Ecuador vs El Salvador May 27,2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by ecua_toriano, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'd like to get some statistics - in our last 3 matches (Brazil, Paraguay, Salvador), how many shots have our opponents taken that have ended up as goals. I'd bet it's around 50%, meaning for every 2 shots our opponents take, they score 1 goal.

Brazil and Paraguay attacked us very little, but they scored despite very few opportunities. El Salvador has also attacked very little today, but has scored 3 goals. I don't think Cevallos has saved a shot yet (?).

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH OUR DEFENSE?

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Manolo, that question has racked our minds for over two years.....that is a huge huge problem.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well my analysis of the game is that Ecuador didn't care about it...atleast they played like they didn't care since it's a friendly game.

I think players like Ayovi, Cevallos, and Mina (all players that have a "puesto ganado" in our NT) did not perform well b/c they don't care about games like these (like always). It doesn't reflect how they do in WCQ. It's not a surprise to me and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone about how Ecuador performs in Friendly games. We always do bad....although I DID think we would beat El Salvador by a LARGE MARGIN.

Players like Hidalgo, Michael Quinonez, Palacios, Rojas, Ibarra, Quiroz Montero, Zura, and Mora are all players that I think were worth observing b/c they are REALLY playing to have a spot in the NT.

Hidalgo...did a horrible job, awful defensivly. Never convinced me, never will.

Quinonez...didn't do much. Doesn't even deserve rating.

Palacios...one of the biggest disappointments of this game. I really thought I'd see something better from him since we were playing against El Salvador. He let me down.

Rojas...."plato aparte" for this kid....From what I saw he knows what he's doing. The best things I saw Ecuador do were all from him. Rojas > Benitez (in my book).

Ibarra....he can attack way better than defend but didn't do that great. I think he can do better than what he showed in this game.

Quiroz....fouled wayyy too much. Didn't show what he usually does in Emelec. I also think he can do better than what he showed in this game.

Montero...this kid has great potential. I think we could have seen more from him if the majority of our players wouldn't have played horribly. I think he'd do much better than what we saw in WCQ's (as a sub) with players like Valencia, Mendez, Castillo, and Ayovi guiding and helping him.

Zura...didn't offer any more or less than Palacios...disappointment.

Mora...there wasn't much of Mora to even rate but we already have our keepers (Cevallos, Elizaga, Banguera, Aragon) so theres nothing to worry about in this position.

I think El Salvador has gotten better lately but it's no excuse to our loss. This was Ecuadors C Squad for the most part which is the reason I am not disappointed.

Now what does worry me A LOT is our defense b/c that 3-5-2 DID NOT WORK WHAT SO EVER!! Campos can play it...although he didn't do too well.....Guagua can DEFINITELY NOT PLAY IT...and Mina fouled too much and didn't do as well as he does in WCQ. I think Vizuete needs to reconsider this 3-5-2 formation and change it back to 4-4-2. I think theres 3 positions in the NT that will be troubling for Vizuete to decide about.

I think we should play a 4-4-2 against Peru with the following:

Cevallos; Reasco, Campos, Mina, ????; Noboa, Castillo, Urrutia, Ayovi; Rojas, ?????

I think the only options we have for the LB position is Ambrossi b/c if Ayovi plays LB and doesn't play in the midfield we will have no one else to bring the same volume of attack that he does. And as far as the Center Forward we needs it's most likely going to be between N.Mina, Palacios, and el paquete mamon C.Tenorio.

4. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I was there front and center. It was a shock to see a small team like el salvador beat us. The only bright spots of the night were Jefferson Montero and Jaoa Rojas. They played their hearts out. The rest of the team fell asleep.
    don't know what conclusions vizuete got from this game other than we need goal scorers and should play with 4 defenders instead of 3 in the back.. :confused:

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don't see were you got the idea that they didn't care? They were fouling like crazy and looked like they wanted a better result that never came.
    Good game guys, would of liked to seen a lot of your other players in this game though because we need the experience since our players are really young. Cheers!

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    3 - 1? hahahahaha!!!

Man, we suck.

7. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiajD-h2hxA"]YouTube - El Salvador 3 vs Ecuador 1 : 5.27.2009 : Friendly/Amistoso : Highlight[/ame]

5:30 Mark...what a terrible challenge.

8. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    They did care, el salvador was just too good for them, as bad as that sounds to them, ecuador fans are just kidding themselves, their team got embarrassed

9. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    este resultado keda en las estadisticas de un partido amistoso y nada mas...recuerda es un amistoso ;), si slavador gana 7-0 a brazil keda en el recuerdo si fuera un torneo o algo asi es otra cosa...si Ecuador hubiera ganado de ke serive?? ke Ecuador es mas ke el salvador.. todo el mundo sabe, pero x un partido perdido no me vengas con ke el salvador es ma ekipo ke nosotros...hasta en las malas somos mas, solo necesitamos a los titulares y otro arkero y te damos otra goliada como el año anterior recuerdas??

10. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Los amistosos hay que ganarlos sea como sea, Argentina fue a ese mismo estadio y le empaco 5 a Guatemala con un equipo B y al bolillo le toco renunciar, eso es lo que hay que hacer, yo no creo que nadie hoy en dia juegue partidos amistosos.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You'd know what I'm talking about if you'd see our WCQ games vs a game against El Salvador.

You'd probably be more in shock about how much better we play. Then again it was our C Squad. Why don't you look up are last two games where we humiliated Brazil and Paraguay. Our only problem was finishing. We missed the easiest of goals that maybe even you or I could have scored. Just look those last two games up and you'll be in shock. What we did against El Salvador was horrible b/c:

....we experimented with a new formation 3-5-2...Ecuador NEVER uses that formation. And using a formation like that which our Central defenders aren't used to confuses them.

