Ecuador vs Colombia - Madrid

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by ecua_toriano, Mar 21, 2011.

1. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Rueda is just doing his job and he's great at being TERRIBLE!!!!
    Please lets fire this S.O.B.

2. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We need a new coach by the time copa America starts. We need to lose against Peru so Rueda could leave for good!! This was embarrassing!!

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The D. Quito defense is freaking terrible. I can't believe I got up to watch this crap. Fire Rueda!

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a Shame!! That shit gave me a headache. Rueda is the type of coach that plays not to lose. Clearly stated by his starting 11. Bad idea... I have this feeling Ecuador is going to play alot of catch up ball as long as that moron is there.... Those changes he made were ********ing ridiculous!!... I bet you people are loving Vizuete right now.. Didn't matter if Vizuete's Ecuador played in Argentina, Uruguay or Brazil. That Coach was taking it to you!! Don't expect anything like that with this Colombian..

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the worst performance te NT had since Rueda has been coaching. Besides Valencia, Saritama, Montero, and at times Jaime Ayovi who was lonely as fxk up front, no one knew the meaning of attacking. The only ones besides them that had a decent game were The two center backs... well isn't that a surprise?! but now we found another problem: our right and left
    backs were horrible.

and like I said before we played this game:
    1) we lack someone like Edison Mendez (or maybe Edison himself should come back). who in Ecuador has qualities that are somewhat similar- Luis Bolanos, Miller Bolanos, and Mj Quinonez. But from the little we've seen from
    MJ Quinonez, he has not convinced me at the NT Level.

2) why are we playing with 3 center mids and 1 striker? that sounds too defensive to me. And after analyzing this game, for the few opportunities Jaime Ayovi had up front, he did the best he could. I honestly think he plays bettter on the NT than Toluca. Had Felipe been up front and Montero started this could have been a different story. Anyways, Ruedas crowding the mid with players who have better defensive qualities and recover the ball better than guide the team into an attacking mode. It's either Saritama-Noboa or Castillo-Noboa (although they both underperformed today). 4-4-2!!! no more
    of that damn 4-5-1 crap.

3) and finally, Rueda needs to take advantage of the qualities these players have. Ecuador is a team that is used to playing at a fast pace. That's where u take advantage of the Guerrons, Valencias, Monteros, Arroyos, Benitez. and even Jc Paredes, and Nazareno along with the rest of the team. Vizuete knew how to use all this to his advantage and Rueda has to do the same. That's how you create spaces to shoot from close range and long distance. that's how you break your opponents defense apart. That's how you wear them out and win games. That slow inaccurate futbol I saw today is gonna kill us. WTF IS Rueda doing.

Let's all imagine a game for Qualifiers in el Atahualpa playing at this pace and inaccuracy. We will get destroyed

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Hopefully the press starts sharpening their knives. Rueda might not even survive to see the Copa America.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    if he continues to have bad games like that along with a bad Copa America that should be game over for him and the return of Vizuete.

the problem before was that we did not have a good pair of strikers and a bad defense. now our problems go beyond that: we are playing horribly. at least before we gave a good espectaculo. Now it's just disgusting to see how we play.

8. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can't say I was surprised. What I saw today was exactly what I expected.

9. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    are they going to replay the game sometime today? I missed the game and i still want to see it even if we played horrible

10. HTOWNKING

HTOWNKING Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Rueda always seemed to do good in the teams he coached. In Honduras he is an idol, and in Colombia, nobody can really understand why he got fired after the qualifiers =/

11. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Rueda coached honduras against bullshit competition ! It seems like he doesn't know anything about OUR futbol or OUR players ! He's gonna have to really impress me at the copa america to get me and many others to believe in him , and that I don't see happening

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The only reason he qualified with Honduras is because Jonathan Bornstein scored a last-minute tying goal against Costa Rica. The US was already qualified and were playing for pride at that point. That's called LUCK. That put Honduras in third and sent Costa Rica to the playoff, where they were of course easily defeated by Uruguay.

