Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Almada said he wants the Uruguay job.

As for Plata, he's finally admitting some fault....
    https://mundial.futbolecuador.com/c...qatar-nos-terminamos-complicando-solos/151377

It's a step in the right direction tbh. Self reflection and auto critiquing this the only way to grow/improve.

Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea I just saw that article and one about Almada. Knowing FEF i can see how they would like a younger coach like MAR over Almada. I think the last article about him is pretty reliable and I think he is our #1 Option for now.

https://mundial.futbolecuador.com/a...le-quita-el-sueno-siendo-dt-de-pachuca/151380

4. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I wouldn't mind Ramirez as long as we can pair him with a defensive minded assistant.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pellegrini was also another option.....but I'd assume FEF will be trigger shy when it comes to trying to pay him.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wonder if this is true.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It might be, it very well might be.

Honestly, I'm not mad about it. IF Alfaro is peeved that nobody has reached out, then why did he say he needed "time" to think and reflect? We don't have to beg for him to stay, and if he wants us to, we definitely shouldn't. That's a toxic trait. He wants time, we give him time, but we're not sitting on the laurels and letting him burn out the clock either.

The FEF is out there looking for coaches to hedge bets, and honestly, I'm sure his "I need time" comment was a passive way to say that he's not coming back, and we're expected to wait around in the meantime. Alfaro was never a man with much of an authoritative presence, so his timid nature and somewhat passive demeanor now comes back to bite him in the butt. Why can't he just make a judgement call?

Regarding honorariums, I'm sure he'll get paid by the end of the year- the FEF will need to shed money off the books for accounting purposes, but why should World Cup bonuses be paid immediately after participating? Salary, yes, he'll get that. The bonus? He needs to wait it out. FIFA probably hasn't even paid out bonuses to anybody because the tournament is still running. Plus, gulf countries are notoriously slow to pay most contracted deals. I work a lot in that region, and the speed to payment is grueling.

I've seen some of the other Ecuadorian twitter feeds saying that Deller has too much power and it's a "trinca" to get IDV more authority and install a coach that will look kinder to IDV alumni....GOOD! It's the only club that's doing something positive to advance Ecuadorian football at a scalable level. The man is an entrepreneur and not a bureaucrat like most of the other stooges at the FEF. Who would they rather have at the helm alongside Egas- Dalo Bucaram?

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    His attitude did back fire on him. I agree he wanted FEF to beg and he wanted to try to negotiate a higher salary with his other offers on the table which is why he "wanted time" and was adamant about all this even before the WC. Had he gotten us out of group stage I think he would have taken a more straight forward approach rather than this but he has nothing really to negotiate with us and FEF seems like they don't want to hear anything about having to pay more and increase salaries. MAR in comparison will be a much cheaper option.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don’t think Ramirez is a good option, I just don’t think he has done enough to coach a NT.

Now with the Alfaro situation, if he needed time to decide, la Federación is in its own right to be proactive and search for new candidates.

LDU4ever repped this.
  10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    MAR has enough experience to lead the NT. If Scaloni can do it, so can he.

Young coaches tend to be bold and are willing to take risks. Plus, MAR is no shrinking violet...he brings silverware and has an unparalleled youth development pedigree. We've had more experienced coaches who have done less, and with a full cupboard of players.

They'll interview a few candidates before making a decision, but MAR will be on that list. I really wish the FEF would pay for someone like Pellegrini, but that seems like a pipe dream.

11. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't blame FEF on this one either because he said he needed time to think about but we can't let options go because he can't make a decision.

For once the board is doing the right thing and having backups ready.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    If he puts in the work like Celico and Alfaro did I think he will do fine. FEF has been modernizing alot. Alfaro had a 2 assistant coaches and a preformance analyst. I'm don't know who he would bring in his coaching staff but I would imagine some one that was from IDV at some point. But probably not Martín Anselmi.

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    FEF has modernized a lot....I agree. Data analytics will likely be a heavier push moving into the next cycle- it just seems to be an industry standard. Whoever comes in will have a lot of resources at their disposal.

The next coach will also have loftier goals set upon them.

I'd assume they'll be as follows:
    -Qualify directly for the World Cup (top 4 finish)
    -Advance to the semis in the Copa America
    -Advance to the Quarterfinals in the World Cup
    -Promote 3-4 young players to the NT
    -Increase goal per game ratio compared to the prior 4-year cycle

Some things working in favor of the NT's strategic plan that should also help the budgeting and performance:
    -World Cup prize money (creates favorable cash solvency)
    -Branding which opens doors for new sponsorship and partnership opportunities
    -Player visibility to help keep Ecuador in the spotlight
    -Possible Nations League play to help keep players honest to high outputs in what would have otherwise been friendlies and also brings in cash
    -Starting WCQ in March 2023...the squad should stay relatively sharp from participating in the WC

Real challenges:
    -Keeping Enner Valencia and finding a new goalscoring target -> Enner should stay for the time being and probably even until 2026 if he keeps performing well (and if he wants to) because this is really where we have the most risk
    -Player fitness
    -Overhauling the GK roster
    -Assigning team captaincy
    -Squad formations
    -Sending players to Europe and getting minutes
    -Mental maturity/emotional intelligence

Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  14. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Belgium really loves our players because Genk just got Alfred Caicedo from Aucas.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuadorian players fare well when they make the leap to smaller league European countries that also are known for player development. There's also less accountability because clubs know these are possible diamonds in the rough. They play at a high enough level and their next stop is Spain, England, France, Italy, or Germany....if they fail, it's back to Ecuador.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

With MAR Hopefully we can have multiple goal scorers on the team rather than keep our Enner dependency or just have only one player scoring. Our GK overhaul is really gonna depend on the development of players like Moises Ramirez and Gilmar Napa and other young upcoming GK for a long term solution. The good news is that Ramirez is going to Brazil so I hope his development and maturity can really take off. This is his second experience aboard at only 22 years of age.

I dont see Galindez keeping good form for the next few years tbh. Same with Dominguez. Our immediate short term solution can include Burrai

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Moises Ramirez got transferred to Bahia in Brazil.

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Some one on another forum talked about how National teams shouldnt allow foreign coaches. They should be like the players all nationals or nationalized. Could you imagine how crazy that would impact football let alone south amrican national teams.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we got capable coaches and I’m gonna admit that I’m one of the ones that wouldn’t give them a look.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The factors go beyond nationalism, and while I would support a qualified Ecuadorian coach (i.e. Vizuete back in the day), one can't grasp the toughest part of the pressure cooker of accountability and rising to the occasion until it's actually been felt. One of the key reasons why larger or better funded federations turn to coaches with international and accountable experience. You just can't replicate that at LigaPro even if you make a run in the Sudamericana or Libertadores.

21. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's good for us since we can keep exporting them and developing them for free basically.

Speaking of development, Plata is worrying me now. The guy has now gone half the season with subpar performances and if he wants to remain a starter he will have to improve.

There are younger, hungrier players aiming for his spot and he can't afford to stagnate.

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    USA is hosting copa America. I think it for the best. Our team will be familiar with the next WC stadium. Those stadiums are in better condition than ours. I can't forget those goals vs Peru in Quito the game where Preciado fell and the game where Arboleda slipped.

23. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hope it's just the CONMEBOL teams

24. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seems Mendez is going to Sao Paulo.

Would be a good move since they just played an international final recently.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think Canada will be invited which I don't mind cause I want to see how they would pair against Bolivia for example with all their recent growth.