Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nope.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Adonis Preciado seems to be in the best form of his career. It would have been interesting to see how he would have played against Chile had Sanchez called him up to the NT. He and Rodriguez could have caused some havoc.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The commentary makes it sound like if there was a game to decide the winner of the Premier League in Wembley and it's the most intense shit ever lmfao

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The can’t cross, shoot and dribble for shit. lol

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea lmao. this was one of their "better" games that got posted yesterday. I think I heard the commentator say the legendary Jorge el Pony Ladines scored the first goal and Michael Arroyo was playing in this league 4 years ago with Naranja Mekanica. That team almost got promoted to 2nd division this year.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Click bait at it's finest.

Attached Files:

cabezamagica repped this.
  7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I watch those. It’s funny as hell with the stuff they come up with.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

My Starting XI
    Nappa
    Reyes, Rangel, Quinonez, Loor
    Pluas, Zamora
    Draper, Vite, Diaz
    Obando

10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’d like to see Garcia and Ochoa get some reps. Erick Mendoza is said to be a good player.

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Those guys plus Danny coronel, Hamitlon Carcelen and Ronny Borja are great supper subs.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I find it odd that Carcelen hasn’t received an opportunity with the first team. He’s played for IDV Jrs for a few seasons now and he’s performed at that level.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I feel like our guys don’t shoot from outside anymore.

cabezamagica repped this.
  14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This season for Barcelona was bad. I knew the only thing that they cared about was that game against Liga in Quito.

tbh, I would have rather seen emelec go down than win anything this year.

15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bravo might actually start him over Draper it a really close call and can go either way. Obando is said to be injured and might not go to the U23. Justin Cuero would be a nice call but his team literally only has him and 1 other FW. Nilson Angulo was said supposed to be called up too before the list came out. There where multiple sources that confirmed his called.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Emelec descend into Serie B would have been pretty bad for our league. It would be one thing to see them go down due to financial issues like Deportivo Quito. But to go down on a competitive level with their kind of money would have been bad. I could only see 2 things happening then. Fixing games to prevent it or FEF eliminating descends this year and going out of their way to save them.

Them not getting any international tournaments is bad enough and you can still look forward to El Classico. I cant imagine our league with out it.

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    True - but there should be no sacred calfs. If the league suffers- that's fine too. It's Emelec's job to completely retool from the inside out to get out of a hole and be stronger for it.

The worst part is that by not letting it happen, the club as a whole will never overcome its issues with governance, financial management, and player development. The season, while being a failure, will be celebrated for not getting relegated- so they've essentially swept many of the problems under the rug under the guise of "next year we'll do better".

Falling, scraping the knees, getting a black eye- it's healthy if what comes out of the pain and possible humiliation is an organization/institution that can look back and say "never again". From then onward, you see them move and operate very differently.

Emelec will probably continue to endure some levels of hardship over the next few seasons.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Copa América draw will be tomorrow. Hoping we play our games on the east coast as Atlanta, Miami, and NJ are only a few hours away.

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Totally - that would make travel easier for the Ecuadorians who live in NY/NJ and FL....which is the bulk of the diaspora anyway.

Sadly, Miami will get 2 group stage games + the final, so it might be a long shot to see the seleccion here early-on.

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’m not looking forward to next season. The team may lose some important players - Leon, Chala, Cevallos. The team isn’t going to play international tournaments so money will be an issue. I don’t see them signing adequate replacements. Next season may be a long one.

21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The best thing you guys could do is get a youth oriented coach I am not a fan of Torres staying. Let the higher wage players go and run on youth players to keep salaries low. I still remember Tabare Silva last season with Deportivo Quito. They pulled so many youth players out of no where. Juan Diego Rojas, Richard Calderon, Christian Aleman. They even had a young Joao Ortiz on the team along with other names like Diego Avila, Fernando Mora.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There’s not many young talented players coming up. The only notable player is Collahuazo. At the senior team level there’s Napa and Chamba (both originally from Orense). If Emelec were to rely on players from their youth system they would go down to Serie B. The model works for IDV and Liga because they prepare their players for first team football. Their players are properly developed - they play in international competitions with club and country, they get their start in Serie B. The same can’t be said for Emelec’s young players. I don’t have high hopes for the current administration. The next couple of years may not be fun to watch.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Technically Deportivo Quito didn't have any of those players either. They went hard on low budget scouting, getting player on loan etc and they almost made it work. Tabare Silva work that season was impressive. Man I really wish Sebastián Beccacece would come to Emelec. I can see him really putting Emelec back on track with their youth divisions.

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador