Ecuador forum's World Cup Thread South Africa 2010 (R)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Cris 09, Jun 11, 2010.

1. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I seriously hate the fact that everyone thinks that France and Uruguay are amazing they can go blow a dick! I hate thier cocky ass teams! Hopefully these two team lsoe to South Africa and Mexico so the other can go through!

2. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriosuly? I think the way France got in was almost criminal.

And WE blew it. Uruguay might have gotten away with some shit in order to make it to the playoff, but WE blew our chances to make it.

I want South America to represent. I want Chile and Paraguay to make the quarters, Uruguay to show they deserve to be there instead of us, Messi to show he is better than CRonaldo, and Brasil to win.

And, I want Ecuador to develop and improve so we can go into 2014 and show the world that 2010 was a fluke.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    mexico is wack for all the publicity they get lol univision and all those other channels are filled with clowns that don't know anything about futbol outside of mexico. freakin ************s. but i'd rather see those dirty mexicans go in instead of the homo ass celestes any day.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I could not agree more. I wanted mex and SA to make it through.

5. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    WOW ^ how old are you

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Henry to score 3 via handball.

7. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Im so glad that Mexico beat France!So pretty much France is eliminated they're outtT!!!! I hope that South AFrica beat these dudes honestly, that would be perfect! And the funny part is bandwagon fans are complete retards you wouldn't even know how many dudes that support France and Brazil just because they've won the World CUp, don't even consider Mexico a strong football nation! If they weren't so strong then why did Mexico defeat Brazil in the COnfederation Cup FInal 1999 and how did they beat France whos one a treble. HAHA BANDWAGON FANS ARE A JOKE!

8. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey I'm glad Mexico won too, but I'm not calling Mexico a strong footballing nation. :p

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol

11. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Damnecuadorian are you kidding me? Mexico is one of the top competitotrs at the Fifa World CUp every four years, I consider them titans in football although they haven't won The Fifa World CUp. Sure maybe their not as worthy as Argentina or even Uruguay in history but Mexico isn't mediocre, although they have played better in the past World CUp 2007 and the Copa AMerica three years ago than they have today, they're still a strong national team who gives teams like Brazil a run for their money many times.

We shouldn't count Mexico out, they're one of the top teams in Fifa, just too underrated.

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

13. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    LOL I'm being serious they are tough opponents to face even when Brazil faces them they have a hard time playing against them. Have you ever seen a team that's beaten Brazil 4-3?? Well, Mexico has do you still think their crap?? Alot of stupid bandwagon fans don't realize how much of a threat Mexico's team is on a good day.

On a good day these guys go all out and can score a shit load of goals, on a bad day they tie 1-1 even though they dominated msot of the game.. I know alot of sout americans just hate Mexico because they're in our Copa America every edition but they are there for a reason, they're a strong team. Can someone please help me out here?::rolleyes:

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    LOL

Yes, Mexico is pretty much a solid 2nd tier team worldwide. Below the big powers, but above us, for example. What's interesting is they consistently underachieve. They qualify for the 2nd round every WC, but always go out in the Round of 16. If they can make the quarters consistently, or the semis at least once, they might move up in a lot of people's minds.

15. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mexico has only made it to the quarter finals twice - both times on Mexican soil. They were disqualified for Italy 90, and in every world cup since then they went out in the round of 16. They've also never won a Copa America.

To Mexico I give the same distinction that I give Uruguay (which has finished 5th place or lower in each of the last four world cup qualifiers):

Masters of mediocrity

1 person likes this.
  16. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You really are going to bring that final into play?

First, it was IN Mexico. Like it was already said, they only do good in their soil.

Second, they made the final of that tourney after beating Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bolivia and the United States. Not exactly world beaters.

Third, if they are so goood how come they've only beaten the US once in the last 10 years in the US.

Come on, seriously overrated team. Like usual they will make the second round play argentina and choke.

thank you, come again.

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    That's so true....Mexico would be regarded as a better team if they didn't alaways choke in the same phase of the World Cup every edition. Wish it wasn't like that but it is. I got to say thuogh Mexico is one of those teams that nearly always beats Ecuador yet I can't hate them. But regardless Mexico is better than alot of teams people regard as top tier teams in the Fifa rankings such as Greece, Ireland andetc.

18. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    chill, if they actually were i'd gladly give them props, but they are to arrogant and their media is always hyping them out to be some sort of world power. they're far from it. they still rely on a 38 year old to help them through a tough situation. which for them included qualification.

19. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Mexico has played well in multiple international competitions, he was just using the Confederations Cup Final to show that they can beat big teams like Brazil. It doesn't matter who they beat in that competition, the fact is that they won it.

Mexico is among the top teams in the world, and can compete with the best of them. The U.S. is a good team, especially at home during the qualifiers against Mexico. Most teams who come to play a full U.S. squad end up going home empty.

20. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And hopefully conmebol will get another spot for 2014. I would have liked for us to be there but we didn't make it and the ones that did deserve it's that simple. We blew it, c'mon we lost to Venezuela twice. We had some nice play at times in midfield but no strength up front we need another Tin.

I really don't want Mexico to make it far I'm not a hater but I live in Cali and I don't want to deal with their shows and promocional crap 24/7 not to mention neighbors and "friends" who will talk smack all the time their team wins a game. Luckily I've been in Ecuador the past 4 months but am heading back now so hopefully Uruguay and France go through again nothing personal against Mexico actually they kind of do talk smack a lot so yeah screw them hehehe but they will probably go through with Uruguya. France can eat a dick for choking against the Mexicanos....

21. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think that's my problem too. I have Mexican friends and all that, but "Hispanic" media in the US hypes them up way too much.

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's true though. Think about it though...what is the ratio of Mexicans versus all other Hispanic/Latino/Latin American people. Mexicans are the overwhelming majority of the demographic and therefore command the advertising strategies, etc...hence why Mexico gets so much coverage on Univision.

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So the guy who scored for Serbia celebrated no differently than Valencia did against Uruguay and nothing happened. It still pisses me that the stupid Brazilian ref had to give him that yellow. :mad:

24. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh, I completely understand it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. ;)

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    people said I was crazy for thinking that Slovenia would advance out of this group....and by the looks of it, the prediction is coming true. There's still 45 mins left to play, but in my estimation, a clueless ESPN/media machine hyped the US and once again the team gets caught with it's pants down. Overrated? I think so....