Ecuador v. Venezuela - 2014 World Cup Qualifying - October 7, 2011 - Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Oct 5, 2011.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our players =10/10
    Rueda= no credit for this win. suck it b*tch!!!

Our players played the way they wanted to. Like people on here said earlier: with "ganas". F*ck whatever Rueda stands for. These guys went out for the win b/c they believe in themselves and want to make it happen for the NT, not b/c Rueda has done anything spectacular or out of the ordinary to make this team connect like it did today. No credit for your b*tch ass Rueda, this was all our boys. It's clear as day. When it matters (aka the Qualifiers), our players will do it all to display great futbol.

I can't say how freakin happy i am that both of our strikers scored. Valencia played like i haven't seen him play in forever. Outstanding.

But, we can't celebrate too much. Our real tests will be against Paraguay, in our first away game. That will be a big test to our defense even though Paraguay doesn't have a strong offensive team. We'll see how Rueda can set up a great scheme in that game to prove if that idiot is worth a cent.

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just saw the 1st half. Anyone got a link where we can watch it again?

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Valencia set the bar high....

Banguera 9
    W Ayovi 8
    Erazo 9
    Campos 8
    Paredes 8
    Saritama 7
    Noboa 9
    Suarez 8
    Valencia 10
    J Ayovi 8
    Chucho 8
    Arroyo 8
    A Bolanos 6
    Mendez 6

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    This.

It's so important for any team for the strikers to get confidence. If we are gonna qualify, we need both of these guys on form. They should have scored more, but the key thing is that as a team we created chances and we didn't let the nerves and pressure start to play a factor. And with each of Benitez and Ayovi scoring, that's less pressure for them to deal with.

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I feel like Benitez had pressure on him from the past Qualifier. Jaime Ayovi felt that noob pressure of someone who's never played a game this intense in his life. And the fact that BOTH of them scored on the first game just gives them a huge confidence boost. Winning that game was important, but winning with both goals from these two guys is just the best thing you could possibly ask for. Especially for Jaime. Benitez never had that beginners luck last qualifier. 2nd half both strikers missed a lot of shots, but hopefully they can fix that. The defense wasn't really pressured so its hard to say they did great, but everyone was solid yesterday.

8. Ecuakid1

Ecuakid1 Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    lol wow....im not really defending rueda but its the same in every sport...when the team wins the coach/manager didnt really do anything but if the team loses then its the coach's fault...

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda will recieve credit when I see Ecuador get positive results in away games AND win every single home game. Otherwise, he can suck it b/c he's garbage.

10. Ecuakid1

Ecuakid1 Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    yea your right the game against paraguay should show us where were really at...a draw in that game would be fine if not a win..paraguay have fallen off a bit

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I have a feeling there's more to this story...Guerron probably wasn't too happy to not even be on the bench. He was quoted in the press as saying he was trying hard to get in the starting 11.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lots of people are saying that. I want to hear Rueda say what really happened. Until now, what the media says is that he forgot his visa. I hope he didn't throw a fit though man, he's gotta be patient and understand that if he throws fits he's gonna end up like Felipe Caicedo. Out of the NT's plans. And we honestly need both of them.

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Y pensar que le apostabas a venezuela, para que echaran a rueda - DE LOCAL

AHORA cambias el tema y debe ganar de visitante? como si fuera facil en conmebol...... esos son terrenos de argentina o brazil, que los otros 8 de la confederacion no pueden garantizar....haste el empate es muy dificil

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    look, whether we won 10-0 or 2-0 against venezuela it doesn't change my opinion on Rueda. I'll only change my opinion 3 years from now (if he's even around anymore) if he gets us to the WC. And even then i'd still have my doubts about what type of ugly, defensive, unproductive futbol he'd plan on displaying at the cup. The fact that Ecuador won yesterday doesn't change anyone's opinion yet. AND YES, I am saying that he better freakin get some positive results outside of Quito too. Everyone knows we can play good futbol at home, but I want to see if Rueda can do what Vizuete did and get results against giants like Uruguay and Argentina. Shoot, asking for him to get results in Paraguay isn't even too much to ask for. If anything, the only two countries where i feel we can get some results in any away games are vs. Paraguay and Bolivia. The two worst of the CONMEBOL IMO. Vizuete managed to do this when Benitez and Felipe Caicedo were in diapers and Hurtado and La sombra were holdin an old man's cane on nursery home status. Let's see what Don Reinaldo can do next month.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    WTF... un 2-0 empezando eliminatoria es 'poco productivo'

?

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda sucks. Admit it and agree. And never did I say defeating Venezuela was unproductive. I just said it doesn't change my opinion on Rueda. And yes, he did display ugly and unproductive futbol at the WC. Go back and watch Honduras play.

Let's see what your favorite coach can do in Asuncion next month. A tie is not a lot to ask for w/ the team we have. like i said before, Vizuete did it away vs. strong opponents w/ forwards that were still in diapers and defenders that were ready to hit nursey homes.

17. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007

Well said my good man! Also I wanted to add that we "SHOULD" beat a B team in our house in the altitude! Thats what should be the norm and we should have scored more.

Reinaldo Rueda debió aprovechar todas las ocasiones de gol ante “una Venezuela que no vino a proponer nada y que nunca llegó (al arco de Máximo Banguera). Hay que mejorar”, expresó Vizuete.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Venezuela just beat Argentina

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i just saw that game Argentina was completely lost the 2nd half. I was blown. I was hoping they could get the tie at the end but with that futbol it wasn't going to happen.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think Argentina is going to struggle to qualify, just like they did in 1994 when they needed Diego to play against Australia. Normally, I would want them to win every game against our direct rivals, but now I see we have to think of them as another direct rival.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela= direct rivals for us. Uruguay and Chile are most likely gonna occupy the the top three spots, Uruguay probably ending up as the best. I honestly think Paraguay and Bolivia pose little to no threat this time.

Out of Ecuador, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela- two will qualify directly along w/ Chile and Uruguay. And the other will get that 5th place play off position. And so far I've seen Peru as the most dangerous of the 5 w/ lots of potential to qualify directly.

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Why Chile?? They have some strong offensive players, but defensively they give up a lot of goals. I see them in the middle pack as direct rivals.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Peru's got some really porous defense though...and Chile is up there, too. I'm not saying that we are better than any team, but we sure can be competitive if we can keep our defense as solid as it's been. Erazo, Achilier and Morante need to continue developing chemistry becuase as of right now they seem to be the undisputed starters on defense.

24. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I just think that we match up well against Chile and Peru. Both are teams our guys can dominate physically. We will use this to our advantage when we play away. And in Quito we use our speed on the wings like we did with Venezuela.

Organized defense, physical play, and fast counterattacking - this is nothing new, this is the style we've had for years, it just has taken Rueda over 1 year to figure it out.

25. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    But, Rueda is Chiribolla's puppet and probably will be going with Paredes, Campos Erazo and Ayovi who did OK against Venezuela. But, I agree we need a solid defense against Paraguay and we should have Achiller and Morante in there. crossing fingers. :cool:

hmmmm... what would Fergie do ? use Achiller and Morante in away games.
    and when we play at home switch to Paredes and Campos.

also switch the offense with Montero and Guerron in away games to Arroyo and Mendez at home.