Honduras has some of the best attacking talent in the hemisphere. Suazo, Pavon, Palacios, Figueroa, Guevara, and a few other younger guys...there was no reason for them to struggle so badly in the qualifiers against a renovating Costa Rica, and underperforming Mexico. Then the World Cup was really embarrassing and shameful. 3 losses and 0 goals...that's the type of thing that makes it difficult for CONCACAF to even retain a 3rd spot in the WC, let alone a playoff and possible 4th. I don't blame the players, I blamed the coach. Besides Spain, that group was not impossible, Switzerland and Chile were nothing to be scared of.

I didn't really pay attention to his time in Colombia, but obviously it wasn't successful, as Colombia hasn't really been a contender in a while, despite having a lot of quality players to choose from.

Sorry for Rueda, but Ecuador has high expectations. We expect to finish top 5 in CONMEBOL, and given the quality of our players we expect to play good football. What we've seen so far is a guy that looks like he has no understanding of our players, their abilities, or their mentality.

13. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Disappointing game to say the least. The problems I saw was we were playing very nervous the whole time. We werent collected making smart plays and that is what I blame on the coach. I also would of liked to see some more changes around 10 minutes into the second game. However, at athe end of the day the players are the ones that have to perform and deliver on the game plan.

I think the main player who influenced the game was Luis Saritama. He was all over the field and was always with the ball or going for the ball. But with all his hussle he lacks the control and vision to make things happen. Clearly a midfileder with playmakin ability is what we were missing.

As far as the announcers it was horrible. They kept calling anyone with dark complexion Valencia. I was so annoyed not to mention just some of the analysis it was beyand listening to.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we have a midfielder with playmaking abilities...that's Edison Mendez.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    It goes back to tactics, though. When you put 3 defensive midfielders out there in the middle of the field, that's exactly what to expect. A lot of marking and tackling. Not much passing and moving. That's what our guys were doing the ENTIRE first half. Then in the 2nd half, it was obvious some things changed and players were given instructions and started to move the ball well. But we were already down 1-0 at that point.

Rueda needs to actually WATCH these players at their clubs, and some old videos from 2010 qualifying and friendlies. Everybody on these boards has been watching all these players for years, and so for us, when we see Castillo, Saritama and Noboa in the same lineup, it's like WTF????? But could it be maybe Rueda is just figuring this out??

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sryy but Saritama sucks...always has. Just my opinion :p.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i think Saritama has progressed in the last 2-3 years in his career. His leadership in deportivo Quito has helped him mature. I think he could possibly be labeled as a late bloomer just like Walter Ayovi was. Saritama
    has always been a good club team player but never impressed in the NT, but since the last 4 friendlies or so that I've seen him play he's done exceptionally well in all of them. IMO Valencia and Saritama were the best two players on the field from our side. From first half to second half. The problem is there was no PLAY MAKER. There MUST BE someone with those qualities on the field whether it's Mendez, Luis Bolanos, or Miller Bolanos. IMO all these guys have a similar style of playing. Ecuador has always had that type of player in the starting 11 since we've gone to a world cup. This time should be no different.

Like I said, I like Arroyo but if I were to choose between him, Mendez, Luis Bolanos, or Miller he'd be the last of my options. It's a tough decision but I'd definitely do it. or at least have Mendez play beside Noboa plus have Arroyo on the left. That'd be the ideal thing to do.

We are going no where with 3 defensive mids and no play maker. F*ck that!

18. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You must've not watched the game on Saturday..

19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I watched Saritama run around like crazy doing nothing. He might have played his heart out but he is not good enough for the NT. Anyone that touched him knocked him down like nothing so he lost the ball easily.

If he gets better than he might be good enough to be in the bench and come in as a sub. He will not be a starter in the NT though.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Saritama is a good player, and has really improved his performances on the NT. The problem is, he does so much, that you almost need to build the team around him. Dep. Quito did this, and won the championship. He was their playmaker and everything revolved around him. On the NT level, Saritama is not quite good enough to play this role. So, unfortunately, it forces the question of whether we need him at all?? I think with the return of Benitez, Caicedo, Arroyo and Guerron we will have enough guys who can generate offense, and keep Noboa and Castillo as the enforcers in the center.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

y pegando mucho, en vez de desarrollar un juego mas fluido y de menos choke!

22. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it was a disgusting performance