Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard that Alfaro wants double his salary which would be near the $4 million mark.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    His starting salary with us was 1.6M. I assume he has an offer from and Arab/Asian Club or country and is trying to get FEF to match that offer. It aint gonna happen. I dont see anyone else trying to give him that kind of money right now. And he has no official reported or rumored offers.

I think we can get MAR with 1.6M easy.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's crackheaded to think he's worth $4m in annual salary. Didier Deschamps made $4m annually. Scaloni makes almost $3m annually. A clear indicator he's too scared to say he doesn't want the job anymore...which is sad in its own right. Cowardice at its finest.

If we committed 50% of his ask to another coach (with bonuses to expand his earnings), we can pull some really awesome talent.

JUST SAY NO.

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They can get me with 1.6 M easy. I got no experience either.

5. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Agreed. If it’s true, we should pass and get an elite coach.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Totally. Over 4 years, it's an $8M payout + bonuses.

Considering the calendar isn't requiring full commitment for 365 days of actual on-field coaching work per year, lots of the work is done back-of-house in an office, reviewing tape, traveling to watch players, scouting locally, and aligning with youth divisions for proper development and pipeline opportunities.

Each contract has an indemnity clause if someone underperforms and needs to get fired, too. These guys don't lose....except maybe reputation in the case of utter failure.

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I was hopping we can get him to renew and have a release clause that could allow us to easily sack him if he didnt have a good Copa America. But now after all this im all for going after MAR or even possibly Almada.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If 4m is what Alfaro is asking for then no shot. We can get a good coach for much less than that.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He was never to be trusted.

The "I need time" line was all I needed to draw key conclusions- he doesn't want this smoke.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’m listening to debate futbol and it seems that Barcelona? has suggested an increase in the foreign cupos to 8 because local players are too expensive. This will be bad as we can’t produce any good strikers.

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yes they released an article about that too saying it was more sustainable. We haven't been bringing big players like we used to. Alot of the foreing players have been coming are from really small teams sometimes even from Argentina B league. It was one thing for lower level teams to do this but the big teams are doing this as well. They been doing a good job for the most part and I have to say this is good scouting from them.

I don't think we should do this but in the scenario we do we should go full fledged with making Serie B a u25 league. This can really lower the wages from local players and continue to still produce young player to feed into 1st division.

I still struggle to see how are players are so expensive tho. When has this been an issue before ? Is this due to all the recent foreign interest and player moving aboard to MLS, Brazil and Europe ? Or the economic issues in the rest of South America making foreigners accept lower wages than our local players.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The US dollar and wages in Ecuador seem higher to neighboring nations + IDV setting a standard on transfer rates...it all skews the market. Only Argentina and Brazil probably have larger outsized wages on rosters. Why sell to a direct rival when you can shop these boys around in larger leagues around the world?

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    It crazy cause you always see players complain about salaries. I remember seeing a few guys talk about how the average Ecuadorian footballer doesn't really make alot of money in fact some of them end up accepting minimum wage salaries in 1st division teams just to continue playing competitively. You always hear the stories that players have 2nd jobs selling clothes, food doing miscellaneous jobs trying to sustain themselves while still trying to be a footballer.

I haven't heard those stories recently but I'm sure it still going on especially with teams facing financial issues. It probably only a select few players that have high salaries. Players that get consistently called to the national team, players that have played aboard at some point in their careers.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Inflation in Ecuador is one of the lowest in South America because of the dollar and now teams are looking into other markets as we are seeing Haitians coming to the league and also buying argentinos from their lower divisions.

https://amp.dw.com/es/américa-latina-el-costo-de-la-vida-sube-otra-vez/a-62437050

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's true. Nowadays, I don't think any player in Ecuador makes less than 3k per month. Those rates are usually set for the youngest guys. Most are probably 4k-6k monthly. I do understand the issue of competitive wages though...it's still woefully low for teams who play on TV every week in the top flight, but considering how badly managed most teams are in Ecuador, I'm not surprised there's solvency issues. First and foremost, though, ticket sales are LOWWWW. Fans here have little incentive to go see games when it's not a big rivalry or an international match. Most teams bank their budgets and salary demands on international cup prizes.

Another good point. This detail has been widely reported in Ecuadorian press, but generally speaking, even with low inflation (much of it due to government subsidies on gas and the canasta familiar), the cost of living is deceptively high. I really don't know how families make ends meet here. Not surprised that so many are desperate to immigrate.

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We will continue to see more of the same trends from big teams while IDV will continue to dominate the production of youth players. Aucas seems to be trying to aim at youth and maybe we will see some good youth players come out of El Nacional again now that they are back in 1st division.

The only upside is that I dont expect to see 8 foreigners starting for most teams and this better encourage teams to go all out in all competitions. Copa Ecuador, Liga Pro, & Copa Libertadores/ Sudamericana.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Somebody show this to Felipe.

Allan_Somewhere and LDU4ever repped this.
  20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jhegson Mendez to Sao Paolo. It would have been nice to see him go to Europe but the Brazilian league is the best league in the Americas.

Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gareca is interested in the NT job only if Alfaro says no to the NT.

22. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Napa to Emelec.

I hope they give the kid playing time and he grows well.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Their recent track record when it comes to developing young talent is poor. He would have been better off staying with Orense.

24. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Maybe it'll help him develop better since he'll be exposed to pressure.

25. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Merry Christmas everyone! Hope y'all are having a great day

The Machine repped this.