Ecuador vs Colombia/Domingo Junio 10, 4:00pm (hora Local)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Jun 4, 2012.

1. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Benitez best player eva!!!! Gol hp

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    He's in a league of his own . :speechless:

3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    oh :poop: ... Saritama in for Montero.... Erazo doing good...

Luigi408 repped this.
  4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously Valencia is just eating the right side alive. Saritama in?! For Montero?! Fuuuuu!

5. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Saritama and now Benitez is a lone striker. Back to the terrible lineup from last week.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just waiting for that 90th minute gol from Colombia.

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's a yellow card but a red?! Wtf ref!

8. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a crappy game! Benitez scored, but he is still a ball hog.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    arbitro hijo de puta

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador! Ecuador! Yey!

11. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    We won ! :cry: Benitez and Noboa out for next game because of accumulation of yellows.

5 games 9 points :eek:

12. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colombia gave Ecuador this game but kudos to the defrense

13. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Standings:
    ____________G-Pts-GD
    1. Chile _______6 12 +1
    2. Uruguay_____5 11 +7
    3. Argentina ___ 5 10 +7
    4. Ecuador _____5 9 0 (equivalent to 2 wins and 3 ties)
    5. Venezuela ____6 8 -2
    6. Colombia _____5 7 0
    7. Bolivia _______6 4 -4
    8. Paraguay _____5 4 -5
    9. Perú ________5 3 -4

Next game September: Ecuador vs Bolivia (en el Ataualpa)

14. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice that we won and all, but I am not getting excited about a damn thing. All our goals are made out of luck! It's not like Benitiz can settle the ball down and actually kick it in. I am happy that we won, but Rueda has to go!

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hahaha I don't get how Colombia is ranked higher than Ecuador. Ecuador dominated the whole mid field and with out crappy defense they didn't do crap. They just suck they didn't give the game to us. We are just better than them.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i don't know about you guys, but im not the least bit happy about how we played. The only people that played decently well are the 4 defenders and Valencia. The stand outs were Juan carlos Paredes and Valencia. Everyone else was sh*t, especially Noboa. Benitez wasn't as good as people here are making it seem. Besides that foul, Dominguez played better. Although he wasn't really tested. I hope Banguera regains his form so he can get his spot back. Castillo was mehh, Montero had 2 good plays and that was it. Rojas had 1 and nothing else besides that. Saritama was garbage and Mendez didn't really do much either.

We had possibly the most aggressive line up but the WORST style of playing I have ever seen. Reinaldo Rueda GTFO!!! God, I cannot stand us playing like this. Same sh*t when we played Peru. That slow, passive, boring futbol. Chile will stomp us out if we play like this. And we're supposed to beat Argentina and Uruguay playing like this??? LOL no way.

17. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    You guys were the better team today. I will give you that. Kudos.

Outside of Quito though Colombia pretty much owns Ecuador so that could be a reason out of many reasons they are ranked higher.

18. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Next Games:

Sept. 7 Bolivia (home),

Sept.11 Uruguay (away)

Oct.12 Chile (home)

Oct. 16 Venezuela (away)

Format

The format for CONMEBOL's 2014 World Cup qualifying tournament is identical to the previous four editions. All CONMEBOL national teams will play against each other twice on a home-and-away basis in a single group for 4.5 allotted berths. The top four teams will automatically qualify for the finals. The fifth-placed team will compete in the intercontinental play-offs against the winning third-placed team from the AFC's World Cup qualifying tournament. The order of matches is identical to that of the 2006 and 2010 tournaments. AsBrazil have qualified automatically as hosts, one team will have a bye on the date they would normally be scheduled to play Brazil.

19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah Ecuador needs to improve a lot I agree. My favorites were the 4 defenders but i'm more impressed by Paredes. That guy busted his ass like crazy. Ran up and down and was really solid on defense. He and Valencia make a really good combo. For me, I thought the best middle field guy was Castillo.

Next game should be interesting who we call up to play FWs since Benitez is out. I hope we don't call Yoya though because I think there are better FWs in Ecuador.

20. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Don't be so negative, a win is a win here in mexico in brazil or la conchinchina it's 3 pts all the same ;)

21. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I thought Castillo and Noboa played well. Montero and Rojas had flashes but didnt impress at all (that shot in the 1H that he sent to Riobamba should've been a goal). Solid back four. Paredes has promise, we need some fine tuning and we should be ok.

Not impressed by our game. I'll take the 3pts but I can guarantee ARG, URU, CHI watched this game and are probably thinking 'we can beat these guys in Quito'.

We need to pummel Bolivia. 5 or 6 goals to make up for the beating in Argentina and to get more confident in our attack.

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'll take the 3 points. There's still a lot to work on. One thing's for sure - we do not play pretty football. This was probably the ugliest game I've seen us win. Even the goal was scrappy, and at first I thought it was offsides. I guess Rueda survives another day.

23. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    We need a better coach, period. We need better forwards for the next games.
    Caicedo, Bieler, Barcos and Mina need to be called up.

my line up for next game vs. Bolivia:
    Banguera

Paredes Campos Erazo Ayovi

Valencia Castillo Mendez Montero

Caicedo Mina

24. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Paredes Played well , i prefer him to Achi. Paredes offers way more going forward and is quick enough to get back. Him and Valencia pair up nicely

The back 4 were solid today .
    W.Ayovi ...... you can tell his time is passing by . He gets beat to the ball a lot and seems to have lost some pace .

Castillo was a rock, but i hated those long range attempts.
    Noboa.......... que le esta pasando a este man?

El Jeff , he played real well in the first, had a lot of energy and was very creative. Should have done better with his chance tho .

Rojas....... meh. Nothing special . He did link up nicely with Chucho tho.

Valencia [​IMG]. Just give him the ball, and he will make shit happen . Loved the way he drifted towards the middle .

Chucho....... went back to his ball hogging ways. But he earned us 3pts . Cant really complain .

Rueda : finally picked a good starting 11 . But that doesnt matter much when we play his shitty ********en style . We look so passive , no drive . No movement . Nada . ********en horrible .

25. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Seleccion Ecuatoriana de futbol baila en Bus