Ecuador vs El Salvador May 27,2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by ecua_toriano, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
  2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard los angeles...makes sense with the huge salvadorean population that lives there....

3. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. ECUABIKER

ECUABIKER New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Glendale, Ca.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well hopefully they make it happen this time. Ill be there so if anyone else is in we should get a section so that we dont end up getting killed alone. Lol.... Kidding! :( I hope!

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    mara salvatruchas...you can never be too sure

6. marioeguez

marioeguez New Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  7. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    This is why we are not going nowhere,cuz of this bs,that fat f!ck has us playing El Salvador instead of Portugal,Spain,etc,etc. This is a waste of time and money,,,Chiriboga hijo de la cran tuta.

8. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Ecuador has been constantly improving in soccer, we don't have to play teams like Portugal, Spain to do this. El Salvador had a 2-0 lead on U.S. recently and playing in Los Angeles will most likely be like a home game for them, so we should get a good preparation out of this.

9. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah but don't we play them all the time? We need to be playing other teams I think.

10. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

We don't play El Salvador all the time at all. Yes, it would be nice to play European teams more often, but a friendly in Los Angeles against one isn't common.

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Portugal and Spain are not going to come knocking on our doors until we get out of 7th place.

Games like El Salvador are fine. We need some easier games to get our attacking players in sync and get some confidence. If we only play only difficult teams we barely give the forwards and wingers an opportunity to see what they can do, because we will spend the whole time defending.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I think games with El Salvador are NOT fine what so ever. Por eso estamos como estamos. Games with teams like El Salvador are NOT showing the reality/ HIDING THE REALITY of what our Forwards can do.....Now we ALLLL now that if Benitez, Caicedo or even el paquete de Tenorio score 10 goals against El Salvador NONE OF THAT WILL REFLECT WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DO IN WCQ GAMES...simply b/c they lack finishing ability AT THAT LEVEL (WCQ). The solution is playing a highly competitive team OVER and OVER again until these paquetes LEARN how to score. I don't think we'd necessarily spend our time defending...and even if we do it should benefit the team ANYWAYS b/c La Sombra has been f*ckin up when our opponents counter attack(hence the goals Brazil & Paraguay made). I actually think playing a high competitve team will allow us to continue working on our weaknesses (defense & forwards).

I still hold my thoughts of not having Benitez as a starter...and probably not having Caicedo or Guerron in the NT.

We're one month away from WCQ and so far I think the following players deserve their opportunity: Pablo Palacios, Joao Rojas, Narciso Mina....and Agustin Delgado would definitely score out of the many opportunities that Benitez, Guerron, and Caicedo fail up front.

We're one month away from WCQ and my starting line up TODAY against Peru would be:

Cevallos; Reasco, Campos, Mina, Ambrossi; Rojas, Castillo, Urrutia, Noboa, Ayovi; Delgado (Palacios)

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    But what if we try Palacios, Rojas, and Mina against El Salvador and they don't score?? Do you still try them against Peru and Argentina? Or do you go with the guys who are playing in more competitive leagues every week against top-class defenders? What if we put in Tin Delgado and he isn't the same Tin as he was a few years ago (BTW he isn't)?

I want the team to win, just like you. But if they lose, I want as much as possible for the team to get experience for the next cycle. Benitez, Caicedo, and Rojas are the future, Delgado is the past and we need to close that chapter. Mina and Palacios are guys that are a little bit too old to be proving themselves against teams like Argentina and Uruguay. If they were international caliber, they would have been noticed when they were 21 or 22, not now that they are 26 and in the prime of their career. For them, it's only downhill from here.

As far as the game being against El Salvador, let's just look at the other options for a friendly match:

1. We cannot play against other South American teams that are direct rivals.
    2. Top European teams are probably looking for friendlies with top-level opponents. Ecuador is losing prestige fast due to our recent form, so that reduces the chances of playing against Spain, England, etc. The England U-21 team gave us a run for our money!! :eek: That was almost a huge nightmare.
    3. Good, but smaller European teams (Romania, Poland, Switzerland, etc.) won't attract big crowds from playing against a small team like Ecuador, either home or away. The economics aren't there, and it's way too far when they can play North African or Asian countries instead.
    4. Asian teams are generally weak and there's not much benefit for either side, soccer or financial-wise.
    5. I've never heard of teams going to Africa for friendlies.

So that leaves CONCACAF as the ideal location, with a game in the U.S. in order to draw a big immigrant crowd. Mexico and the U.S. have international prestige, so they are likely to schedule some high-profile friendlies. So that leaves the other teams - Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Trinidad. Trinidad and Costa Rica would not draw big crowds in the U.S., which leaves us with Honduras or El Salvador.

So out of all the countries in the entire planet, it looks like we really only had two possible rivals for a friendly and the result was Ecuador v. El Salvador on May 27 :p

14. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I think Ecuador is still among the best teams in the world. It's not about scheduling what are considered the best teams on paper, its about getting in a game situation in international conditions under the players belt. Mexico is among the best teams in the world, yet even they don't have it easy playing in small countries like Trinidad and Tobago and Honduras. El Salvador is a team on the rise and their fans will look to upset us, as they know we have a high quality of football.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lots of what you said is true about us basically "having no other option" but to play CONCACAF teams. That's true. I would have prefered Costa Rica or even Honduras since they are 10 times more competitive than El Salvador....although my top two choices for friendlies in CONCACAF will be US and Mexico.

