Ecuador VS Chile. Agosto 15, Fecha FIFA, New York City.

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Jun 14, 2012.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just re-watched this game, I ask, are we totally Valencia dependent? I mean, when he plays well the entire team plays well, Good to see JC Paredez playing the way he is, we havent had a good right back since Reasco's good days (De la Cruz before him) and I admit that I am not a fan of la Yoya but he keeps on proving himself in the NT, I also have criticized Dominguez every chance I get but he came through when needed so no complaints this time, Rueda? I did not like his call ups one bit, but the team played well and he is letting Montero start on the left flank which we all knew (or wanted) that would happen, specially since Fidel Martinez is getting benched and Suarez will be out 2-3 weeks. Mina did alright by me its just that I cant help but to think of him as an inferior version of Benitez, short, bulked, fast (not as fast) , decent header but Benitez has a better outside shot.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you said it bro. last time we tied 1-1 in Buenos Aires. Doesn't neccessarily mean it's always going to happen but we were able to do it with a defensive line that was old. Yet somehow Vizuete knew how to establish a solid team that could obtain positive results when playing away against the strongest teams in the CONMEBOL. I'm not bashing Rueda because he didn't leave Buenos Aires with a tie, I'm more concerned on his train of thought and why he benched a player like Erazo and put Guagua in the defense instead. Or why Pedro Quinonez and Saritama started the game? And why he only called up 2 strikers and left us naked for the game against Colombia where Benitez was the only striker we had when he knew Jaime Ayovi had a yellow before even going into the game vs. Argentina. It's those amateur mistakes this man makes that make me doubt how "good" he really is. The Qualifier is almost half way done and the only game where we've displayed the type of futbol that most of us will appreciate is that friendly against Chile. Rueda hasn't really discovered a single player in this NT besides Frickson Erazo, something that Suarez, Bolillo and Vizuete all did. Each one of them introduced/gave an opportunity to a few important players to the NT that we have til this day. The "easier part" of the Qualifier is almost over, the second half of it is when Ecuador is tested to the fullest @ home against the best of the conmebol and away against teams like Bolivia and Peru where we are forced to bring back 6 pts. More pressure, meaning less errors. Those games will determine how people really feel towards Rueda. And like he said- we'll only believe in him and his crew when he takes us to the World Cup. And honestly, most of us expect more than just making it out the group stage this time.

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Great round for Ecuador. Poor officiating on both matches but most important they keep the momentum. Now to the real test. Is Ecuador resilient enough to win a match, albeit at home, without Valencia and all he brings with him? BTW, I think Valencia came Sooooooo CLOSE to actually hitting the ref after that poorly called red card.