Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They do it to get views. Some of the stuff they say is hilarious and it creates banter. I’m one of those guys who’s been saying “kitu pide selección” just because he is doing alright this season.
    This is an example.

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And this just popped up in my feed

LDU4ever repped this.
  3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holy shit...his car,

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Miller Bolaños is a sad case of someone who had it all and threw it away.

So much indisciplina- so much wasted potential.

I remember back in the summer of 2011 when he was with Liga and I was spending a lot of time with the players as I was doing my master's research. Of all the players on that squad, he was the most insufferable- rude to everyone, never said hello, never stopped for autographs or took pictures with fans, treated the press like crap...and to add insult to injury, he wouldn't even treat his teammates that well. Mind you, this was the era of Reasco, De La Cruz, Barcos, Araujo, etc. He never really hit his peak but always thought he was a cut above the rest because of his natural ability and clutch plays. But he just seemed like a nightmare to handle back in the day.

Back then, I remember Reasco and UDLC would give me rides back to Quito and we'd chat about their careers, hang with the family, and hang out on those long car rides back to town. Great guys.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The list is out. Right off the bat I am not a fan of this call up. I am going to take some time to think about this list. But man I can't imagine going to a world cup and FSB pulling this kind of list out at the very last minute.

- Porteros

Alexander Domínguez (LDU)

Hernán Galíndez (HUR)

Moisés Ramírez (IDV)

- Defensas

Piero Hincapié (LEV)

Wiliam Pacho (FRAN)

Félix Torres (COR)

Joel Ordóñez (BRU)

Andrés Micolta (PAC)

Lyan Loor (UCA)

José Hurtado (BRAG)

Angelo Preciado (SLA)

- Mediocampistas

Carlos Gruezo (SJE)

Moisés Caicedo (CHE)

Alan Franco (MIN)

José Cifuentes (CRU)

Joao Ortíz (IDV)

Kendry Páez (IDV)

Jeremy Sarmiento (BRIG)

John Yeboah (CRAC)

Angel Mena (LEO)

Alan Minda (CER)

Janner Corozo (BSC)

- Delanteros

Enner Valencia (INT)

Kevin Rodríguez (USG)

Jordy Caicedo (ATL)

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We got no forwards man. What is Jordy doing there? His last gol was in October.

mac-0n3 repped this.
  7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It’s unfortunate that Pluas wasn’t called up the NT.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have no idea why Vite wasn’t called up the NT

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Campana...LOL

cabezamagica repped this.
  10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    THAT IS SOOOOO cool!!! Are you still involved in anyway with futbol at any capacity??

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's been a while since I dipped my toes back into that world- though I always want to try.

My last substantive connection was to Sixto Vizuete's last tenure as NT coach. That was probably 2013/14?

I have some ideas, but I just haven't acted on anything yet.

mac-0n3 and Cris 09 repped this.
  12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I literally laughed while reading this lol

mac-0n3 repped this.
  13. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Any ideas with social media/youtube? There’s so much passive income to be made in those channels.

Plata is a clown, “violated my privacy” lol buddy you were in public laughing and slapping a dancer with a wad of cash. He literally shows his true character even in text (that someone else probably wrote for him). If he had left that last sentence out it would’ve been respected. Miller kaviedes and arboleda are great examples of case studies that should be dissected.

On a side note I am still amazed at how Hincapié has gone unscathed by the scandal lol it’s almost like just shutting up getting to work and keeping social media presence professional is the recipe to success. Can someone please teach this at the U20 and below? So simple.

14. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Has any Ecuador Club made it the second round of the libertadores in the last 2 years?
    I know BSC made semi finals a few years back but that may have been 3.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Right?! LMAO 1) as if he's owed any explanation, and 2) homie is living in denial if it's an act of indisciplina- if he even admits in the same paragraph that it was an error to be there. Literally, they committed a crime by taking a minor into an establishment like that. That's not only a lapse of judgement, but also a crime...luckily he's a footballer otherwise homie would be enjoying a vacation at Rikers. Hence his mentality shows us he's still on the defensive and refuses to take full accountability which makes matters worse. What a gaslighting POS.

