Ecuador NT where do we stand?

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Oct 26, 2010.

1. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I actually see that happening but according to some articles I've read Plata is becoming a star at Toronto FC. I don't know if that means anything since its the MLS, but hopefully he gains confidence cuz Liga needs these type of players right now.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've also heard some rumblings that he's impressed in his short time there. I know that MLS is not a top flight league but at the same time they have resources at their disposal that Ecuadorean teams don't have. The U.S has some of the best strength and conditioning, fitness, and nutritional staffs in the world. And he gets to play in a foreign market which could serve him well if he ever makes a move somewhere else.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hahahaha this had me laughing for a few minutes. I agree with you. I actually think he's that stupid.

When Plata shows up to join the rest of the team Rueda's gonna be like "who the hell are you?!"

But all jokes aside, i think the only reason he called Joao Plata up is b/c of visa problems that lots of our players had (one reason Quiroz didn't get called up). And aren't we playing a game in Canada against the Canadian NT? Well Joao plays in Toronto FC and he's doing pretty good there so I guess that explains why.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Honestly, it's kind of funny but it made me think. One of my biggest complaints about what I've seen from Rueda so far is that he simply doesn't seem to know much about our players. This goes back to a thread started last year (https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1561558) after the games vs. Colombia and Venezuela. Playing guys out of position, making subs of players with totally different characteristics, playing guys together that normally play the same position...these are strange things that you can only expect from someone that's never even watched these guys play on TV.

Meanwhile, Joao Rojas has been one of the sensations of the Mexican league this year, his team made it to the final, he scored and assisted several key goals on the way. But he gets left off the team, and instead another guy named Joao, who has had a few good games in the MLS, but has absolutely no pedigree at this level, gets called up?? I personally like what I've seen from Plata, but the only way he's going to be included in the Copa America squad is if he kills it in these next 3 friendlies, and I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt that will happen.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I read somewhere that Joao Rojas along with Quiroz were two players who didn't make the team b/c of some problems with their visa. Same issue Achillier had when Rueda tried to include him due to Guagua's injury. But who knows if Rojas or Quiroz would have been called up either way? It's goes back to passed games where he's left out Caicedo, Guerron, and even Benitez. Lot's of things he does have no explanation. And somehow he gets away with it. One thing that bothers me the most is not including Jeff Montero in any of these games. I know that was deliberately Rueda's will not to include him.

6. Matti53

Matti53 Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Norberto Araujo isn't playing in Copa America? Is this the final team that's selected?

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    no. Rueda' still trying out players. the final list will come after these next 3 friendlies

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not calling up Jeff Montero is frustrating to see the least, especially after he showed good form in with Levante. But his selection of players is worrisome. He calls up Paredes over Rojas (hopefully it was Visa problems), Guerron, and Renato Ibarra. Whats up with that?

9. Matti53

Matti53 Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Who were the CB's in these 2 friendlies against Mexico and Canada? How was their performance?

10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cuchara Caicedo and Fricson Erazo. Caicedo mediocre at best while Eraza showed some promise.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Renato Ibarra and all the U-20 players won't be taken into account. They have a World Cup to play this summer. After that World Cup, I'd say a good number of them should be candidates to be a part of this squad during the Qualifier.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lets hope so.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I hope that also includes the member of the U-20 squad named Vizuete.