

Noboa had a good game. Great passing, good steals....I'm sure he'll do even better in an Eliminatoria game....that is IF Vizuete puts him in his regular position (doble 5).

Miguel Ibarra, Joao Rojas, Walter Ayovi, all did a really good job. All three should DEFINITELY be on the official list against Colombia. Ibarra was secure today unlike in the game against El Salvador a couple months back. He contributed well in attacking and defending. Great job by Ibarra.

Excellent game by Jeff Montero....he was a danger to the Jamaican defense on BOTH sides. The guys everywhere and had some dangerous runs and crosses on both sides. Great game by Montero, he was awesome!!

David Quiroz...to be honest I wasn't paying too much attention to Quiroz so I'd be lieing if I'd comment on him. But what I did notice is that when he left the game along with Tenorio our attacking power dropped a lot.

Carlos Tenorio.....awesome game!! He made himself present in various shots on goal. He really contributed a lot up front and has been progressing from the Tenorio we all saw at the beginning of the Qualifiers. I'm glad he's progressing and hope he keeps it up. He positioned himself correctly for all those shots and headers he had. Nothing bad to say about Tenorio. Great game.

Palacios didn't convice me at all. Didn't do anything although he wasn't in the game too long.

Holger Matamoros.... didn't see much from him so I can't rate him. I hope he gets another chance and starts next time so we can see more from him.

Cevallos did really great and much better than Elizaga who was off on him game today. We had more of a possibility to get scored on when Elizaga was there then when Cevallos was playing. It's gonna be a tough decision for Vizuete to choose b/t Cevallos and Dominguez now (who just had a pretty good game against Libertad as well).

19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  20. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    :eek:
    for some reason ive noticed that our midfielders score more goals than our own strikers:eek:..and is it me or did pablo palacios do a robona in this game??:eek: i dont know if i heard wrong but i could have sworn the announcer said and "palacios pulls a rabona" lmao plz reply

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How to you focus on Offense? Just because you have 3 forwards doesn't mean you'll score or does it mean that you are more offensive! Colombia's defense is TREMENDOUS and if Ecuador goes down one goal than Ecuador is going to need to pray to la virgen de Cisne..and to top it off, Benitez and Caicedo are not there. If ecuador wants to practice finishing than let them play Galapagos FC.

22. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i cant lie i think we need them back...they arent bad after all just that people went over board when they had two bad games...but it happens to veryone..alot of teams go on goal droughts where their strikers cant produce goals for even over a year...i know this isnt helping right now hahah:D but its true look at ronadlinho he hasnt scored for brazil in a minute

23. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bro our defense might be strong but they can't sprint for sh!t... I can already see that little demon Quinteros run right through espinoza or hurtado and end up one on one, ask the venezuelan defense who were victims 5 minutes into his coming on the field.

24. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    you have a point, but dont they have ivan cordoba back,does that mean we can have a decent showing aginst them and heck even get a benitez or tenorio goal.??..i mean ivan cordoba is useless for la seleccion, and also can someone answer me this did palacios do a rabona or something in the game i could have sworn i heard the announcer say that

25. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Heard it too. Didn't see it though.