Ecuador vs. El Salvador

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by zampi, Sep 6, 2007.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i saw it on goltv...the website i mean

2. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Even though I was pleased to see Lara back, I wasn't so into the game. Why? Because we played El Salvador. I really hate these ham & egg friendly games that we get fed with. Let's win against some top European teams. WE could do it. It's about time.

4. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    I thought the same,el marcador no refleja el juego de la tri.Losser Suarez needs to go now.Our ballers could have gotten hurt,and they failed to score at least one gol,when we had 2 extra players on the pitch.He should have never used pur extrangeros for this game,,,it was a waste of time.I think its better if we had friendlies with ecua clubs.

5. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Another thing that pisses me off,was that how that azzhole Suarez used the subs,,on oficial games when he needs to sub,he does nothing.

6. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Well in fact they do and Fifa wants everybody to take them seriously. For example in the case of concacaf for the 2010 WCQ they have taken the first 6 teams from rankings out from pre-qualification process. So they will go directly to second stage. If you think that european teams are trying not to lend players for so many games in the future we could see more and more importance with this matter for other confederations.

Rankings obviously ar not the same as World cup results even though they have a lot of importance to set the order of the teams. If that was the case then rankings would be not useful. Then Fifa just would take the WCQ and WC results and would put teams that way. Then Copa America, European etc, would lose their importance.

Maybe Fifa should consider just official matches not friendly, then think how would the teams in south america be?

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ecuador has never benefited from the FIFA rankings. Even while seeding teams for the WC, FIFA has looked into history more than into the actual rankings, I don't remember when, but Ebgalnd, which were ranked higher than Germany, where not a seeded team, while Germany, a 3 time WC winner was.
    Ecuador is very far away from even being in that position.

So now Copa America is over an the Eurocup Qualification are back - a tie and a win has put Italy over Brazil and Argentina once again.

From other posters;
    The ranking considers always just a set time frame. I dont know how far it goes back, but lets say 3 years and 1 month ago Germany won some important games which created many points then those games wouldnt be considered anymore beccause the ranking rates just the games of the last 3 years so you can lose points even if u win games (keep in mind its just an example).

Overall I think the Top20 is quite accurately displaying the performance (strength) of the teams. The further u go down the ranking the worse it becomes because of the missing intercontinental matches => asian teams play mostly other crap asian teams, same for north america and so on.
    Leinad

Such systems try to weighten the sucesses of teams in comparison, but the way they are doing it, they are complete nonsense for me, because the totally different opponents of the teams and so on. Remember 1.5 years ago Germany was somewhere around rank 25, because they couldn´t collect points in WC qualification matches, hell, how could they have done so, the were qualified as host. And in friendlies you don´t get many points. You get more points for
    winning a EC quali match against Liechtenstein (no offense, just an example) than for a test match win vs. Romania.

So the system is a complete joke for me as well as the UEFA 5 years ranking.

I take it as a wise coaches once said:
    "Important is, what happends on the pitch."
    "Eisenfuß" Eilts

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    if you do not like FIFA's
    just go and look to elorankings.net (you will love Fifa after using the proper rational system)
    they consider ecuador at lower places

IMHO....ecuador should B close to top 30
    recent disater in copa america, do not help a bit

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's not that I don't like them...they are fun to look at, but at the end of the day, I know that they are actually pretty meaningless. Most rankings are!

10. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

maybe so. But it does give you a certain perspective, purely based on results. For example, Ecuador playing a 120+ ranked team (El Salvador) killed them in Quito but then played a similar ranked team in Honduras and lost.

It's also a money issue. The better you're ranked the better competition you'll get and better revenue that your NT will earn.

Do I think Ecuador should be ranked in the 50s..no. They should be a top 32 team. But Copa play and poor friendly results kills any positive movement they make up the table.

11. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

The same argument can be made about colleges, regardless, people use it as bragging material. To each his own, I personally would not like Colombia ranked 50th or 60th...

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    to me, it boils down to it showing consistency...the teams that keep on winning are at the top of the table, even if a few of them don't belong there, its not good to see your team in the 50's or 60's when you were ranked among the top 16 teams in the world based on the world cup...we are a top 32 team with loads of talent right now, our rank does not do our strength as a team justice but it hurts to see us that low because our team can't forge the results...we will do well in the WCQ if we keep focused though