Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Toño and Mendez at least are investing in the youth, but aside from that they became exactly like Aguinaga. I just hope they actually pick up the phone and talk to these guys 1 on 1 if they really care about the state of the national.

fair enough, la Que se tragó Kendry was a great pass from Hincapié. But he’s so slow and prone to erratic passes - if you watch him at bayer he is more disciplined and sticks to the script… I just notice he tries to do a little too much on the national.

2. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The team has to move on and focus on the next two games.

You win those and you're in.

I will say we missed Pervis massively last night with his crossing and tracking back.

3. GerVZLA

GerVZLA Member

Caracas FC
    Venezuela
    Nov 12, 2023
    If in the pre-match you treat your rival with respect, in the post-match you will find respect.

If in the pre-match you belittle your opponent and treat them with disrespect, you abide by the equivalent response in case they defeat you.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The team landed in Las Vegas, and I'm assuming FSB will line up differently for the upcoming game.

Does Galindez take over for Dida, and does Rodriguez start up front?

I think the team should line up in a 3-4-1-2. This seems like match to use Caicedo in a box-to-box role with Gruezo tracking back to hold with the defensive line. Considering the lack of forwards, Sarmiento and Preciado should be able to handle running up and down the wings. Plus, their virtue is the prowess in attack/speed and skill.

Rodriguez Yeboah
    Paez
    Sarmiento Caicedo Gruezo Preciado
    Pacho Hincapie Torres ​

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I would put Alan Minda over Sarmineto. Minda tracks back more and covers the entire wing better. Sarmiento cuts in alot and tends to leave his wing open. Sarmiento would be a good sub for Paez.

\^the king^/ repped this.
  6. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Agreed. Sarmiento can use his speed once the other team's defense gets tired.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good point!

I guess my only consideration was Sarmiento is likely riding a high so hopefully he'd keep a good rhythm. Minda is a good option and his candidacy makes sense - considering he can defend better.

I figure with Yeboah's strength and technique that he would serve as a good foil to Kevin.

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Actually maybe we should start Sarmiento over Paez and give him some rest. Paez has seemed to be getting alot of pressure to preform and there has been some debate weather or not we should continue to start him for this tournament. Either way some rest would be good for him to take him off the spot light a bit.

GerVZLA and LDU4ever repped this.
  9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's a double edged sword.

He's been gassed up so much, benching him can cause as much damage as starting him. As a kid, I can see that causing a lot of self doubt in him, but he needs to toughen up and perform his best 100% of the time regardless of the situation he's put in.

From a stamina perspective, I don't think he's running the risk of burning out. He's young and recovers faster than anyone else on the squad - the virtues of youth, so his benching must be reasoned as response to declined performance and output.

But yes, his spot is not sacred. He needs to perform as good as anyone else to get locked-in to the XI. As a sub, he can do well, but only if he gets minutes. It would make little sense for FSB to send him into the game in the 75th or 80th min, so I think he'd need at least 30 minutes to adjust and thrive in the match flow.

10. GerVZLA

GerVZLA Member

Caracas FC
    Venezuela
    Nov 12, 2023
    I agree with you.

Kendry is a boy with a great future ahead of him, but I think they are putting a very big responsibility on his shoulders, and it is delicate, because at this level of competition the demands of the rivals are greater.

Personally, I have seen some influencers criticizing his actions lately, without understanding that he is still a child. I don't know if it's wise to make Kendry have to deal with the radicalism of some loud fans. I would prefer to take it little by little

GPisco repped this.
  11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don’t think Sarmiento has ever played as a wing back.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He can’t have his cake and eat it too. He’s on social media a lot. He wants the spotlight for the praise and fame. He’s going to have to deal with the criticism as well.

13. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Alfaro talked about this recently. How Caicedo was ready from the get go because of his discipline and Paez lacks focus certain phases of the game.

I'd kill to have someone like Alfaro back to light a fire under this team when they're playing scared.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’d start Sarmiento behind the striker as we don’t have a dedicated one. Mena on the left and put Hincapié back at CB and have kendry come in at 60th minute.

Who do we have as LB?

15. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No one reliable.

It's why Hincapie is forced to play there.

16. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vs Jamaica id actually keep the same line-up with the following changes. Gruezo or Ortiz in place of Franco, I wouldn’t mind seeing Loor at RB and Hincapie back at CB. As for our striker I don’t care if it’s Jordy or Rodriguez but please not someone playing out of position.

17. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Love coming in here to read solid thoughts.

My preferred line up would be (stealing LDU's formation so that Hincapie and Pacho are playing in what theyre most comfortable in)

Rodriguez Sarmiento
    Paez
    Minda Caicedo Gruezo Preciado
    Pacho Hincapie Torres
    Galindez​

Yeboah and Mena come in as super subs min 60.

God, I wish Plata wasn't such a clown, and the Byron situation was handled the correct way by athletic/naturalization departments in Ecuador.

If Pervis doesnt come back the same player, we're going to struggle tremendously in qualifiers. Is J. Chavez injured? Medina from IDV has some insane speed down that wing as well and always uses it for a dangerous play here and there. We need to start a back up plan going.

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I really wish fsb would have played Minda and Loor more. One of them could have been a better solution than Hincapie he really doesnt try other options. I also want to continue to see Joel Ordonez. I would like to see him start over Torres tbh since he has more potential and is a more complete cb I think he can make our back line of 3 work much better.

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Chavez finished the season injured but we could have recovered him in those 3 friendlies. He is healthy now.

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Italy scored a last minute gol to make it through.

21. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I saw, Modric was crushed. Italy is a tough team to put away, Croatia lost concentration on that last play.

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just got my jersey. IMG_9917.jpeg
    IMG_9919.jpeg

\^the king^/, GerVZLA and LDU4ever repped this.
  23. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Honestly he should have started over Torres due to the season he's had.

It's so damn nice.

Instant classic.

24. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The formation I would like to see is as follows: Galindez; Preciado, Torres, Hincapie, Loor; Ortiz, Moises, Yeboah, Paez, Sarmiento; Rodriguez

Torres and Hincapie have a lot of experience playing together. I would start Loor at LB. If FSB is not going to play him then what was the point in naming him to the squad.

No more Franco or Gruezo. Ortiz is a more complete player.

Paez should be on a tight leash. If he’s not playing well then he should be subbed out at halftime.

A healthy Kevin Rodriguez is a dangerous player.

25. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    That's a nice kit

Oh man... watching Colombia and I am very jealous of this teams attitude. I Understand that we don't have a roster nearly as deep, or anyone with James and much less Diaz-esque prime...Pero esa seleccion juega con intensidad. Purposeful passing, consistent 1 2 triangles, and they all seem to get all without any news headlines. It's crazy what a good coach can do. Que ********ing seleccion, bunch of pretentious soccer pricks they are lol but they have a squad that deserves it now

WE ARE LUCKY we got that point in Quito