Ecuador en Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Oct 16, 2013.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    the wall street journal is racist as f*** tho

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Yes! And we need to show these Racist that Ecuador is not to be underestimated.

4. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You should take a look at all the Facebook groups, I saw one page where they placed Ecuador in a group with teams that had little hope of qualfying out of their groups, but then they placed Switzerland, Ghana, Chile, Colombia, Japan , Belgium, Ivory Coast as dark horse teams. I really hope we knock off the bandwagoner fans from their superficial cloud of stupidity by their claims that we're going home early and that we're no threat. I really hope our boys are playing strong on Sunday both offensively and defensively, but one thing is true, we always seem to impress when we're underestimated the most, meanwhile the overhyped teams(ie. Belgium, Colombia, Chile tend to underperform) in these tournaments meanwhile they are usually overhyped by big names in big European teams, one example was the 2010 Fifa World Cup-Chile under Biesla, won 1-0 against both Honduras and the Swiss, qualified to the next round and got hammered 3-0 by Brazil.

5. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wall Street Journal is just another mainstream bullshit paper that writes things that appease the typical moron who has believes everything mainstream and popular has enourmous significance. They would place all the teams with full European based squads as potential winners in the tournament because that's generally the mindset of the mainstream observer of soccer who doesn't know that football doesn't depend on fancy schmancy big name teams owning their players but passion and skill for their national team, those players aren't playing with their club teams or the players on that club team, they are playing with different players so those club team skills won't always apply to the national team. Also, I always see Ivory Coast as an overhyped team in my honest opinion due to the enourmous exposure to European club football their national team players have, but generally speaking their world cup record is nothing to brag about, I recall in 2010 they were severely overhyped to make it out of their group and they only ended up scratching the third place with 1 point. Same, I recall people claiming POland was going to outperform Ecuador in the first match of the World Cup, didn't happen, but I feel it's best when things play out low key like that.

6. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Read the article its making their prediction based on statistics other than soccer talent "the world cup of everything else". specificly internet user per 100 people.... This isnt a real atempt at predicting the outcome of the world cup...

7. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    aw man, I didn't read the small print. "How the tournament would play out if those 32 countries were competing in things other than soccer"

Switzerland is considered one of the Dark Horses of the Cup. I hope Ecuador changes that this Sunday.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/5-dark-horses-far-world-cup-221035445.html

8. phillyfanslc

phillyfanslc Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I like that people are underestimating us. Think we play better that way. Hopefully we shut their mouth on Sunday.

I really hope Noboa makes it for the game against the Swiss. Think he is key to our midfield especially with Castillo out.

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I hope this guy loses all his bets.

10. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  11. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Really? you sure are overly optimistic... You do realize how bad our defense is right? lol Switzerland is a very good team better then Honduras they've only lost 1 match in 2 years... Our best chance to get a result against Switzerland is to play defensively and counterattack... That means dropping Caicedo for Arroyo I think it's the only way otherwise they will score atleast 2 goals... Honduras we have to beat to have any chance to advance their defense is the weakest of our opponents. France we will not beat unless they are already through and don't have much to play for. I personally would consider just making out of the group a big success.

12. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    I think as it stand we are the definition of darkhorse team. Even a well informed fan does not know how the team will flair in the wc.

1) Enner Valencia. A recent introduction to our team. How will he react to being thrown into the spotlight?

2) who is going to replace Castillo? If Gruezo takes his place. He has an opportunity to be the one player to suprise the whole turnament even ecudorian fans. Who would have guessed he would be starting in our mid 3 weeks ago? Currently being scouted by Chelsea, This tournament could potentially the most important month in his footballing carrer.

3) Will montero break from his recent poor form and show European teams that he is worthy of the price tag mexican teams are placing on his head?

4) Will our defense be able to escape any majoe errors?

Time will tell.We have the potential to surprise everyone and have 2 true breakout players. Or we could crash and burn.

Its all very exciting.

Manolo repped this.
  13. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    lets not forget Arroyo, he is definitely a very under estimated player and if he gets time to play he could also be a breakout player....... so i say we have about 3 - 4 players the 4th player being Paredes, I know a lot of people don't think much of him but he helps the team create opportunities, these players could really make a diff for us in our games.

14. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    you have a point. The reson I didn't include him is I don't thing rueda will put him in. I would love to see this line up.

Montero - Enner
    Arroyo-Gruezo-Noboa-Valencia
    4 defenders...
    Alexander

I also think give our players and our development we should look to move to a 2
    formation

15. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I see your points and agree. I think the reason we haven't been taken into serious account as a dark horse is simply because we are a higher risk to actually crash and burn than these other teams that are being mentioned.

People will always underestimate us. I don't blame them though, were one of the only countries in South America who hasn't won the copa America (even when it was in Ecuador we only managed a 4th place finish)! And the only World Cup performance we looked strong in was 8 years ago. Anyway other than Argentina and Brazil the only teams that are taken serious sporadically are Uruguay and Colombia.

16. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ya CH@cha mucha webada contra nosotros, that our kit is the ugliest, etc..Lets Go Mi Tricolor...a cerrarles trompas a todos los Haters..Chucho is with us and we are going to take the group.Si Se Puede MOFOS....Vamos Ecuador..oh oh oh ohoho....(como la cancion):D:p:whistling:

Luigi408 and cristian1mv repped this.
  17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We are gonna get screwed..............

screwed I say

18. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why do you say that?

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I see the referee calling everything in favor of the Swiss after watching today's game. We should go all guns blazing.

20. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't tell me its the same Japanese guy?

21. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Btw I'm not actually a new member here, my old username was Pepe Pancho but I lost my email password and forgot my account password so had to create a new account :p

22. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just hoping our boys are ready to go to work on Sunday's match, we cannot afford to have shitty defending and goalkeeping with a team like the Swiss, I just don't underestimate them. But at the same time I'm trying to be positive and remember that we were also considered underdogs against Poland and we actually pulled through.I guess anything can happen, but that defense must at ll times be tight! Also if I'm not wrong Minda was part of the first few qualifiers including the one versus Uruguay in Montevideo right? I recall our defense was on point that match and so was our midfield, I've never actually seen Minda as a CB though anyone have a clue about him?

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard montero got injured? Is it true?

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I remember you.

25. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nope check out #FEFEcuador on Twitter they said it wasn't anything serious, just a little pain but they didn't need to do a magnetic resonance on his leg.