Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don’t follow German fútbol but how long did that other record stand for?

2. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bayern M had won the league 11 times in row before this year lol

On the other hand Leverkusen has only tied 6 games this season (Bundesliga) , everything else was a victory.
    For comparison, when arsenal went undefeated they had 12 draws.

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don’t think I phrased the question right.

Who holds the longest unbeaten games in Bundesliga? Did any other team go unbeaten like Leverkusen?

Google said that they beat Benfica’s record from the 60s.

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He lost a lot of the core players that made up that team tick. I wouldn’t put it all on ecua players though plus injuries.

\^the king^/ repped this.
  5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen is not only the first in the German league to go undefeated, but also, if they beat Kaiserslautern for the German Cup and Atalanta for the Europa League (both finals coming up) then they will have been unbeaten in ALL competitions. NO ONE has ever accomplished this in Europe.

The Machine and Primitive Ways repped this.
  6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Watching LDU - IDV. All Kendry does is shoot it.

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Didn’t Arsenal lose some games that season? I think I read somewhere that they lost in international play.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jhegson Méndez is finally getting some minutes. He’s started in two of the past three games his team has played. His team has two games remaining as well. Perhaps it’s too little too late. I would like to see him be part of Ecuador’s squad for the Copa America. Besides Moises Caicedo there’s no player that’s standing out at the moment.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nice gol by Moises.

I wouldn’t describe his first season as a failure and Europe next season.

10. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yes. Arsenal only went undefeated in the league. If leverkusen manage to win their next two games it will be HISTORIC, like Cris explained above: no team has gone undefeated in all competitions in the modern era. I think the 68 game streak from benfica is league only.
    We need that confidence in the selección. I will never forget arroyo vs Swiss.
    Did he start every game? I think he may have missed 1 or two across all competitions. Which is incredible. The goal was well deserved and what a golazo it was. Chelsea will now root for Man city to beat United so they can see Europe next year.

moises looks unlocked without Enzo. His season definitely started shaky, he probably hasn’t proved his 115 price tag yet but he’s earned some respect.
    agreed, definitely not all because of Ecuas. Macca was a big part of his scheme too, along with the Japanese winger that plays on Pervis side.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He played 48 games this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/moises-caicedo/leistungsdaten/spieler/687626

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    These ecua camera men. lol

Dude was zooming in pretty hard at the girl with the tight shirt. ahahahaha (.)(.)

13. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Piero is definitely our most successful Ecuadorian player this year especially if they win the treble going undefeated. The experience he will get from this feat will be valuable to have in our defence.

I hope FSB considers Hincapie as an option at LB if Jhoanner Chavez isn’t back.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There is no doubt that Moises has impressed many in the last 5 games, and it's not a coincidence that the team has improved vastly because of it. Whether or not Enzo's absence is an attributable point to that is up for debate, but those two MUST be on the same page for Chelsea to really soar.

I don't think even a masterstroke of a goal erases a full season of disappointment, but Moises closes the season on a high note- including a MOTM performance. What some might've said was a total failure has turned into a mixed bag, and for now, that's good enough because the media and fans will give him some breathing room, and I take some comfort in that, but now people can see what he can do at his best when wearing the Chelsea kit means the expectation and bar is set high next season- for him and the team. They'll need to at least push for a top-4 finish and return to the CL plus make a DEEP run in either the Conference League or Europa league (depending on what happens in the FA Cup).

Chelsea didn't pay over $200 million for Moises and Enzo to play erratically together...they're both locks in the starting XI, and they need to work it out- a las buenas o las malas. A $100 million Enzo simply cannot sit on the bench. Unless he demands a transfer and Chelsea finds a team willing to foot the bill, this dupla will stay. Bohely and the management team couldn't possibly let so much money rot on the bench. It's more likely that the front office pays off Poch and brings in a new coach needs to find a formula for success especially with continental tournament play at stake. I haven't heard the news talking about Pochettino being guaranteed a return even if he was at the helm of a late season comeback for the club. Sacking is still probably a real consideration.

What's the likelihood that Lavia gets slotted as a DM, and that pushes Moises and Enzo farther up the pitch supported by Palmer and Madueke? There's still talks of Gallagher getting the axe.

I believe there are high chances that Chelsea can go to the Europa because Man City is definitely the stronger team and should theoretically overpower Manchester United, but you know how these cup games can swing- nothing is guaranteed. In the meantime, I'm staying a bit cautious about the chances of an FA Cup win by Man City and will stick to the immediate guarantee which is Chelsea is going to the Conference League.

What is more concerning is that Moises left the game injured. How big or small of an injury he picked up is a mystery, but if we want to have a shred of hope for the CA, he needs to be healthy.

15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Chavez had a muscle injury two match weeks ago and closed out the seasons last game with out getting called to the squad. The good thing is that if he does make it in time he has three matches to recover his form but if he doesnt our options are really slim. Christian Ramirez, Jonathan Mina would be my options but Ramirez is still a long shot to bring back to the NT. Diego Palacios is still injured. Layan Loor, Anibal Chala, Leonel Quinonez, Bedder Caicedo, & Gustavo Cortez are all average.

Hincapie would be our best option. He has been having more and more movement going forward and crossing into the area.

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Have you guys noticed Bas actually going to the games?

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    His son is in IDV academies. It seems like he is living and staying in Ecuador. He has been spotted in several games.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Careful what you wish for. Hincapie can play LB with a back line of 4. I wouldn’t want him to play LB if FSB plays with a back line of 3.

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Remember his red card vs. Argentina

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hincapie is a great CB. Ecuador’s depth at the position is solid tho. Torres and Pacho would make a good duo. It would make sense for Ecuador to go with a back line of 4 and play Hincapie at LB. FSB wants to force his system tho. He’s shown an unwillingness to adapt.

21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We can also use the options of playing Alan Minda or Yaimar medina as a LWB if we stick to the back line of 3.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This would be the squad I would like to see for the Copa America

In regard to the LB position? I have no idea who I would go with.

GKs
    Dominguez
    Galindez
    Ortiz

CBs
    Torres
    Hincapie
    Pacho
    Ordońez
    Porozo

RBs
    Preciado
    Hurtado

LBs
    ?
    ?

Midfielders

Moises Caicedo
    Ortiz
    Mendez
    Pluas
    Paez
    Vite

Wingers
    Mercado
    Yeboah
    Minda
    Sarmiento

Strikers
    Valencia
    Estrada
    Rodriguez
    Obando

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Kevin Rodriguez picked up another injury. He was just recovering from another one and was getting around 10 min of playing time per game. If Rodriguez is out Nilson Angulo comes to mind as his replacement.

As for lb/lwb I think it going to come down to fsb using Minda and Medina. He used Minda as a lb in the Guatemala game. Medina has also played that role in IDV as an improvised lb/lwb.

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Poch is out.

Heard he’s going to emeleb.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hope Piero wins it today.

Barcelona - LDU is going to be a tough one tonight.