Your right about Palacios and Mina being 26 years old and JUST RECENTLY reaching their prime...even though its in our Local Championship....But we HAVE NOT seen what they can do/offer our NT in a WCQ as of yet....I am one of the people that said Palacios shouldn't even be in the NT....but then I see Benitez and Caicedo having trouble scoring the EASIEST OF GOALS, the type of plays that PALACIOS DOES FINISH in Barcelona...I know comparing playing in our NT vs. Local championship games is ridiculous but Palacios doesn't fail to finish the type of opportunities that Caicedo, Benitez, and Guerron do. We've already seen a LOAD of games with the Benitez & Caicedo duo and they have failed to impress....and it's obvious that Vizuete and LOTS OF OTHERS admit it's time for one or both of them to exit our starting 11.

Caicedo is not playing in the game against Peru since he has 2 yellow cards. I'm pretty sure Benitez can BUT...he might not b/c of his injury....and honestly if I were Vizuete I would not put him up front. If I would, it would only be b/c it's a game against Peru (the weakest team in the WCQ)....but against Argentina Benitez needs to sit that one out along with Caicedo...if not, it will AGAIN be another 1-1 AT MOST ,OR worse, a loss.

I see two senarios: The worst (Benitez AND Caicedo), 2nd worst (Benitez/Caicedo w/ Tenorio).

And I'm saying Tenorio b/c I KNOW Vizuete is going to call him up....only an ignorant would, but then again Vizuete is an ignorant.

If we do not get 6 points out of these games and Don't make it to the World Cup, it will generally be b/c of these players: Benitez, C.Tenorio, J.Guerron, F.Caicedo.....Everyone knows it deep inside.

It's time for someone new to take their positions before it's too late.

16. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Is anyone from these boards going? I'm thinking of heading down from the San Francisco Bay Area to support Ecuador!

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this game against the "sipotes" is a waste of time

18. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Is this game on a Fifa date?

19. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok, lets put Evelio and Mamita Calderon up front then :rolleyes:

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    most likely we'll see caicedo-tenorio up front for the el salvador game....that duo did really well against the united states and mexico....what was lacking was defense!

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's evil and just as wrong as having Tenorio/Caicedo and Benitez playing up front....same outcome....NO GOALS....great sarcasm though.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Against El Salvador you'll see them surprisingly score 10 million goals....and then watch EVERYONE jump with joy saying that those 2 should play up front against Argentina. And then you'll see the game against Argentina end with a tie or loss with NEITHER of them scoring the EASIEST of goals.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you might be right...but you might be wrong...its unproven, but what is proven is that the two of them did very well...probably better than we all expected in those two games. if there was a bright spot, it was our forwards. Anyway, we're all beating a dead horse because here is the nomina, and it looks like there's a little bit for all tastes here because Tenorio will be up front with Rojas.

Arqueros
    Cristhian Mora (El Nacional)
    José Francisco Cevallos (Liga Quito).

Defensas
    Isaac Mina (Deportivo Quito)
    Giovanny Caicedo (Deportivo Quito)
    Jairo Campos (Liga Quito)
    Jorge Guagua (El Nacional)
    Iván Hurtado (Sin Equipo)
    Miguel Ibarra (ESPOLI).

Volantes
    David Quiroz (Emelec)
    Fernando Hidalgo (Barcelona)
    Jefferson Montero (Independiente)
    Edison Méndez (PSV Eindhoven-Holanda)
    Michael Jackson Quiñónez (El Nacional).

Delanteros
    Joao Rojas (Emelec)
    Carlos Tenorio (Sin Equipo).
    (LAOH)

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arqueros
    Cristhian Mora (El Nacional)
    José Francisco Cevallos (LDU Quito)

Defensas
    Isaac Mina (Deportivo Quito)
    Giovanny Caicedo (Deportivo Quito)
    Jayro Campos (LDU Quito)
    Jorge Guagua (El Nacional)
    Iván Hurtado (Sin Equipo)
    Miguel Ibarra (Espoli)

Volantes
    David Quiroz (Emelec)
    Fernando Hidalgo (Barcelona)
    Jefferson Montero (Independiente)
    Edison Méndez (PSV Eindhoven - HOL)
    Michael Jackson Quiñónez (El Nacional)

Delanteros
    Joao Rojas (Emelec)
    Carlos Tenorio (Sin Equipo)
    Pablo Palacios (Barcelona)
    Edmundo Zura (El Nacional)

this is the completed list

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mora, G.Caicedo, J.Guagua, C.Tenorio....Oh God....

my starting 11:

Cevallos; Ibarra, Hurtado, Campos, Mina; Montero, Mendez, Quiroz, Quinonez; Rojas, Palacios