Ecuador v Paraguay, 01/04/2009 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by GW Emperor, Mar 30, 2009.

1. nickel81

nickel81 New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Munich
    i don't know, what'll happen. Probably we are out the w champioship. I live in Germany, and i haven't see the tri. Most i know is from internet.
    From what i've heard, ecuador plays very well. I mean, they made look brazil like it was aucas (no offence). And we definitely don't have the same luck like the others 2 qualifiers (perhaps cevallos should place behind the net, a 2L can of leche :)). Which, in my opinion, we did not play half as good as we're playing right now (not counting the games with suarez). For instance, we made points outside. Remenber against argentine. The last qualifier, we defeated only bolivia.

Everything has changed and that's one of the reasons, why suarez did horrible. I mean, looking at team, we have lot of players in europe or so, who actually do their jobs pretty good in really competive enviroments.

Ecuador has had bad luck with venezuela, colombia, chile (we did win that, but we should did it with least 4-0, and no 1- 0), bolivia (the same as chile), brazil and paraguay.

SSo, what i think, one can not blame the strikers. When one look at the stats, everyone had chances (only the grandpas not. I mean, defence).

In my opinion, the altitude of quito is also playing against us. Besides, the obvious effects that theplayer tires a lot quicker because there isnt a lot of oxegyn, there is also the physist part. There, the gravity is a tiny less than normal and, because he air is thinner, the resistence against air isnt normal. But again its only a little less. So, with te same power, they shoot at airoplanes.

2. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think they should play a game in Guayaquil! With all of the players outside of the country this could be an opportune time to try a game para los costeños. I mean could you image Monumental full of 90,000 consteños!! That would be awesome to see if it would happen. Quito does work quite well, but it would be nice to let the Monumental have a shot. I just don`t know if the FEF has rights or would have to pay.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    they have to pay because it's a privately owned stadium...
    the only place the FEF can use is the alberto spencer i think....and that has a smaller capacity than the atahualpa if i can remember correctly.

4. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    didn't we used to play in guayaquil back in the day (50s , 60s)? i remember reading that those games never went too well for us. face it, we cant win at home with the altitude, we cant win without the altitude.. we should just play in outer space. lol

5. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    No aprendes cholito, acuerdate que todavia tienen que ir a jugar a Medallo!

See ya there!;)

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Haha I was one of those ppl who said SCREW PLAYING BEAUTIFULLY and watching Benitez and Guerron get through all Brazil's team like children. BECAUSE I KNEW that it wasn't going to work against Paraguay. That type of bs doesn't win you games. Ecuador didn't play this beautifully last qualifiers did they? We just played as a team, not as show offs, and did our jobs which was to WIN. This ecuador with the so called "modern" type players just plays to dribble and dance with the ball, and that is all they are good at...they forgot that scoring is the whole point of the game.

And your 100% correct. Both Brazil and ESPECIALLY Paraguay waited until we got tired and THEN they attacked. and on top of that they brought in 3 players that are used to playing in high altitude (in mexico) to top everything off. If anything Tata Martino was really smart.

7. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No hable nada antes de este partido, mas bien fue luego del partido de Brasil....y ademas no se pq estas tan picado en contra mia.....hace unos dias me insultaste y todo. Pero yo soy mas que eso y no te voy a insultar porque ademas no me afectan en nada esos insultos como te dije escondidos detras de una pantalla. Tuvieron suerte ayer pero Paraguay es un gran equipo. Asi habla una persona decente....felicitaciones.

8. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    jajajaja cholito dice! Si soy mas fino que tu ve rosca narcotraficante. Mido 1.90 y soy medio europeo no como tu, bajado del monte y lavando platos en NY lejos de tu tierra :D
    Y que hermoso es ser Ecuatoriano, al menos la gente tiene el estereotipo nuestro de las islas Galapagos y no de la cocaina y la delincuencia jaja :p
    Y si yo se que aun tenemos que jugar en la tierra guerrillera pero tranquilo que es el partido que menos me preocupa. Nos nos ganan ni a bala jejejeje.....

9. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Cholito ese dia le hare un quote a este post, relajese y comase un cuy mientras tanto....y paselo con una cervecita colombiana...!

10. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Que rico un cuy y una colombiana tambien, tu hermana por ejemplo :D
    Pero una cerveza colombiana? Ni cagando, Pilsener le culea a cualquier cerveza guerrillera jaja...

11. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    oye parcerito...porke le contestas al loko spencer pero conmigo te ahuevas porke?? me tienes meido??

12. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Y vos no sabes que la pilsener es colombiana? No sabes de quien es esa empresa mijo? Bavaria de colombia es duenha de las cervecerias de Ecuador y de Peru desde hace mas de 15 anhos, por eso te digo que disfrutes tu cuy con una cervecita colombiana.;)

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    retarded argument....Anheuser Busch owns the Stella Artois and Tiger Beer...from Belgium and Singapore, respectively and they're not American brands, they have an umbrella ownership of a large multinational corporation but they still hold national identity. I have yet to see an advertisement saying Cerveza Pilsener, puro sabor Colombiano

14. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    actually your all wrong, bavaria of colombia used to own Ecuador's pilsener but the birtish came in and bought over half of the beer companies of the world including half of the beers from south america

that beer you drink with such pride of being either ecuadorian or colombian actually makes the brits richer by the minute!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABMiller

15. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeap, the recipe is ours, who cares who owns it ;)

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the point is it doesn't matter who owns Pilsener..its an Ecuadorian company owned by a multinational corporation...it has Ecuador in its roots and the identity of the brand is to Ecuador, not the brits.

17. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    if i own your house, then its not your house (recipe included)

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    oh so again, is Stella Artois no longer a Belgian beer???

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    InBev now ownes Beck's Beer but it will always be Bremen pride!!

20. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    stella, today, is crap! and no, its not the same recipe it used to be and im sure belgians disown it.....have you ever had the large aray of belgian beers, their quality....just from the way stella tastes today you can tell it no longer is belgian!

21. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You can "own" it but it was MADE here, so it was invented here and it's part of our tradition even if someone else buys it :) We are not gonna give up on something that's ours even if someone else owns it. Lol i honestly don't even care about that as long as the same old Ecuadorian made recipe is still used... Am I getting part of the profit anyways? No ;)

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    en el area de NSR tenemos un thread dedicado a la cerveza suramericana
    y las conecciones recientes a la compañia que las adquirio (grande en surafrica tambien!!)

por eso es importante ir al WC.....mas platica e incentivos.

MOds note: ojo con los insultos.

23. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i was thiking the exact same thing la sombra is an idiot whats wrong with the guy he should have stood his ground and marked the forwards instead of pulling off a stupid move like trying to clear the ball out with a slide tackle what was he thinking he could have even scored an own goal and become the next andres escobar ..u never know. imo........but now on another note its nothing new because most defensive mistakes are always caused by la sombra besides the time hurtado missed the header agisnt argentina which lead to the tie in buenos aires but anyway this isnt the first time la sombra screws up..agisnt venezeula he didnt jump for the header to clear the throw in and then boom...GOAL for venezeula..and i cud go on an on but this would take all night so i rathe r not