Ecuador NT where do we stand?

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Oct 26, 2010.

1. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Araujo, Yes. Bieler, maybe off the bench. Barcos, No!!

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes, because Bieler is setting the Arg league on fire.:rolleyes: That's not even a good example. No thanks, I rather have Noboa, Valencia, Montero, Paredes, everyone in our midfield > Araujo, and he's ********ing 32 which will tell us that he will "make it" to Brazil.

Edit: I keep thinking Araujo is a midfielder.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did I say that I wanted him to start? NO....He should just be picked over Borja if the decision came down to it and today was the last day for a call-up. Period.

4. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Even before Borja or Bieler I think that Benitez, Caicedo, Jaime Ayovi and even Marlon De Jesus are waaaayyyy better options, I can't say anything bad about Araujo he is pretty solid in the back but It will be another Fleitas case we might be able to use him a few games but in the end how far can we go with him? like someone else said he is 32.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    http://marcador.ec/notas/2010/12/28...l-club-sport-emelec-para-la-siguiente-campana

This is a guy who had a promising start to his career, he was on the sub-20, went to play in Argentina, then went to the MLS where he was playing very well and got called up to some of the 2006 qualifiers. Tore his ACL, then he got shipped off to Argentina again where he might as well have died, because I hadn't heard about him in years.

He's a big dude, really strong but also skillful. A poor man's Felipe Caicedo, you might say ;)

Glad to see him back in Ecuador, maybe he'll get noticed again and provide yet another option up front.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    estas hablando DE ROBERTO MINA

recuerdo sus dias aca en dallas: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428527&highlight=roberto

piensas que a los 26 de edad y jugando en Emelec, pueda rehacer su carrera y regresar a la seleccion?

7. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Roberto Mina was already playing in our league last year, and there is no way he'll make it to the national team. I honestly can;t even remember him scoring for the national team. he ended last season with about 7 goals. there is too many strikers better than him Benitez, Ayovi, Caicedo, Suarez, De Jesus, Chala, Tenorio, Borja etc..

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Roberto Mina, Walter Iza, and Ronald Campos LOL Emelec is replacing Joao and Jaime with that crap. Roberto Mina has as much chance as any of these other three clowns in making it to the NT, in other words nonnne. great signings this year Emelec hahah

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So, with Benitez scoring goals left and right, Caicedo playing very well and scoring goals often, Jaime Ayovi looking quite promising along with Marlon De Jesus and with what appears to be a "rebirth" for Felix Borja, Is is crazy to assume that our scoring problems that haunted us last WCQ might be over?

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    right now Benitez is the only one that's seemed to mature at both NT and club team level. Felipe looks promising up til now with what he's doing in Levante. We can't get ahead of ourselves but hopefully we can see a change for the better in his futbol once he gets the call up. IMO, he'll show what he's capable of in the NT this year. Besides them, i think Marlon De Jesus is the most promising striker in our futbol. Ayovi's good, Borja's good. These guys are gonna be in direct competition with each other this year along with Joao Rojas and even Cristian Suarez so it's gonna be nice to watch. The good thing is that we'll see all of our forwards putting in full effort b/c Copa America is around the corner and theres a variety to choose from.

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I know, but I have to admit that me as a fan I'm feeling a little more confident about our forwards.

12. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I dont think we could get ahead of ourselves with the 7 or 8 goals caicedo has scored. I watched him play last sunday and he did very well despite not scoring but he still has a lot to proove. I believe Ayovi or Borja will be in a battle for a starting spot along benitez. IDK why many people think of rojas when we are talking about strikers, rojas started as a forward but he is no longer one he is in fact a winger now, so saying that he will have a chance along benitez isn't right.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I also never understood why some people put Rojas or even Montero in the strikers list, anyway, all I'm saying that with Benitez, Caicedo, Jaime Ayovi, Felix Borja(If improvement is consistently shown) and Marlon De Jesus (as a back-up) I feel a lot more confident going into this WCQ than at this same time 4 years ago, when we were still hoping for Carlos Tenorio to get back in shape. I mean didn't we end up calling Kaviedes?

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Looks like we wont play Mexico is March. Chiriboga says they have two friendlies planned against a European team and a Middle Eastern team. He didn't give names because they're not confirmed, but pretty soon we should know who they are.

Here's the link :

http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/19268

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'm thinking, we gotta qualify for Brazil '14. There are only 9 teams, we have to finish in the top 4, or 5th place for a playoff. That means, in all likelihood, only 4 of 10 CONMEBOL teams will NOT be in Brazil '14. Since this format was introduced for the 2002 WC, we've never finished in the bottom 4 (we were 6th place last time). And our team is just as good as ever, if not better (although we're still looking for a consistent finisher).

Statistically, the odds are in our favor...

16. Ecuakid1

Ecuakid1 Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Im pretty sure we will still play against mexico beacuse that game is scheduled for May 28th and will most likely be played in Giants Stadium again but still not confirmed.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    True. Although I'm even more concerned about the pair of central defenders that we have NOT found yet a few months away from Copa America and 7 months away from the Qualifiers. I think our problems up front with ease this time around although i can't guarantee it, it's just a feeling i have.

And I've said this plenty of times. RUEDA CALL UP EDUARDO MORANTE and even John Narvaez.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Maybe we'll play Germany or England? That'd be cool!

And maybe South Korea or Australia...

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I bet you we will play Poland again and some team like Qatar or Oman.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You're probably right....sigh.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    March friendlies ?

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    they'll be announced tomorrow i think but there will be 2 friendlies in Europe. Let's hope at least ONE of these opponents is what we consider "part of the elite". Crossing my fingers we don't play poland or bosnia or las islas feroe

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard we are playing Colombia in Madrid......

24. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    La Selección Colombia de fútbol de mayores jugará dos partidos amistosos en Madrid y Barcelona ante Ecuador y un rival por definir entre Nigeria, Camerún o Guinea Ecuatorial, según conoció hoy Caracol Radio, ante la cancelación de los compromisos ante Corea del Sur y China.

Los juegos se realizarán los días 26 de Marzo ante Ecuador en el estadio Vicente Calderón de Madrid y el 29 de Marzo en Barcelona, con un rival aún por conocer entre Nigeria, Camerún o Guinea Ecuatorial.

http://www.caracol.com.co/nota.aspx?id=1433817

25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just announced..we'll be playing Colombia and possibly Peru. Yeepeee!!!! So much for playing a country from Europe and another from Asia. Good news is that Valencia will be called up. Hopefully we can get revenge on Colombia for beating us in Jersey back in October. The second friendly is not confrimed. there's a possibility we might play an African nation. Here's hoping we play Ivory Coast, Ghana or some other competitive African NT. I'm hoping for IC tho.

http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/19458