On top of that i's our "C squad" besides a few players. This result does not affect Ecuador in anyway. Ecuador is known to play 20 million times stronger in a WCQ game and against bigger rivals.

Any Salvadorean that thinks their teams is better than ours is just out of their mind. I don't think you want to compete against our other half of the team that plays in Europe. Our B team would even make a huge difference then the trashy ass Fernando Hidalgo's, Michael Quinonez, Edmundo Zura's, etc. that you saw play last night.

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    No tratemos de tapar el sol con un dedo. Ecuador debe ya ganar estos partidos, incluso con el equipo B. Lo de anoche es una buena leccion de que debemos respetar al rival y tambien a nuestra (breve) historia como un equipo ascendiente en el futbol internacional.

13. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What did I tell you !!!

I guess there A squad was better than our C !!!! hahahaha , but what does that prove???... They really had it for us ... se quitaron el pique que tenian contra nosotros por la violacion del anho pasado con los 5 que les dimos ...

pero .. que dije ... ahora me rio mas !!!!

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just got home at 7am this morning. 400 miles there, 400 miles back, 14 hours on the road, 32 ounces of redbull.. all in one day, and it was WORTH IT! I met up some with some cool ecuadawgs from here and we had a great time.

Yeah we lost but it doesn't matter.. didn't surprise me either. All that matters is that I was there and I was proud to support my country, my team, mi seleccion, mi patria, mi corazon, mi sangre ecuatoriana! That first goal was nice and I celebrated and cheered my ass off till I nearly lost my voice.. it felt like I was back in Buenos Aires seeing Urrutia score on Argentina :D

In the end I was happy to get out of there without getting stabbed ;) Nah, it was a ton of fun. Will definitely do it again.

15. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Una verguenza me dio ayer. No hay justificacion. Aunque haya sido nuestro equipo C. Que lo fue porque algunos no habian jugado nunca con la seleccion y son casi juveniles. Pero igual, perder asi jugando con el salvador :confused:
    Y lo peor es que no jugamos tan mal. Pero que falta de definicion, hasta pudimos haber ganado con el equipo C. Nos esta atormentando la maldita falta de definicion como en el pasado. Cuantos goles se comio Joao Rojas? Jugo muy bien el guambra pero no se puede comer asi los goles....ojala sea su inexperiencia y la cosa cambie. Las fallas defensivas son una alarma grave tambien. Dominamos el aprtido pero no sirve de nada con fallas asi atras
    Me hace acuerod a la perdida con Haiti hace unos anios :rolleyes:

16. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jajajaja, lo que hace la nostalgia de estar lejos del pais.....te entiendo amigo yo tambien lo vivi. Te hace delirar por cualquier huevada :rolleyes:

17. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Ese partido ase dos anos no se puede comparar, el Teqnico de El Salvador apenas empesaba el trabajo, Ya se mira la differencia. Si El Salvador viaja a Ecuador otra vez, no seria el mismo resultado. De todas maneras les tengo respeto a Ecuador, creo que necesitan un mejor arquero. Pero si creo que a bajado Ecuador un poco de ase 4 anos.

18. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    escusas...

19. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

20. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

I dont think either Brazil or Paraguay felt that way:confused:

21. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ese arquero is the same one who won the Copa-freaking-Libertadores! He should've blocked all three of those goals. I dunno, it just wasn't his day.. you could tell that he was not as quick as he used to be.

Hey, it may be an excuse, but it's the truth! It was a C-team. Most of those guys aren't even on the bench in an important game.

22. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You definitely didn't read any news articles following those games. Every single sports reporter in the world said that Ecuador outplayed both of those teams. Even the Brazilian press said that Ecuador deserved the victory and embarrassed Brazil. Maybe they weren't humiliated, per se, since neither of them lost.. but Ecuador gave them a run for their money even if we couldn't score for shit.

23. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He gave us his best in libertadores and in the mundial de clubes...hasta lloro en la final cuando perdimos con Man.U couldnt ask for more. Si ama a Ecuador y nos desea lo mejor ke se retire de la sele y Liga. Grax x todo pero ya es hora Cevallitos leave while your at the top. Aguante Dida ya mismo te toca.

24. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Salvador tied with the USA. Do you guys think you are better than the US? Costa Rica is ranked higher than you guys, so is Honduras. El Salvador played with a B squad key players did not play like the following: Pacheco, Salazar, Escobar. And starters didn't start like Zelaya and Martinez (they each played 10 min), Quintanilla IMO the best player in ES only played one half. You guys weren't the only ones holding back.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i dont understand why everytime we lose we make up these ridiculous excuses for it: either because we were missing players, or we clearly showed that we didn't want to play...the fact of the matter is that for 90 minutes we got outplayed...the trend becomes a little more disturbing when we havent' beaten a CONCACAF team for a while and are struggling against the likes of Colombia, Venezuela, and Bolivia while playing our hearts out against Paraguay and Brazil but can't bring the bacon home. It's almost as if we've hit a massive slump. We should be showing up to every game to WIN..this squad that we sent, yes it was our C team, but had enough talent to dispose of El Salvador had we played well. We're definitely better than all the CONCACAF teams on paper, and probably on par talent-wise with Mexico and the United States although recent trends would indicate that we are worse based off of past results. The only positive conclusion reached out of all of this is the affirmation that Palacios is as useless as some people in these forums claim Benitez to be (although Benitez is a HUGE asset). We will most likely see Rojas and Carlos Tenorio up front against Peru....the defense remains the roadblock to further success.....we need guys to step up.