Ecuador en el Mundial Sub-20 - Colombia 2011

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Jul 30, 2011.

1. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    la esperanza es que los ticos empaten con australia....y nosotros golear a cota rica...

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hahah you should be happy your team's get lucky as crap right now. And like always winning 1-0 LOL then getting eliminated in Venezuela.

Watch Bar-Bie WRECK tomorrow. Liga es Liga, you should recognize that by now 4 cups down the road.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ecuador vs spain= the most disappointing sh*t i've seen. I could have imagined this happening to the sub-17 but never the sub-20.

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We should get el Tano as our new DT.

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Now that the frustration has passed I will give by analysis...the team played fairly well before the Ona ejection and especially in the first half. They clearly had visible chances to score but alas no one could put it in the net. The defense was more a victim of positioning than lack of talent. The defense was positioned too far up the pitch and left it vulnerable to Spain's counter attack. After the Ona ejection the team was visibly shaken up and lost concentration. After the first goal it seemed s if they quit. If Ona hadn't been ejected the result would have been different, we wouldn't have won but Vizuete would have pulled back the defense to salvage the tie.

Some of the players that stood out to me were Fernando Gaibor, Dennis Qionones, and Marcos Caicedo even tho at times he was too selfish. The players that dissapointed were Govea, Narvaez, and Ona (on here because of that stupid mistake, otherwise he played well).

If not for two juvenile mistakes the results would have been different. I think we can beat Costa Rica. We just have to stay concentrated and focused for 90 minutes and lay as a team. This team has responded well to must wins: vs Bolivia to get into the second round of the Sudamericano and vs Chile to qualify for the WC. We'll see...

6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really? Since when is Ecuador up to par with Spain in Futbol?

7. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when is Ecuador up to anybody's futbol? The funny thing is people on this board will forever think that Ecuador has got talent. I just don't see that. At all levels, Ecuador only loses or ties. At all levels, they have difficultly scoring. That is just the reality. We suck balls when it comes to futbol. I hope that by some miracle we can turn this thing around.

8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree! We can't score even when the freaking golie is out of the position. It's frustrating watching Ecuador at any level. I blame the FEF because after the last world cup we practically stopped growing. I like the new rules for a youth playing but after that what have the FEF done? Nothing. Overrated.

They should be building better youth academies and bring better coaches to help develop youth in every area of the game. All the money Chiriboga takes for himself should've been for the youth and NT.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree that money should be invested in better youth academies and more knowledgeable coaches. I dont agree that Ecuador doesn't have talent because they do. I will repeat this one more time the current state of the NT does not stem from lack of talent but rather the corruption of the FEF.

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The good news is destiny is in our hands. I believe we'll defeat Costa Rica and qualify 2nd in the group. Not being overconfident, but this team is too strong to lose to them, Spain is right now the most powerful national team program in the world at every level...they won the European U-21 championship. No shame in losing to them, and only after a red card.

That means we would face the 2nd place team of Group A, which looks to be either France or Japan. All winnable games.

I still believe in this team, the Australia game was one of the worst cases of bad luck I've seen, they were not able to get within 25 yards of our goal almost the entire game. Costa Rica has received 6 goals in 2 matches, their defense is clearly not the best. If Australia's poor offense scored 2 on them, I feel that we can do something.

11. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I agree with everything you said. We played alright against spain.... We had many shots on goal...We started to lose when we lost Ona... We have a very talented team... We just need to keep positive and root for the NT...:cool:

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    que buen debut de bryan de la torre ,este jugador era el que necesitaban para que arme jugadas y ponga la pausa.ojala no se quemen la defensa por que los vi medio flojos en los ultimos minutos.

13. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    2-0 at half-time. Montaño and de Jesus score on the 2nd and 13th minutes.

I missed the goals. How were they?

14. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    1mer gol pase de dela torre para montano.2gundo tiro libre y cabezaso de marlon de jesus.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

OK where are you spastics now??? In the end, quality usually prevails. These kids can play ball.

This team is NOT perfect, but they have good quality - in attack, midfield and defense. And the most important thing is sabe a lo que juega (I can't say it better in English). They defend in numbers, press the opponent in all areas of the field, attack quickly on the break, and use the wings to get behind the defense.

I think they have a good chance against France. France lost to Colombia 4-1 so they can't be that good. Plus I think the pressure is off, now they can play with some more freedom and I think that will be to our advantage.

16. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    2 assists for de la torre.. finally de Jesus scores on a run... Cazares was precise in his passes... montano was there at the right place right time for his gol...

And now Ecuador plays France in last 16...

17. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    de la torre and cazares should definitely start..caicedo still trying to take it in instead of passing it.good game all around for the mini tri.

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn it! I miss the game when we actually win :( I couldn't watch it but glad they played really good. Can't wait to see the highlights. Maybe ESPN3 will have the re-run of the game online.

19. cRodz42

cRodz42 New Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Newark
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah same here
    i forgot :(

20. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just watched on espn3. Good game and good result. Very proud of the boys.

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colombia ahead by 1 gol.

22. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010