That's exactly where I'm leaning.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No, I don't believe so. Barcelona might've been the last to do it.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    you should be a guest on mundo Liga( or anyone of the liga fan chanel) and share some of those experiences. Alot of those guys are very responsive on their social media pages.

Also what do you do for a living ? And what did you get yout masters in that allowed to be so close to the team like that?

mac-0n3 and LDU4ever repped this.
  18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've always tried to stay back of house and low profile, lol, but yeah, there's stories FOR DAYS. Maybe I'll look into it especially now that I'm trying to build a business around some of the aligned themes.

I did my master's research / thesis on Afro-descendant footballers the contradictions of race, class, and identity in Ecuador. The topic, and a few helpful contacts along the way, helped to get access to the FEF (Sub-20 pre WC and mayores pre-Copa America), and some clubs (Liga, El Nacional, Dep. Quito, and Aucas). The degree was Latin American Studies...a far cry from what I'm doing now, which is working with startups in the tech sector.

mac-0n3 and javer repped this.
  19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    https://www.futbolecuador.com/site/...orque-tambien-quieren-a-piero-hincapie/165540

Looks like El Cholo Simeone is starting to sniff around and poach Piero. That would add to an already verified interest from Spurs and Liverpool.

Considering what is best for Piero, which would be continuity with a system where he's an important piece of the puzzle for a Bundesliga title defense and a run in the CL, the only comparable and logical moves would be Liverpool and Atl. Madrid.

From a continuity and stability perspective though, only Atl. Madrid can offer a stable coaching position compared to Bayer Leverkusen. Liverpool's signing of Slot as the new coach will come with some degree of adaptation which isn't guaranteed to be an immediate hit, but the squad is deep and Piero can add value to a defensive unit alongside that goon Van Dijk.

IMO, he's a point in his career which is a make-or-break moment. At 22 y/o, he has about 2 seasons left before he his the theoretical 6 year run where he can be most dominant. I still consider him to be a work in progress and prime for molding in the hands of a talented coach- Alonso, I think, is still the best mentor for someone like him.

If a club decides to trigger a high offer and Leverkusen decides to sell, I hope it comes in this order:

1) Liverpool - Global club with huge TV/media coverage, guaranteed CL play, and a competitive squad to make a run for titles. Downside - new coach. This is likely to be the highest bidder, objectively speaking. Plus, there is clear need for center back reinforcement.

2) Atl. Madrid - Locally a strong club and generally a top-4 finish is guaranteed, guaranteed CL play, and a strong enough squad to be competitive, but I don't see them winning titles with the juggernaut that Real Madrid is assembling across town. If Barcelona is in free-fall, they can easily be runner-up though. Upside- stable coach. Atl. Madrid can probably offer a competitive bid with add-ons for performance bonuses that Leverkusen might find attractive, but I don't think they have the resource power of Liverpool.

3) Tottenham - huge TV/media coverage, they will take a crack at a Europa League run, and they have a dynamic squad- but they're inconsistent. They have a good coach, but if a string of bad results comes in, I think Postecoglou's job could be on the line. Risk - coaching continuity isn't guaranteed if the team skids off the rails. They have deep pockets, but the team just doesn't perform consistently. I can see a high bid come in that might be difficult to refuse even at the expense of a player's best interests.

I hope Leverkusen and Alonso treat this transfer delicately if it happens and works with Piero to find the best fit for his development along with a healthy return for the club.

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The only good choice in there is Liverpool.

Atlético play some ugly futbol and Tottenham’s owner and fanbase are losers.

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a boring 1/2 this CL game has been.

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did enner get injured today? I saw a Twitter post but not convinced.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Interesting stuff you should deff be doing podcasts also maybe self publish a book to sell on Amazon.

mac-0n3 repped this.
  24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He left Injured at the 40th minute in his game last night. I thought he would be in Ecuador with the NT already. I guess now we call up Estrada.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Doubt it. Remember last friendlies Enner got injured and he didn’t call up Campana.