Ecuador - Colombia : Eliminatorias 2008

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Jun 5, 2008.

1. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Re: Ecuador - Colombia : Eliminatorias

Exactly,,,once Urrutia was subed Colombia se fue encima.Castillo and Valencia were lost.
    I also can't believe how beautiful we played Sunday and ended up playing like sh!t tonight.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Truth is, we can't finish...thats all it is in a nut shell!

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I don't think we played beautifully on Sunday...it was very tactical, defensive and for the most part...it got the job done, but beautiful? Far from it!

4. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

I think Ayovi did fine and Omar. They worked with what they had which was not enough. Benitez is a sub, Tenorio is overrated. The right side should have been Dejesus, Valencia, Guerron. Putting Valencia in the middle was not his position.

5. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota

i agree, just dont see the point of claiming things about other teams like us being "weak"

but whatever, i have a question that i debate with friends for you guys....this year's conmebol's idea to have 2 matches in the same week forces every team two basically form two squads.....colombia played with one team against peru and 7 changes against ecuador.....w did the same when we had to play brasil and then bolivia and again with venezuela and argentina

in other words it seems that having two full squads to play two different games is one of our stratedies which is what my question to ecuador is:

tonight there was 2 changes to the team that played against argentina and so, was there a debate in ecuador to place a different team simply because they must have been tired after the tie in buenos aires?

6. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

I strongly disagree. We played Beautifully agains ARG. IMO, Argentina was dangerous all the time. We were the better team which made them look bad.

7. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Ayovi couldn't even levantar un buen centro or corners.Omar started the game fine and then just brought his game down.Tell me what did Guerron do today???????I keep telling you guys que aun le falta mucho al man.Hopefully in el Getafe they school him some more.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

We'll agree to disagree. Getting the job done and playing a good tactical game does not equal "beautiful". Ecuador played a great game...but it wasn't beautiful. It wasn't free flowing creatinve football as much as it was man to man marking and covering your ass.

Like I said, it got the job done until the 94th minute. The counter attack leading to the goal and the goal itself was a beautiful play and fantastic moment but thats about it. The rest was hard-earned and solid defending.

Argentina did not only lost because we covered them like true defenders ahead of the game but also because they missed some serious opportunities.

9. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Of course we could finish. Time to wake up and realize that has not finished. Yeah he assited a goal against Peru but they are doing bad. Why he started is beyond me. Why Tenorio started is a travesty.

had Guerron and Bolanos played, we would have had an entirely different outcome.

Colombia started real slow and had trouble finding the pace. You don't think Bolnas and Guerron would have cashed in on that?

Ayovi and Urrutia were called out. Tenorio was not doing absofukinglutley nothing. Benitez is too short and should always be a sub. Here we Have Caicedo who you all saw what he did in little time. Bolanos Caicedo and Guerron are the thre Musketeers. We would have owned this game but instead, we played Tenorio and Benitez.

OMG , why in the world did we not finish?

Please, as soon as I saw the lineup, I knew it was down hill.

10. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Those headers Tenorio missed,,,el Tin used to score them with ease.;)

11. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Guerron need Bolanos or Caicedo. Guerron is fast and no other player could cash in on that. What did not we take advantage of his speed? Becuase they can't. He made a brilliant cross that Tenorio mucked up. Why u hating n him.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I agree on one thing...Tenorio needs to go!! His contributions are worthless for the most part and we have strikers that need the time up front to find their place in the NT so we don't waste them on the bench. Borja, Caicedo and Benitez need to play together and get their chemistry going. Bolanios also has a great future. No more Tenorio...South American qualifiers are obviously out of his league nowadays!

13. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Why I'm hating on him,,,,,cause he's BRUTO thats why.
    YES he may have the speed and agility,,but has no brains.He wants to do it all by himself most of the time,plays with his head down and makes silly turnarounds,,by not making el pase mas facil or shooting at gol when he has no angle.
    Take for example the first play he did today when he entered the pitch,,,,en un cruze he got possession of the ball,,instead of liftting up his head and crossing the ball,,he shot at gol with no angle almost falling down,,throwing the ball to the bleachers,,,a waste of attack right there.

14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

You say that we played beautifully against Argentia. Guerron started on that game. You telling me he had noithng toi d with it? Any player needs the time to adapt to the play. Its called the "Learning Curb". Had Guerron started with of course Bolanos who have played together alot in LDU, the reflexes would have kicked in automatically. They know eachother well. Why not use what we got and the to me was the best option.

Tenorioi?!!!! R u frigging seroius! You have nothing to say about him? Benitez...have u nothing to say about him?
    Benitez is a brilliant baller don't et me wrong but he could never execute anything in our NT, yet we insist on playing him and starting with him. He is short too btw. That affects our play. He would have been the perfect sub on the second half of the game because of his skill and speed but not as a starter. The Columbians were way taller than him. Its simple math.

Those two were responsible for our poor offensive strike.

Bolanos and Guerron vs Caicedo and Benitez.

Simple math. The team practically formed itself and Vizuete fckd it up by starting Tenorio and Benitiez.

15. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

ayovi....agian!!!!!!!:eek:... the guy needs to set time apart and work on his corners..smh... and shame on bolanhos for taking the shot caicedo worked to get.. if caicedo had struck it i bet it wouldnt have been a total miss like bolanhos shot.. becuase caicedo was gonna aim for the lower corner not blast a hail mary like bolanhos... smells like glory hogging

16. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Que pasa casi casis, eso les pasa por creerle a ese casi tecnico que tienen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Jajaja da risa ver como terminan celebrando el empate, que paso con los 4 puntos que Pinto iva a sacar???

18. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

lol at this loser.

19. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

eran 6 loko... dique they were gonna blow out peru..and beat us in quito...

20. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

en fin, perder puntos en casa es malo, colombia solo ha perdido dos puntos en casa y se ha ganado todos los otros en su estadio, empatamos con brazil, le ganamos a argentina, venezuela, etc...

Tenemos, statisticamente, la mejor defensa en un continente, y la peor ofensa, pero estamos en este momento todavia clasificados, y eso es todo lo que importa.

So our little loser team that has statistically beaten you over the history of futbol will just have to go to the world cup knowing we tied you in your house and din't beat you, aww shucks.

21. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

word..sucks doesnt it..

22. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Jugo mas o menos,,pero todavia no me convence.One good game don't mean sh!t,,,I need consistency.Thats the difference between the Aguinaga's Obregons,Tenorio's,etc,etc,they played hard and produced in every single game and thats what made them great.Most of you guys see a ecua baller have one good game,just one and already start thinking they are the next Alberto Spencer.And you can't compare clubs con una selecion.While they may partners in crime in Liga,,they probably won't be able to do the same en una sele.
    As for Tenorio,,,who is there to replace him,besides Felipao.Borja already showed us that he sucks might big balls in la tri.Who are we gonna call,,Mamita Calderon,Ebelio,,,????So what if Benitez is to small,,that does not matter,,,he just didn't have it tonight.
    Vizuete f!cked up by taking out Urrutia and giving away our medio campo.

23. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

felipao has some excelent dribbling skills..and im not just saying it from what the little shimmy he showed us today but if u watch him in man city you would know.. tenerio is washed up ..many of us have said this 100 times..

either our defense ********s up or we cant finish..wtf

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

several questions I have to ask you..

will you beat brazil, or even tie them in brazil?
    will you beat argentina, or even tie them in argentina?
    will you beat uruguay, or even tie them in uruguay?
    will you beat paraguay, or even tie them in paraguay?

yes, nobody can take away colombia's points at this point and time but the question is whether your team is riding a lucky streak or if it has the stamina, experience, and quality to run the marathon that is the CONMEBOL qualifiers...

we'll see who has the last laugh at the end of the qualifiers, because the END RESULT is what matters, until then you're still fighting for that world cup spot that has evaded you since 1998

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Truth is, I'd have been happier with a 1-1 or a 2-2.

We have a NT that can't score in their own house??? WTF?