Ecuador v. Venezuela - 2014 World Cup Qualifying - October 7, 2011 - Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    07 October 2011
    Ecuador v. Venezuela
    Quito, Ecuador
    Local Time 16:05
    Estadio Olimpico Atahualpa
    Referee: Enrique OSSES (CHI)

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    ---------------------Jaime Ayoví - Christian Benítez

Cristian Suárez , Cristian Noboa, Segundo Castillo, Antonio Valencia

Walter Ayoví, Frickson Erazo, Jairo Campos, Gabriel Achilier

--------------------------- Máximo Banguera

3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    OR​

______________Michael Arroyo - Cristian Suárez

Jéfferson Montero , Cristian Noboa, Segundo Castillo, Joffre Guerrón

Walter Ayoví, Frickson Erazo, Eduardo Morante , Antonio Valencia

_________________Alexander Domínguez

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    looks like the line up is gonna be what everyone basically predicted, besides the fact that Jairo Campos is starting which IMO is reallly random. Jairo has not been at his best this year, but hopefully he can pull through and play like he used to play back in Liga.

Banguera; JC Paredes, Campos, Erazo, W.Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Castillo, Suarez; Benitez, J. Ayovi

Good luck to this team! And i'll set a good number of extra prayers aside for JC Paredes hoping he doesn't screw up.

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I also find it odd that Campos is starting alonside Erazo. They have never played together and its a gutsy move that can backfire. But with Rueda you never know the actual lineup right up until game time. As for Paredes, maybe he can be a recipient of beginners luck (1st WCQ). lol Hopefully the lineup that we tommorow is:

Banguera, Achilier, Erazo, Morante, W. Ayovi, Castillo, Noboa, Valencia, Suarez, Benitez, J. Ayovi.

6. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, there you go.

Castillo is suspended for the next two qualifier games and dumbasses called him up without knowing/checking/making sure. Not real backup for him, since Pedro Quiñonez slept with Ruedas' mom or something....Bolaños? Saritama? Mendez? Who replaces Castillo?

Thumbs up Chiriboga, great job.

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Morons...

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The FEF are the BIGGEST BUNCH OF IDIOTS!! omg! how the hell did they call up Segundo Castillo when he wasn't even gonna be able to play these games. MY GOD, only they would do something so amateur, unprofessional, and ridiculous like this. They are seriously not aware of ANYTHING. Don't know jack SH*T about anything. So frustrating that we have to depend on these morons to run our NT.

and of course now the almighty Saritama is here to the rescue ready to start tomorrow.

9. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just curious, what is your guys opinion of Saritama? Personally I'm a bit confused, is he really NT material? I can't really give a proper analisis of his game since I haven't seen him much. The few times I saw him on the NT it was against weak opponents and he did alright. I would just like you guys insight since he seems to be a regular now on the NT and might start against Venezuela, so be honest is he a good player can he contribute to the NT in an important game like this?

10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    WOW there's no end to the FEF'S ineptitude, seriously ,who are the morons responsible for these amateurish mistakes.whats next, their bus is rerouted to latacunga to avoid traffic..:confused:

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The FEF is irresponsible. They should have known this about Castillo months in advance prior to making the official list of seleccionados. This is ridiculous, that's one less player. Someone else could have filled that spot like Fernando Gaibor who has been absolutely outstanding in Emelec.

And Saritama is just a club team player. He's like David Quiroz. Both of them stand out in their club teams, but aren't anywhere near the level they display in their clubs when they play for the NT. Saritama will have maybe 1 or 2 games where he'll do good in the NT then the other following 10 games of his will suck. Same with Quiroz. I've noticed it w/ both of them which is why it bothers me that they are even considered anymore. We're lucky Qurioz has been benched for a while now in Emelec, or else he would have been in the NT instead of Guerron or even Montero. I do not know what Rueda has seen in either of them at all. and like i've mentioned before, Fernando Gaibor is THAT man for the NT to play along with Noboa. I'd say even over Segundo Castillo. The kid has incredible stamina, agressiveness, and speed. He's for sure NT material and i can place a bet on that.

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Anybody else having audio problems with elastillero.tv?

13. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    haha now watch saritama score then we'll be hearing "wheel" talk about how he is ecua futbols savior or something crazy dumb.

14. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    20 mins in.

Ayovi scored. Looking good alla around.

15. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Jeff Montero can really do damage to this Venezuela team, I really hope Rueda brings him on for the 2nd half.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Did you guys see what Erazo just did in the 80th minute????????????????????

17. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    All I gotta say is...everytime we beat Venezuela 2-0 in Quito, we qualify to the World Cup....

18. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    and we start off on a good note ... thank god !

19. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've been reading for the last X months the pure hatred toward Rueda. Some of us Colombianos (like Efe) have noted that he's a proven DT. So what's the verdict? All of you were ready to burn the guy alive?

20. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    \what did he do\?
    I m so glad we got off to a fine start! too bad i missed the game! anyon who watched can please do a player ratings?

21. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I had trouble viewing the stream it seemed we played good at times and bad at other times but we won which is what matters we really needed this win. I thought for a moment there when we started missing chances it was gonna burn us in the end but thank god we stayed focused and got 3 points.

One thing I didn't like were the substitutions... why not bring in Montero for Benitez... I think Benitez missed some good chances not only to score but to assist as well his decions sometimes irks me butttttt he did score a nice goal so can't complain too much.

22. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia in the first half. It was like we went back in time and brought back the same Valencia from his first season in Man Utd, making left-backs look like little kids and providing all those pin-point crosses to Rooney.

The only difference I saw tonight was that our players played with ganas for a change, and I give Rueda absolutely zero credit for that. Our players did it for their country and their fans.

If we want to qualify for the world cup, all of our opponents better be equal to Venezuela or worse. If it weren't for Rueda we could've easily beaten Venezuela 5-0 today.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just saw it on soccerclips.net, I wish we had el Tin but good for Benitez and Ayovi.

24. Ecuakid1

Ecuakid1 Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    stop complaining...a win is a win...

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito