Ecuador - Colombia : Eliminatorias 2008

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Jun 5, 2008.

1. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Re: Ecuador - Colombia : Eliminatorias

One good ame?

What are you smoking!?

Guerron did fantastic in the LDU. His debut was awesome as a starter in our NT. We all have see what this guy can do. He is a supreme baller. I've never seen anyone like him at this present time.

One good game?

2. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

will you beat brazil, or even tie them in brazil? Yes we have
    will you beat argentina, or even tie them in argentina? yes we have
    will you beat uruguay, or even tie them in uruguay? yes we have
    will you beat paraguay, or even tie them in paraguay? yes we have

yes, nobody can take away colombia's points at this point and time but the question is whether your team is riding a lucky streak or if it has the stamina, experience, and quality to run the marathon that is the CONMEBOL qualifiers...

Don't think that to be luck after 6!!!! games and 8 months with totally difeferent players!!!!!

we'll see who has the last laugh at the end of the qualifiers, because the END RESULT is what matters, until then you're still fighting for that world cup spot that has evaded you since 1998

Well deffinitively we'll keep on fighting against Venezuela, Chile and Uruguay!!!! They are close, I think Ecua Peru an Bolivia have given up a little bit!!

3. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

ok, I gonna issue infractions. Stick to futbol talk. Keep it in the name of sportsmanship.

4. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Great question parcero, but I think we should focus on Uruguay, Chile and venezuela now, though we are just 3 points away from paraguay!!!

Lets get out of hea!!!!

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I'm done here...horrible result and I have nothing left to say that could be deemed as constructive.

Now I got to reflect on Germany more than likely losing to Portugal tomorrow! :mad:

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Man, Barcelona better beat D. Cuenca on Sunday otherwise I'm gonna go on a rampage.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

q arbitrazo baldazii!!! no?

8. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Tenorio NEEDS to leave!

I didn't see the entire game but I agree with most people on this forum that Carlos Tenorio is simply done. I think his best show was at the World Cup but other than that the fact remains he has produced very little in a long time. I agree that he is very brutish and perhaps selfish. I think maybe if he would play in a more competitive league he could learn and find his form, but at this point he can't be a starter.

Obviously the problem is, who will replace him? Its the old problem thats haunted us since the Copa America, no finisher :(

I like Felipe's dribble and I think he is indeed young enough to improve, especially since he is already being exposed.

So who, WHO can replace Tenorio?

As for the game, what little I saw lacked creativity, and uninspiring.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

pero pa q si tiene a baldazzi?

10. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Honestly I don't know who the hell you are but you can chill with the trolling. Honestly no one cares, you just look childish and immature. You're just ruining the quality of this thread, please leave...

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

What is up with the RAIN in Quito? Not to bring up excuses, but this also happened against Venezuela. It seems to me the rain is a big disadvantage to the team trying to maintain possession and pick holes in the defense, and an advantage to the team that is just trying to break up play and counter quickly. I was stunned to see the point blank headers missed by Tenorio and Benitez, the ball just seemed to slide off their heads and nowhere near the goal. I've seen both of these guys score plenty with their heads and they know you have to point it downwards.

Obviously the rain affects both teams, look at Moreno's header that hit the crossbar in the first half, it just goes to show the difficulty of aiming correctly in those conditions. Thing is, Ecuador had to aim at Colombia's goal, whereas Colombia just had to aim at anywhere except Colombia's goal.

That said, some of this stuff simply had no excuse. Tenorio was simply awful, Benitez didn't exist until the 85th minute, and with that type of performance up front we are going nowhere. Unfortunately now each game becomes more and more "must-win" which creates even more pressure for the players.

12. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Eh!!!! ahora resulta que la lluvia en Quito es culpa de Colombia, Chavez muevete cinco batallones a la frontera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Should we start another thread for serious discussion?

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Yes, please!

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Coming to think of it, There are so many things going wrong right now that qualifying is looking VERY, VERY hard, First of all, eventhough the squad in theory is "better" than the las 2 WCQ I strongly beleive that "key" players were never properly substitued...Tin Delgado{Tenorio is not even close] Kaviedes[making novelas now] Ulises De la Cruz[how much are we missing his high passes right now?] and Edwin Tenorio[ b@lls!!!], Secondly, We are blessed but at the same time cursed by having TOO MANY good midfielders, Valencia, Mendez, Castillo, Guerron, Urrutia, Ayovi,Quiroz, Saritama, Bolanos even Lara. but we are seriously lacking options in Defense and in Forwards and speaking of Forwards I am sure that some of you guys agree with when I say that our lack of goal scorers starts in our own local tournament, for how many years now have our clubs leaned towards buying second degree "extranjeros" while our local talent gets sentenced to the bench look how much potential just got forgotten because they were overshadowed, Pony Ladines, Pablo Palacios, Edmundo Zura, Eder Vaca, Montero[Emelec kid from Panamericanos], Baldeon, and I can go on and on, I'm not saying that this is why we tied today but It's something to think about. and last but not least La Federacion could do a little more to bring us up a level, did you know that the Pan American team had to re-use uniforms? but Chiriboga traveled First class to watch the final? anyway I'm sure I'm just bringing up all this because I'm pi$$ed that we tied, but theres still 36 points in dispute...I'm sure we can grab 30 of those..lol ...right?

16. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Everything I've wanted to say about the match has been said already. Ill just say what i told my uncle after the match...If ecuador want to play in the next world cup they have to do something that they have never been able to do during the qualifiers.........

start wining away matches !!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least the matches in paraquay, brazil, argentina have already been played....

we have to beat peru, venezuela, and bolivia away no excuses.....

17. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

the funny thing is some of the people on here think there the players in the field actually working..talking bout lets focus on uruguay venezuela and paraguay..lmaoooo oh please... but anyways ,i still dont understand why vizuete started the game with those midfielders... first of all valencia wasnt on the wing which is where he is shining at these moments and niether was guerron..the second one wasnt even starting:confused:..then he placed ayovi who cant seem to defend or attack..he put one decent center in from a freekick which fell into the legs of urrutia who couldnt smash into the back of net... and he started urrutia who was doing pretty well but didnt have much to work with since castillo is more of a defensive volante, valencia had a mediocre game, and ayovi just plain sucks like yoryi has been saying and i said after the argentina display...
    AND then why did he sub urrutia out for guerron????.. ayovi was the man he shulda subbed out and maybe have moved valencia out to a wing.
    STILL theres hope though.. becuase a key player was missing in the midfield.. and we know who that is.. i guess were gonna have to start making those points come through away from home this time around..

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

in all honesty, the best link-up is between Carlos Tenorio and Felipe Caicedo....but since that's not gonna happen, we might as well put Bolanos up front with Caicedo for the next game.

20. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Colombians are very fasts players. Tenorio is slow. He was fast but that all is over. Goodbye Tenorio, you have done very well but now it is time to more on and evolve. Put your ego and pride behind and step down.

The Rain People, don't forget the rain. Both teams were lethargic. Both teams played horrible. The rain fck both teams up. ON top of that we had an offense that could only match up against smaller players. Guess what, Colombians are TALL.

Someone asked who could finish off after we put Tenorio to rest. ARE you kidding. For the first time we have people in our division that are more than qualified. Chiriborga inisted on Tenorio and for WHAT?!!!!

This is a game about Stradegy but politics impede the strategy.

I'm and going to repeat what I am saying to give you guys a better picture.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

If you put Bolanos with Caicedo, you are going to wait a long time for a goal. You may not get a goal at all. Why? because even though both are great players and especially Caicedo, they do not know how to commuicate on the pitch. If you put Caicedo and with Tenorio you will get a alighty better result bet Tenorio is know to do good only for the first half. The second half he is breathless. So the strike has got to come from the first half of the game.

Putting Bolanos without Guerron will not work.
    Putting Guerron without Bolonos will barely work.

..now. You put Bolanos and Guerron together, you will get goals on the first and second half. These two have shown all of you, in your faces how they could execute a great result.

Now pay close attention to this. Urrutia, Bolanos and Guerron have played exceptionally well together in the LDU. It's called being practical. If you are going to start in Argentina will Urrutia, and Guerron, for MOFO Sakes!, Put Bolanos in as well and let them do what they are use to doing! Hello! They have been playing often together. Their minds are already pre-trained to function together. OUr defense has already improved dramatically why waist our offense with Tenorio.

Furthermore, Benitez has not done anything for the NT and if you count the game against Peru when He assisted the "ONE" goal", then you are just a biased fan. Face it, Benitez is short. He is a master baller but he can't do anything by himself. His game is totally different from the way our NT functions. Unfortunately, the NT were conditioned that way. Still a course of action has taking place regarding our play. There is no time to change it now. Let's use what we got to the fullest potential.

I'm happy with Dejesus, Hurtado, Espinoza Ambrossi (my boy is talking about CAmpos, what u guys think of him?)

I'm Happy with Valencia Castillo Urrutia and Ayvoi

front two has to be Guerron and Bolanos.

Now Kaviedes has his ups and downs. NO doubt he is talented so I will have him as a sub.

Urrutia could be subbed by Mendez or better Caicedo to do a 4 3 3

I couldn't figure out what the Fck Vizuete was thinking but then again, it has to be Chiriborga. Vizuete did a Suarez move and now that I think of it, it could have been Chiriborga calling the shots.

You're only as strong as you weakest link.​

21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I agree 200%. As I said before, I didn't get why he subbed Urrutia for Guerron yesterday. Also, I feel like Ayovi has become the untouchable starter for no reason (like Chala used to be). Ayovi is a decent player, but he's certainly not a key to victory. Maybe they are trying to sell him to Werder Bremen!

22. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

ayovi serves a purpose. He's not the best granted but he is very good. WE are very low on left footers so I would keep him. He could only get better. How old is he?

With Velencia CAstillo, Urrutia, Ayovi is trouble for the defense but again, they have to play together. Taking Urrutia out and Ayovi just crashes.

23. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England

From a Colombian, everytime Guerron had the ball, I was practically sh*tting myself. I never got this from any other player. El man blanco, como se llama long hair, white on the left hand side, was incredibly slow for Ecuador.

I dont know what happened to Tenorio, he had an AMAZING game against France in Paris but he looked like he could have played HOURS and not score let alone hit the target. But what I was shocked more is from the 65th minute to the final whistle where Ecuadors heads went down, complaining at each other. Thats what was more weird, how you lot just let it slip.

Only thing im glad is that we got one over Sixto, who was basically taking the piss before the game saying weve already won and waiving the flag at the start of the match like any other Ecuadorian doesnt have any more passion than him. Idiot.

24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

25. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

fat? LOL

Well the rain did affect both teams. I hate to say it, I totally forgot about Ambrossi. He wasn't himself.